• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Archive] Pokemon Essentials: Starter Kit for RPG Maker XP

Status
Not open for further replies.

fudgy

so i herd you liek mudkipz?
Years
  • Seen Jun 15, 2010
yup i got it thnx wichu.

and i have one (last hopefully >.<) question. when i exit the living room (from your house) in my game. it go into your home town (maple town) and then your right infront of your house, but the whole game freezes? why is this//

PoKéMaKeR1

Pokemon Rancher creator!
Years
I want to make an event like the lucky number show from g/s/c
but my question is how?!
I have sth like "getForeignID"
And then conditional brance script: ForeignID=ID
but It's not working.. (I didn't expect it to work btw :P)
Can some one help me with this?
Thanks in advance!
PoKéMaKeR

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 7, 2023
Fudgy: Check the tileset passability, and make sure that you're only deleting tiles using the top left tile in the editor, not any other blank tiles.
Pokémaker: Use the == operator to compare values. Try:
Set variable 0001 to a random number between 0 and 65535.
Display text (Today's lucky number is \v[1])
Use this script as a conditional branch:
$game_variables[1]==$Trainer.publicID(id), where id is the value of a PokeBattle_Pokemon#trainerID or $Trainer.id.

PoKéMaKeR1

Pokemon Rancher creator!
Years
Pokémaker: Use the == operator to compare values. Try:
Set variable 0001 to a random number between 0 and 65535.
Display text (Today's lucky number is \v[1])
Use this script as a conditional branch:
$game_variables[1]==$Trainer.publicID(id), where id is the value of a PokeBattle_Pokemon#trainerID or $Trainer.id.

Thanks Wichu, this works :)

PoKéMaKeR

fudgy

so i herd you liek mudkipz?
Years
  • Seen Jun 15, 2010
Fudgy: Check the tileset passability, and make sure that you're only deleting tiles using the top left tile in the editor, not any other blank tiles.

ya thats my problem, thank you!

nvm that isnt the problem *sob*

Last edited:

sonic smash down

Where those that train, train hard!
Years
i know someone has probally already answered this but can anyone tell me how to make sure only one pokemon is taken from the lab when you receive your first one?

Luke128th

These days shall pass...
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jun 1, 2012
Make the pbHasSpecies? conditional branch 3 times for each different starter. Then set the event with the rival and when you get back to wherever the Pokemon was stolen, use the pbHasSpecies? command again and with that choose the ball that was stolen and erase the event.

Luke128th

These days shall pass...
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jun 1, 2012
Oh I see what you mean! Just use the pbHasSpecies? command in a conditional branch three times(one for each starter), and then for the two that weren't taken leave them alone and under the condtional branch erase the ball of the starter you chose.

Luke128th

These days shall pass...
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jun 1, 2012
Hope it works man. I tried it with my game with success(even though there was just one starter XD)

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jul 24, 2011
ya thats my problem, thank you!

nvm that isnt the problem *sob*

did you check to see if you have any autorun/parellel processes that have the "wait" command in them?

it works after you get all three. damn *goes to look at pk essential notes again*

set a switch, make a second page that says that they already have a pokemon. and you're done. :D

Last edited:

Hall Of Famer

Born as Hall of Famer
Years
I have two question to ask:

1. How can I set up specific music for Bicycle Theme and Surfing Theme just like what happens in Pokemon original game? Don't you think the music should change to specific themes when the protagonist begins surfing or cycling?

2. Is there a bug with the Warp to Map from the Debug feature? Everytime I try this option the protagonist goes to a black space of that map I choose.

3. What's going on with the Fishing Event? It still doesn't work even after upgrade and I wonder why.

Short Range

Chargin' mah Solarbeam!
Years
This isn't really a glitch but more of an oddity but I can see why it happens. I was looking at the Diamond and Pearl Pokemon and noticed that they have strange learnsets. For example, Dialga has Blast Burn. o.O
Will the new moves be in the next release or in a later release? thanks a bunch. :3

crzyone9584

Pokemon: The Beginning Founder
Years
it works after you get all three. damn *goes to look at pk essential notes again*

i hope this helps this is right out of my events for the three pokemon.

Code:
ConditionalBranch: Script: pbHasSpecies?(::PBSpecies::CHARMANDER) 
text 
exit event

Else 
ConditionalBranch: Script: pbHasSpecies?(::PBSpecies::Squritle) 
text 
exit event

Else 
ConditionalBranch: Script: pbHasSpecies?(::PBSpecies::BULBASAUR) 
text 
exit event

Else 
 Show choices do you want so and so
when yes
Conditional Branch: Script: Kernel.pbAddPokemon(PBSpecies::BULBASAUR) 
Control Self Swith: A =ON 

text: you have chossen so and so pokemon

when no
text: please choose a pokemon

Second event page 
make sure control switch a is turned on and the picture for the event is empty
nothing

how it works is it checks to see if they have any of the three pokemon. all you really have to change is the text is where you put professor oak: You already have a one please dont be greedy. or something like that. and change the add pokemon script ot which ever pokemon you want the user to use. hope that helps.

AJ™

ANGRY FAIC!!!
Years
This isn't really a glitch but more of an oddity but I can see why it happens. I was looking at the Diamond and Pearl Pokemon and noticed that they have strange learnsets. For example, Dialga has Blast Burn. o.O
Will the new moves be in the next release or in a later release? thanks a bunch. :3

Yeah, i just realized the 4th Gen moves aren't in there.
it kind of upsets me D:

Hall Of Famer

Born as Hall of Famer
Years
I have two question to ask:

1. How can I set up specific music for Bicycle Theme and Surfing Theme just like what happens in Pokemon original game? Don't you think the music should change to specific themes when the protagonist begins surfing or cycling?

2. Is there a bug with the Warp to Map from the Debug feature? Everytime I try this option the protagonist goes to a black space of that map I choose.

3. What's going on with the Fishing Event? It still doesn't work even after upgrade and I wonder why.

Can someone please answer my question?

Years
Can someone please answer my question?

1. Look in Walk/Run at the line 49. There is if $PokemonGlobal.bicycle. Try to put $game_system.bgm_play(RPG::AudioFile.new("Nameofyourmusic", 100, 100))
I've not tested it, cause I've not yet used the bicycle in my game.

2. The warp is random, so if u have big black spots on your maps it can warp there...
Push ctrl to walk through it.

3. I've not tested it yet either. But i know a friend of mines has used the fishing event and it worked :s . But this was with an older version.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back