• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

1st Gen [GREEN]The ugliest sprites

catroZ

Working...Don't bother me...
Years
[agelimit]ages 7 and over[/agelimit]
So,in your opinion,what is the ugliest sprite in Pokemon Green?
For me, it's Mew .Look at it.It's like...well...I can't really describe it
Spoiler:

So yeah...what do you think is the ugliest sprite in Pocket Monsters Midori(Pokemon Green)?
Sprite table for reference:
PokemonGreenSheet1.gif

PokemonGreenSheet2.gif

[/agelimit]

Last edited:

Yukari

Mew, diffidently mew. It looks horrible. but honistly i don't think that their too bad.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
Hahahha. Mew is probably the worst, yeah. But also Venusaur looks like a flattened toad with a salad on top. There is something wrong with Dragonite's neck. Snorlax has small protrusions instead of actual arms. Omastar is a ~STAR. Eevee looks mostly angry. They actually manage to make Pinsir cute. What is Kangaskhan's baby doing? Like... on its way to leap out or something. Tangela has never since looked so much like a horror movie monster. Hitmonchan consists of balls.

oh my god

Exeggutor. Help, I don't think I can sleep tonight.

I think the Shellder sprite is boring, making it symmetrical was a bad move. Farfetched looks too mean-happy. Kind of like Donald Duck in a way? Rapidash has borrowed Goldeen's tail. Hahhaa Golem, cute. The Machop-family is everything but intimidating. How can Poliwrath even balance? Arcanine looks wrong somehow :( and a bit fat. Growlithe, you too. Urgh Golbat should be called Golbad here. Wigglytuff's eyes are almost as creepy as Exeggutor is as a whole. I guess that pile with something black on top is supposed to be Ekans. Butterfree looks like some kind of important priest idk. And the starters just look squeezed somehow.

tl;dr! I can't decide on which I think is ugliest because there are a whole lot of competitors here. Wait, actually. Exeggutor wins.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
The Charmeleon sprite. His arms were fat, his legs were kind of chubby, and the fire on his tail looked like an orange leaf. xD Dewgong had his eyes too far apart, and it seemed that he was biting his lips. Blastoise sprite was also quite ugly. He had a very weird expression, a big belly, and his shell was much larger than his body. Oh, and don't forget the Eevee sprite! To me, it didn't look like a real Eevee at all. It seemed like a mouse that was genetically mutated to look like an Eevee. D:

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
The Charmeleon sprite. His arms were fat, his legs were kind of chubby, and the fire on his tail looked like an orange leaf. xD Dewgong had his eyes too far apart, and it seemed that he was biting his lips. Blastoise sprite was also quite ugly. He had a very weird expression, a big belly, and his shell was much larger than his body. Oh, and don't forget the Eevee sprite! To me, it didn't look like a real Eevee at all. It looked like a mouse that was genetically mutated to look like an Eevee. D:
Oh, how could I miss Charmeleon! That really is a bad sprite, haha. Definitely a candidate. I think Dewgong is kind of cute even in Green though :3

Mackenzie

Say Somethin'!
Years
Wigglytuff is creepy looking, it looks as if it had down syndrome but no offense to those who really have it, and Hitmonchan looks like a togekiss peeking at a doduo. Actually my opinions are influenced by a video made by slowflake from youtube regarding the ugliness of pokemon sprites. After hearing and seeing the sprites being critiqued, my perception of green version sprites were never the same again. xD Despite the creepy, ugly green sprites, I think they have their own uniqueness in a way, since i think the rby backsprites were actually influenced by the japanese versions namely green.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
It would have to be Wigglytuff and Mew for me. But there is one that I actually think is pretty good and that's Clefables's.

«Chuckles»

Sharky
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Apr 29, 2023
golem looks to cute
charizard has a wierd face
Gengar's arms are just wierd
dragonite is just about as bad as mew
Mankey has little person syndrome
also whats up with machamps massive head
eevee is messed
oddish looks like the aftermath of some voodoo
wigglytuff's eyes are out of wack
jigglypuff hasnt slept in years
squirtle looks miniture compared to his tail
Venesaur and ivysaur have a legit tree growing out of their back (torterra in the making)
lapras is like a gastrodon in the making

Pokemon the After Years

Back