• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: [Hack of the Year 2012] POKéMON LIGHT PLATINUM

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
Please, is there any fire stone closer than at victory route? I´m in the Snowce city and need to evolve growlithe. :(
I haven't seen a Fire Stone anywhere. I haven't left Zhery yet, either.

Other question - Where can I catch or get Beldum and Dratini, please? :)
I can't confirm either one. Dratini is not in Zhery anywhere. Perhaps somewhere in Lauren?

And last question - will be there later in the game possibility to change pokemon with other players? I would like to evolve my kadabra into alakazam, but don´t want alakazam from the quy in the game but want to evolve my kadabra. Will be there later in the game this possibility?
Since this is a ROM, you will not be able to trade with other players. I don't know if it would work if you transfer the game to a flash cart.; however, because there are hacked Pokémon, I don't recommend trading with an actual Ruby or any other Gen. III game. Results will be unpredictable.

Thank you very much for answers. :)

No problem!

Also, an update to the Bagon question. I found it in a chamber in Mt. Shuem in the map data. I did not add this on my copy; it's there in the current beta with a 4% find rate. Easier than Mt. Draken for sure!

Cyclone

Last edited:

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
Isn't Dratini gift Pokemon from the Ghost City in Zheri?
I haven't been to Lauren yet, so no idea. Can you identify where?

EDIT: Oh wow, I misread that.

You are referring to Dardusk City. Nope. Drifloon is the gift Pokémon there. Later on, inside the Guardian Tower, you can obtain a free Spiritomb (on the second trip, first is occupied by Team Steam; would be kinda nice if a player can go in before the Gym in the non-Steam format, but hey). The trade near the exit to Route 410 involves a Haunter turned Gengar from the trade.

Cyclone

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Aug 11, 2016
I ment to trade it by using VBA andvance link like in other normal ROMs. But in this hack there is not a lady in pkm center through which is possible to trade pokemon like in normal games. So I thought if she appear later in the game maybe. :)

So dratini wasn´t found yet. And Beldum? :)

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
I have no data on Beldum either.

What I'd love is, if anyone has one in this game, to take a screenshot and post it (using a site like Imageshack); with this, I could possibly supply an answer.

Keep in mind Beldum is another three stage evolution, so if the later stages can be caught or received/traded, you can breed Beldum.

Cyclone

Years
  • Seen May 17, 2013
hey guys im new to this forum so hey all:)

currently playing pokemon light platinum and im stuck in on Route 504 just after Skyner City where u have to use glide to fly around, i go up the edge and it just tells me "you can fly here on your pokemon" and then just pushes me back. I have a pokemon that knows Glide which the gym leader gave me but it doesnt seem to work. Is this a glitch in the game or am i doing something wrong?
please help!

Years
hey guys im new to this forum so hey all:)

currently playing pokemon light platinum and im stuck in on Route 504 just after Skyner City where u have to use glide to fly around, i go up the edge and it just tells me "you can fly here on your pokemon" and then just pushes me back. I have a pokemon that knows Glide which the gym leader gave me but it doesnt seem to work. Is this a glitch in the game or am i doing something wrong?
please help!
Go to the edge of the Route and open the Bag menu and there you will see Pilot License option. Use it and then you can Glide on the route on your Poke. But you have to defeat Skyner's Gym first where the gym leader gives you it

Years
  • Seen Nov 23, 2015
I've run into a bug. Can anyone help me? I entered the team steam secret base, moved through part of it and then left to heal and refill items. I saved and exited before returning to the building, and when I returned the team steam members were blocking the entrance again and the agent was at the route to the north as if the event had never happened. How can I reactivate the event and get back into the team steam base?

Please? I really don't want to restart the whole game!

Years
  • Seen Jan 30, 2016
Please? I really don't want to restart the whole game!

Aw, damn. I just ran into a similar glitch. I'm in Enemery Town, and I just used the Super Repel to get rid of all the Aron in the town. ...Except the Aron are still there. But Prof. Ellie is gone, so I can't enter the volcano and repeat the experience. While backtracking, I found that I reactivated the fossil gym. Do I just need to repeat all the Lauren League gyms? Or do I have to restart?

Years
Aw, damn. I just ran into a similar glitch. I'm in Enemery Town, and I just used the Super Repel to get rid of all the Aron in the town. ...Except the Aron are still there. But Prof. Ellie is gone, so I can't enter the volcano and repeat the experience. While backtracking, I found that I reactivated the fossil gym. Do I just need to repeat all the Lauren League gyms? Or do I have to restart?
I am not so sure whether you would have to restart all the gyms. It is just that for some reason the The fossil gym was reactivated

Years
  • Seen Aug 11, 2016
Is there any possibility to get the map of the regions in the game? I´ve just defeated the dragon gym leader, but still don´t have the map and it confuses me. :D

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
Regarding event regeneration, it happened to me with Dardusk Woods. Solana is permanently there in the woods. Best way to handle this is for scripts later in the story to all automatically retrigger all past events to whatever status they should currently be at, thus "deactivating" those events again and preventing blockades. I have no clue why Team Steam suddenly reappeared at their HQ; operation complete? It's odd the characters all came out, and only the script trigger is not going away. It suggests to me that the characters are set as a temporary flag as in Gyms that you reenter, and not as permanently removed; the only way to "remove" them is to then beat the event, but you can't beat the event now. Redownload the latest version, patch a clean Ruby, and see if you still have the problem. Worst case scenario, use an editor like AdvanceMap to push the idiot out of your way. :D

(BTW, I'm currently at Route 416. I'll give this a test.)

Is there any possibility to get the map of the regions in the game? I´ve just defeated the dragon gym leader, but still don´t have the map and it confuses me. :D
The map isn't even linear; it doesn't line up to form a single complete map. I have Route and Town maps for the entire Zhery region (only Victory Road and Mt. Draken are not completed yet), so I can give you those.

To clarify my "not linear" comment, note the amount of horizontal space from the western edge of Route 403 to Enermy Town. Now note the length from the Bramboch (whatever that is before Esmerelda City) to Route 409. Yeah, it's probably double the length, and somehow you double back through a small shift in Dardusk Woods. 403 does have a northern segment exiting the Inhore Woods, so this CAN be attempted into a map, but it wouldn't line up perfectly.

Cyclone

Last edited:

U.Flame

Maker of Short Games
Years
So who's responsible for the amazing underwater tileset? Wesley or someone else? I'd like permission to use them if that's acceptable.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
So who's responsible for the amazing underwater tileset? Wesley or someone else? I'd like permission to use them if that's acceptable.
Five pages ago, Wesley showed up out of the blue to find his hack promoted to Hack of the Year and consequently granted permission for anyone who wants to use the tiles. Read his post for more details on that.

Cyclone

Years
  • Seen May 19, 2013
can anyone upload a full English rom download? i try to patch it but its still in spanish or french whatever it is .-.

Back