• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: POKéMON Ruby Destiny - Rescue Rangers [Hack of the Month July 2008]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
When Kangaskhan asks you about the notes, say no. He'll lead you to Oceania. Thanks Jagold!
Anyway, a couple of bug reports.
- There's a tile tagged as 'walk' while it should be 'blocked edge'. I'll post a couple of screenshots in a moment.
- The HM07 item respawns once you leave the map.
- The sprite of the TM25 on the right side of Oceania Isle is a Mystery Box instead of the original sprite.

Those bugs are nothing lethal, just very minor.

I'll report more bugs as I find any.
EDIT:
Found another bug, it's marked in red.

Last edited:
Years
There's one bug I found,when you exit mineral cave after returning from Veronica Town,after Chikorita talks,instead of appearing at the base you are still in mineral cave.You can go to Vextra forest however.Right now i'm in poketropolis.Since you don't appear at pokemon square Rose can't join your team.

Last edited:
Years
Umm... Some more questions.
- Where do I find Breloom? I've been looking literally everywhere.
- There's a Pikachu blocking my way to carry on in the cave, and I can't go past anywhere else.
- I can't seem to find anything to do in Oceania Isle, due to the things above. Where am I supposed to check? I've seen Groudon too, btw.

Thanks in advance.

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
thanks for all your reports...
NecroFlame, go above the waterfall and solve the little puzzle of going further from there.
you are now entering the 'Spring Flower Quarrel' in Chapter 3 of the story.

Kip

🔥 Fluffy Fire Fox
Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Mar 17, 2024
Yaaaaaay! It's finally out! Been playing it since I saw the news. :D

Firstly I'm pleased to confirm (just to those who've been wondering) that removing your previous save file works fine so long as you save in your base before switching hacks!

I'm currently being confused by the Tower of Fate (a very befuddling place indeed!) and thought I might perform better after a good nights sleep, so I will post all the glitches I've found so far... (if these have been identified before, then sorry for repeating them)

Spoiler:

That's what I could find so far... need to sleep (just looked at the clock and it's 1 AM here!)

Plus congratulations to DJG for actually completing the patch - a remarkable achievement. I'm looking forward to the next one!

(P.S. I like the new avatar :))

Years
thanks for all your reports...
NecroFlame, go above the waterfall and solve the little puzzle of going further from there.
you are now entering the 'Spring Flower Quarrel' in Chapter 3 of the story.

Little puzzle? All I see is a narrow waterway. o_o
And the tile error I was talking about is this:

picture12rt4.png
~ Image by Kip.
It's not really major, though.

Spring Flwoer Quarrel... Is that were I find Shaymin?

Nicolas

O c t o j a R e j s t r o m
Years
Little puzzle? All I see is a narrow waterway. o_o
And the tile error I was talking about is this:

picture12rt4.png
~ Image by Kip.
It's not really major, though.

Spring Flower Quarrel... Is that were I find Shaymin?

Aw... just to tell you that that was the easiest way to go to Tropius... you shouldn't have said that error :P shouldn't there be a sign that says "Spring Flower Quarrel" or something like that when you go to Shaymin?

destinedjagold

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
once again, thanks for all the bug reports...
Though I got to say, after Evil Pikachu's speech warps you in front of the tower only...

I have tried talking to her/him several times and I never got a glitch like that.., nor can I recall Nicolas having that very same problem.

Anyways, NecroFlame, I guess I should spoil some of the fun, ei? :\
Spoiler:

anyways, I already know all of those texts being off from the speech box, and I am no longer planning on fixing 'em, at least... :\
typos... well, lemme see what I can do...
and about the sprites walking/moving around even when the speech isn't over yet, I dunno...
I added a lock command but the script ignored it... :\

Years
Um, yeah. I kinda figured that out after a while. I was like "what are those rocks supposed to be?". :P
Thanks, though.
And yeah, I'm doing fine with the game so far. I'll report more bugs if I find any.

Years
Oh dear...
A pretty major bug right there:
After the team wished upon the moon, my game froze and all I saw is the moon picture. What do I do now?

Edit:
I can't even continue the game. I just freeze there and nothing happens. I saved before the dialogue with Breathena. What's next? :/

Last edited:

Lockmaster24

Wise words of FizzyStardust
Years
I'm happy i got on the computer today i wasn't but i did!!! also i have noticed that there are no healing plants in garden fields. I think you should add at least one

Last edited:

mach8822

:O :O :O :O :O
Years
Oh dear...
A pretty major bug right there:
After the team wished upon the moon, my game froze and all I saw is the moon picture. What do I do now?

Edit:
I can't even continue the game. I just freeze there and nothing happens. I saved before the dialogue with Breathena. What's next? :/

You can count out the excuse that it's your Rom specifically, it's pullnig this for me too >_<

wildarms001

Random Supporter
Years
  • Seen May 15, 2013
me too i encountered freezed after the wishing in the moon :( .. but the game is great :D esp when i got shaymin and groudon :D

destinedjagold

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
Uploaded a new patch...
Please check and see if it'll still freeze.

Also, are you guys have the Ruby ROM with the MUGS intro...?
Maybe not having it is the cause of all the glitches you have which I haven't encountered. :\

Anyways, thanks for the bug reports.
The new patch has only less bug fixes, mainly the freezing glitches are rescripted. :\
Hopefully, they work this time.

I don't understand...
Why did some of you managed to continue while other haven't...? :\
I am truly confused...

Save your game inside your base before switching ROMs.

Years
Thanks for the Patch. Now, here's a couple of bugs to report..
- I beat Groudon, it says he joined my team, but he doesn't appear in my PC, nor my team. Oh well, I guess I can live without it...
- After I talk to Evil Pikachu before the Tower of Fate, the game freezes after he says he erased their memories. Thank god it's skippable, though.

Pokepal2007

angels awakening
Years
when im on the second floor of the tower of fate i spoke to JAGOLD and the game warped me to where shaymin was being attacked

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back