• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

RSE Remake Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
...if they remake one of the first two gens I hope it's not for another 3 gens after the original remakes, same goes for Gen III,IV, and V.

Speaking of added stuff what new things might the remakes add, Kanto had the islands, a sevii island Rocket post game quest.
Johto added new routes, a safari zone, and Poketholon.
Also FrLg added the Battle hill (irc) from RS, and HgSs the BF from. So the remakes might add something from B2W2.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
...if they remake one of the first two gens I hope it's not for another 3 gens after the original remakes, same goes for Gen III,IV, and V.

Speaking of added stuff what new things might the remakes add, Kanto had the islands, a sevii island Rocket post game quest.
Johto added new routes, a safari zone, and Poketholon.
Also FrLg added the Battle hill (irc) from RS, and HgSs the BF from. So the remakes might add something from B2W2.

If you are talking about Trainer Hill, that's exclusive to Emerald. If you mean Battle Tower, that is in all Pokemon Games up to Generation 5, so its inclusion in FR/LG was more along the lines of the Battle Tower is an after story staple to the games. With that, there wasn't anything new from R/S/E added to FR/LG since none of the other exclusives transfered over.

As for Battle Frontier, seems like Main games got Tower by itself and then thirds would get Fronteir. Since Gen 2 already had a Battle tower, it got upgraded into a Frontier.

Time wise, PWT wouldn't fit in as the Unova Leaders would only then be able to consist of those from B/W as Cheren, Roxie, and Marlon were made Gym Leaders after the events of B/W. Not to mention that PWT came into creation after B/W's course and opened up for challenges during the story of B2W2.

I don't see how it could exist in the past when it wasn't thought up until many years later. The Remakes will already have the old Frontier back which is 7 facilities if I remember right, which seems more than enough if they keep it to those 7.

Altius

Flygon Fan
Years
I'm sure the PWT won't make a comeback in the remake. Perhaps the original Battle Frontier will, but PWT? No.

What I really miss were the Trick House, Contests and GAME CORNER. I sure hope Gamefreak doesn't neglect these areas if this game were remade.

Altius

Flygon Fan
Years
If the RSE remake were made for 3DS (it IS likely since the DS line is already dying), I would really love to see DLC for trick house. I'll buy every single one of them.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Oh god I forgot about Trick House. That would be awesome that after the 7 Badge related ones, you can download more mazes.

blue

gucci
Years
I was listening to the Trick House music only last night, I kinda forgot about that yet I loved it. I hope they have more complicated puzzles and as Mitja said, it would be great if you could get more via DLC.

Years
  • Seen Oct 23, 2013
If they do make it, they should add a battle frontier for after the main game, and make it more like how it is in the anime

Altius

Flygon Fan
Years
I hated the anime version of the BF...
Does anyone think they might throw in Kanto into the remakes just for the sake of having it.

I don't think so. To be honest, we had enough of Kanto. With the exception of Generation V, we can go to Kanto in EVERY SINGLE generation. I would be speechless if Gamefreak were to extend Kanto to Gen V.

If there were some sort of remake, maybe they might add the Sevii Islands in.

I am starting to think that Gen V will end with B2W2.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 14, 2021
I am starting to think that Gen V will end with B2W2.

Not unless they have no ideas of new Pokemon, they either end the games (sad but will be coming in the near future) or it will become like Digimon (initially a great franchise, untill Season 4/5) or they actually do something that's sensible such as making a remake, so that they can actually feed the fans something for Game Freak to buy sometime to make Gen VI.

Altius

Flygon Fan
Years
Not unless they have no ideas of new Pokemon, they either end the games (sad but will be coming in the near future) or it will become like Digimon (initially a great franchise, untill Season 4/5) or they actually do something that's sensible such as making a remake, so that they can actually feed the fans something for Game Freak to buy sometime to make Gen VI.
I'm starting to have this feeling that the remake will happen in Gen 6. I'm very certain GF has 3D sprites ready for the next gen (Pokedex 3D and the Harmo Knight game being a test perhaps?)

To be honest, I feel that Gen V can end beautifully without a remake. A full story of a region within one generation seems just right. The last DS compatible Pokemon games being a full story.

I can imagine how much RSE or even FRLG will benefit from a 3DS remake. With enhanced communications, no more pesky friend codes for every game, tremendous music and graphics boost...

Years
  • Seen Oct 23, 2013
They should still have the HM dive. With way better graphics, it'll be way better

imevil

Biggest Scyther Fan
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jun 5, 2016
After you finish the main game you can get it.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
I too am thinking remakes won't be coming this gen either...but if they were to include a whole of new things I wouldn't mind them (and evolutions for Hoenn pokémon like gen IV did with Johto which could be added into the Hoenn dex come remake time) I would not mind the wait at all...

Altius

Flygon Fan
Years
If RSE remakes were made for the next gen, it would mean Gen 5 is the shortest generation out of all.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
If RSE remakes were made for the next gen, it would mean Gen 5 is the shortest generation out of all.

It would have the same length as Gen 1 and Gen 2 which were 3 years for each. Two years between B/W and B2W2 and then a year after that for Gen 6 would make Gen 5 a 3 year Generation like the first two.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back