• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

RSE Remake Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Jan 13, 2013
Have you played B2W2 yet? If so, you must have noticed that the new areas in B2W2 have a Hoenn feel to them. I'd say the biggest hints would be the emeralds in PWT and Driftveil, Rebirth Cave, the route before Rebirth Cave, and the New town with the water Gym. They scream Hoenn.
Very true, I don't know why I forgot about those. Then, there actually is a decent amount of hints. Rebirth cave has to be a pretty big hint IMO, there is one part in the cave with a big pool of water/magma which almost exactly resembles the caves that Groudon/Kyogre can be caught in, in Emerald. The part with the houses on top of the water in Shizui's town reminded me of Pacifidlog straight away.

Also, the fact that a Rustboro remix was programmed into B2W2 but is not used ANYWHERE in the game could very well be some sort of evidence too. Although, I think I remember that they put a remix of Suicine's battle music in FRLG and it meant nothing but who knows.

The hints are quite subtle, because you can't be 100% sure as to whether they thought of them as hints or not when putting them in but I'd say the ones you mentioned are very interesting and its likely that they could be hints.

There are even more things in B2/W2 resembling Hoenn. Going through underwater to get to final gym, new Champion who used to be Gym Leader and left his/her mentor as Gym Leader, crisis and music change caused by actions of mascot Pokemon - Kyurem's ice did that in Opelucid, the same like Kyogre's/Groudon's powers in east Hoenn. Hidden Hollows in B2/W2 resemble Secret Bases in R/S/E.

Of course all those things can be said to be coincidences, but there are so many of them that it's hard to believe Game Freak made them all without thinking about remaking R/S/E.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
Years
I feel like even though Unova is resembling Hoenn's features a lot (the stuff wombateiro just mentioned above) they're going to have to remake RSE eventually. They stopped making GBA games and Hoenn was part of the Pokemon history so they'll probably want the newer fans to experience it too. I don't think they're just going to.. forget about them.

When the GSC games turned 10 everyone was basically begging for a remake and we got one, though that might be because the games were 2 platforms old (Gameboy Color -> Advanced -> DS iirc).

Idk, I just feel like they're going to have to do it eventually, especially with lots of fans begging for a remake of these games, too.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
We spent two generations on the Ds, so if Hoenn isn't remade this gen it will never have been in the ds rather the 3Ds which will be the handheld for Gen VI (unless Gf plans to drag on making DS games...). The rushing of this generation gives me the impression that they want to end the gen as quick as possible to start making 3DS games.

So I'm starting to think that it will be for gen VI.

RandomDSdevel

The EXP-Grinding Trainer
Years
Speaking of Hardware Generations…

This broke the chain for this combo, this is why I don't think we'll be getting Gen 3 remakes until Gen 6 cause that one has a high chance of having less Gen 3 Pokemon and fits the platform pattern.

Actually, the Pokémon generations could still remain in lockstep with the major hardware generations if GameFreak has decided to count the Nintendo DSi separately in this respect.

Last edited:

Years
^ That thought came to me but they just didn't make them DSi exclusive enough.

Anyways on topic: What new features do you think the remakes will have? I can see walking with Pokémon returning. Also each remake has had a feature later seen in a larger form in the following gen (wi-fi in FrLg, and special Pokémon (Pokéwalker -> Dreamworld).

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
Ah well they'll definitely have some sort of GTS-type-thingy. Because that's how things go now. But the best thing imo would be a combination acro/mach bike. Which is such a dorky and minute thing. However I think it would be great, especially if they put in more stuff you could only reach with the bike. Because that kind of thing is fun. Also maybe more diving areas and more things what diving is useful for?

Kerjo

Dark/Ground Gym Leader
Years
There are even more things in B2/W2 resembling Hoenn. Going through underwater to get to final gym, new Champion who used to be Gym Leader and left his/her mentor as Gym Leader, crisis and music change caused by actions of mascot Pokemon - Kyurem's ice did that in Opelucid, the same like Kyogre's/Groudon's powers in east Hoenn. Hidden Hollows in B2/W2 resemble Secret Bases in R/S/E.

Of course all those things can be said to be coincidences, but there are so many of them that it's hard to believe Game Freak made them all without thinking about remaking R/S/E.

While I'm all for hints towards RSE remakes, I think some of these are more coincidences.

One, it's not necessary to go underwater to get to the final gym, you have an option of taking the tunnel or going through the route. But this could be connected to the final town/gym type theory.

If you played Black, Iris wasn't a gym leader so the relevance of events can't really be used. Hence why I didn't state that as Iris was already hinted at becoming stronger in BW. Still I see your point.

Music changing can't really be a hint as in every game that has a major change happening the music changes. It goes with the mood.

Years
  • Seen Jan 13, 2013
Actually, the Pokémon generations could stillremain in lockstep with the major hardware generations if GameFreak has decided to count the Nintendo DSi separately in this respect.

That's what I think. Even though gen 5 can be played on old DS/DS Lite, recommended platform is DSi because of Xtransceiver. Also, gen 5 has no option to use dual-slot (dongle) mode because DSi has no GBA slot. It makes gen 5 looking even more to be made especially for DSi. If we treat gen 5 as DSi generation, R/S remakes make sense to be made in gen 5.

While I'm all for hints towards RSE remakes, I think some of these are more coincidences.

One, it's not necessary to go underwater to get to the final gym, you have an option of taking the tunnel or going through the route. But this could be connected to the final town/gym type theory.

If you played Black, Iris wasn't a gym leader so the relevance of events can't really be used. Hence why I didn't state that as Iris was already hinted at becoming stronger in BW. Still I see your point.

Music changing can't really be a hint as in every game that has a major change happening the music changes. It goes with the mood.

Actually, crisis and temporary music change caused by power of legendary Pokemon is something featured only in R/S/E and B2/W2. I don't mean short music changes at the moment while Pokemon is appearing. I mean Drought/Flood music from R/S/E and frozen Opelucid music from B2/W2.

You're right that those things from B2/W2 aren't exactly the same like in R/S/E, but that's actually good thing because they resemble R/S/E but have their own style at the same time. Also, Hidden Hollows scream Secret Bases. I really think we should except R/S remakes in gen 5. Hoenn is being hinted in B/W/B2/W2 like Johto was being hinted in D/P/Pt.

rocky505

<Now who's awesome!
Years
We've had a similar thing to . Gs could be played on gameboy but were licensed as color games. Bw/b2w2 may not have dsi written on the covers but the games code shows its a dsi game.

Years
It does, huh wasn't aware of that...well that would make possible remakes this generation fit with the remakes after 2 console.

I'm hoping that they allow us to travel around that somewhat large island north of the rapid water route. They could add some more routes and have a side quest in which we have to explore them. Perhaps they can hold foreign legends post game.
Hoenn also has the rest of the small islands which we unaccessable in gen III. Plus adding more land to explore would please those "Hoenn has too much water and not enough land" people (no not Team Magma).

C Payne

Hoenn in 3D!
Years
  • Va
  • Seen Aug 23, 2014
I think they were more irritated by the lack of Pokes found on the water routes rather than the actual routes themselves. If they expand the 'dex a little and add in some more extras throughout the water routes, that may help a lot.

It's nice to have a set of games that have a more vast ocean to explore, all land gets stale. That's all we've basically had aside from Gen III.

Making more of the previously inaccessible islands have something going on on them is interesting though.

bwburke94

Forever Aspertia's Aspie
Years
We don't even know if BW or BW2 are getting third versions. With that being said, Hoenn is turning 10 years old this year. BW2 was announced 5 months beforehand, so Hoenn remakes released in November or so are out of the picture. There's still a chance of a spring/summer 2013 release.

Years
My guess if they are released next year it'll be announced around March and released in September, or possibly announced in January and released in June.

Also if RSE remakes are coming we should look at the next Movie for possible hints, especially if a Hoenn Pokémon is playing a prominent role a la Notch ear Pichu.

Years
  • Seen Jan 13, 2013
Remakes in this year aren't totally impossible. B2/W2 were announced 4 months before release. Interesting thing is that we started getting solid information only about 2 months before release. R/S remakes might be announced in August and start being promoted in September and October.
Maybe they are planning something like in 2004, when FR/LG got released outside Japan only 1 week before Emerald in Japan.

Btw, assuming World Tournament in B2/W2 is canon (because Koga is not present), and because Wallace is in Champions group, I think R/S remakes might even be in gen 5 timeline because in HG/SS Steven says he's the Champion and that he must go back to League, so he wasn't replaced by Wallace in gen 4 yet.

Years
I have always said that there will be these remakes and most likely for the 3DS, but it won't happen for like, 2-3 years I think. The dust will have to settle around B2/W2 and then I expect to start seeing rumblings of the remakes.​

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
Years
I think they were more irritated by the lack of Pokes found on the water routes rather than the actual routes themselves. If they expand the 'dex a little and add in some more extras throughout the water routes, that may help a lot.

It's nice to have a set of games that have a more vast ocean to explore, all land gets stale. That's all we've basically had aside from Gen III.

Making more of the previously inaccessible islands have something going on on them is interesting though.

Rock pokemon are near unusable in Emerald. The 8th Gym, Champion, and the routes leading up to them are filled with water pokemon.

There is a clever fix water routes: Islands. Along the expansive water routes and diving spots there are islands dedicated to ALL types of pokemon, not just one type.
PLUS, this adds an opportunity to add SECRET islands to search for. Imagine if there where 17 islands scattered along all of the water routes of Hoenn, forcing the player to use a comination of Surf, Dive, and Waterfall to find all 17 of these legendary places.
And the islands themselves could be something special.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jun 9, 2017
It would be cool if they made a remake of Pokemon Emerald and amplify the story so N can make his big comeback and try to capture Rayquaza and force people to release their pokemon by controlling weather or something.

Years
  • Seen Apr 14, 2013
Here's something to think about that I read on the Bulbagarden forums.

Recently, a promo for next year's movie confirmed that Genesect will be in it. With Genesect being the only Pokemon left to reveal, why have they shown it almost a year in advance? Many have suggested this means that a Gen VI Pokemon will be in the movie as well, as the big star of the movies is usually revealed in February. This would allow the movie to wrap up Gen V and welcome in Gen VI kind of like the Lucario and Zoroark movies did, which would mean no remakes this time. I feel this makes sense, as there isn't a reason for Genesect to be revealed so soon unless they are planning on moving to Gen VI next year.

Remakes in this year aren't totally impossible. B2/W2 were announced 4 months before release. Interesting thing is that we started getting solid information only about 2 months before release. R/S remakes might be announced in August and start being promoted in September and October.

I doubt it. They packed a ton of features into B2/W2, which should keep players busy for a while, or at least content. All the Legendary Pokemon, the World Tournament, it just seems like these games are serving as the grand finale of the DS games. Plus, we never know what spinoff games will come soon, which I still kind of expect a 3D battling game for the Wii or WiiU, but who knows...

Bt
w, assuming World Tournament in B2/W2 is canon (because Koga is not present), and because Wallace is in Champions group, I think R/S remakes might even be in gen 5 timeline because in HG/SS Steven says he's the Champion and that he must go back to League, so he wasn't replaced by Wallace in gen 4 yet.

You can't really argue timeline because Gen V is split up between 2 years. Also, Giovanni is no longer a gym leader, so his appearance in the tournament is strictly as a former gym leader, as Blue fills that role now, yet is in the Champions Tournament. Wallace was included because he has officially served as champion before, same as Alder. If anything, it appears this Champions Tournament is for former Champions. So it would be difficult to say this is canon unless these leaders and champions don't have to have that title to participate. (Take Blue and Red, they can't both be champion because Red beat Blue for the title.)

Years
  • Seen Jan 13, 2013
I have always said that there will be these remakes and most likely for the 3DS, but it won't happen for like, 2-3 years I think. The dust will have to settle around B2/W2 and then I expect to start seeing rumblings of the remakes.​

I think it's far too much time to release remakes 2-3 years after B2/W2, considering that gap between B/W and B2/W2 is not even 2 years. Imo remakes will be released in 2013 at the latest, although I hope for 10th anniversary release in this year.

rocky505

<Now who's awesome!
Years
IMO genesect In next years movie strengthen's the possibility of no gen 6 next year. Because that will be for genesect who has yet tO be revealed, not a sixth gen Pokemon. The future gen Pokemon has tO be the main Pokemon on the movie like lugia, lati@s, Manaphy, and Zorua and zoroark. Either we're getting a new game next year or they are skipping a year like they did with emerald-> dp.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back