• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Thieves of the Night] Dark-Type Club ☻

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mithel_Celestia

Alluring Illusion
Years
Yveltal being part Dark type is stongly hinted by it's name origin:

"It may also be derived from yvel (a Middle English spelling of evil) and quetzal." - Bulbapedia

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
What do you think of Dark-Type Pokemon: cluk cluk burrrak (that they're strong sly and are super awsome)
Your partners: cluk!!! (cacture for sure)
What Types rule: clukk burrr cluk clukclu (dark!!! is there any other type?)
Answer the current topic: burrrrrrark!!!! (they need a hectic dog/wolf ledgerndary pokemon related to the moon!! like keeper of the moon!! i would borther catching that dawg!!! marster ball the fool!!)

and the the above conversations. i agree that the "Y" pokemon looks dark!! dark/flying even but who cares! and we need a OP dark move like... dark force? or demon slash? like a over powering attack that also lowers attack or defence?

Username: WeightyWillBill
What do you think of Dark-Type Pokemon: They are cool lol. They have awesome attacking stats
Your partners: Houndoom and Weavile
What Types rule: Dark lol
Answer the current topic: It's very possible that Yveltal is Dark type, but GF has only really given the Dark-love to Darkrai ):
Welcome to the club both of you.

Gah we're in need of a new topic but I can't think of one. Hahaha.

CourageHound please help.

CourageHound

Trust & Courage. Nothing More
Years
The calvary has arrived

Sorry been a bit busy lately :L...

Anyway new topic: viewing Dark type Pokemon and the dark type itself what would you classified it's greatest strengths and weaknesses to be?

Treecko

Years
Ok then

Viewing Dark type Pokemon and the dark type itself what would you classified it's greatest strengths and weaknesses to be?

I would say that one Dark-types greatest strength is their strong Attack. On average most fully evolved Dark-types have at least 100 base stats, Krookodile, Tyranittar, Bisharp and Honchkrow having the most. And all around they are good physical attackers mainly cause of the physical/special spilt of Gen IV. They also have immunity to Psychic types, which is also a plus. Their greatest weakness would have to be their lack of Defense. Generally Dark-types seem to have low to average defense and they're pretty notable for having no strong stats trend except Attack. But there are some exceptions with this. Umbreon, Tyranittar, Mandibuzz, Bisharp, Scrafty , Drapion and Spiritomb all have pretty high Defense.

Years
May I please join the club?

Username: hughes
What do you think of Dark-Type Pokemon: I think they're the coolest looking batch of the all the types.
Your partners: (Up to two) Houndoom and Weavile
What Types rule: Dark-types rule!
Answer the current topic: I think dark type's greatest strength is their advantages over ghost and psychic type pokemon. I always use them as a foil while fighting the Elite 4. Their greatest weakness, I'd say, is their lack of moves. Some new moves are heading in the right step, like Dark Pulse and Punishment, but I'd like more. (I also understand that this is because there are not as many dark pokemon, but I'd like more nonetheless.)

Years
Viewing Dark type Pokemon and the dark type itself what would you classified it's greatest strengths and weaknesses to be?

Like what AWsquared said, the greatest strengths of the Dark-type is their high Attack stat and the fact most learn moves that abuse it well. The fact that most fully-evolved Dark Pokemon have at least 100 in some of their base stats makes them pretty strong, and the fact they can counter Psychics well due to being immune to Psychic attacks. Most Dark-types do tend to lack defenses, but some notable high defensive stat Dark-types include Mandibuzz, Umbreon, Scrafty, Bisharp, Drapion and Spiritomb. Adding on to that, most Dark-types tend to get a secondary type, so far they've combined it with Dragon (Hydreigon line), Fighting (Scrafty line), Flying (Mandibuzz and Honchkrow lines), Ghost (Spiritomb and Sableye), Grass (Cacturne, Nuzleaf and Shiftry), Ground (Krookodile line), Ice (Weavile line), Poison (Skuntank line and Drapion), Rock (Tyranitar), Steel (Bisharp line) and Water (Sharpedo and Crawdaunt lines).

Also, there's loads of tricks involved with most Dark-type attacks, and while most Dark-types are physical attackers, there are a few Special-based Dark-type attackers too such as Hydreigon, Zoroark and Houndoom. It's also only got two weaknesses when unpaired, which is kinda neat despite one of them being the common Fighting-type.

Eeveelution Co-ordinator

Budding Breeder/Co-ordinator
Years
Username: Eeveelution Co-Ordinator
What do you think of Dark-Type Pokemon: They are amazing looking and really useful battlers who are just the BEST! Also, they are so good, no Gym Leader can handle them. Only the Elite 4 can handle them, sort of...
Your partners: Darkrai and Sableye
What Types rule: Dark types rule!
Answer the current topic:

I would definitely say there greatest strength is the immunity to Psychic-type attacks, making them help bring down the rulers of Pokemon during Gen II. However, their greatest weakness are definitely Bug-types and Fighting-types. Even though they have really high Attack power, this only really helps against Psychic Pokemon, as both Fighting and Bug Pokemon are often raised with high Defence AND Special Defence to counter Flying, Fire, Ice and Psychic Pokemon.

Years
  • Seen Jun 25, 2013
Username: Clydez13
What do you think about dark-type pokemon: I think Dark types are fierce and could absolutely fight on any types, except fighting types.
Your partners: Zoroark and Spiritomb
What types rule: Dark type rules!

Answer to current topic: ●Viewing Dark type Pokemon and the dark type itself what would you classified it's greatest strengths and weaknesses to be?●

Its greatest strength is that it could fight on ANY types of pokemon, except on its weakness that is fighting types.

Treecko

Years
May I please join the club?

Username: hughes
What do you think of Dark-Type Pokemon: I think they're the coolest looking batch of the all the types.
Your partners: (Up to two) Houndoom and Weavile
What Types rule: Dark-types rule!
Answer the current topic: I think dark type's greatest strength is their advantages over ghost and psychic type pokemon. I always use them as a foil while fighting the Elite 4. Their greatest weakness, I'd say, is their lack of moves. Some new moves are heading in the right step, like Dark Pulse and Punishment, but I'd like more. (I also understand that this is because there are not as many dark pokemon, but I'd like more nonetheless.)
Sure you can! Welcome to the club!
Username: Eeveelution Co-Ordinator
What do you think of Dark-Type Pokemon: They are amazing looking and really useful battlers who are just the BEST! Also, they are so good, no Gym Leader can handle them. Only the Elite 4 can handle them, sort of...
Your partners: Darkrai and Sableye
What Types rule: Dark types rule!

I would definitely say there greatest strength is the immunity to Psychic-type attacks, making them help bring down the rulers of Pokemon during Gen II. However, their greatest weakness are definitely Bug-types and Fighting-types. Even though they have really high Attack power, this only really helps against Psychic Pokemon, as both Fighting and Bug Pokemon are often raised with high Defence AND Special Defence to counter Flying, Fire, Ice and Psychic Pokemon.

Welcome to the club!

Username: Clydez13
What do you think about dark-type pokemon: I think Dark types are fierce and could absolutely fight on any types, except fighting types.
Your partners: Zoroark and Spiritomb
What types rule: Dark type rules!

Answer to current topic: ●Viewing Dark type Pokemon and the dark type itself what would you classified it's greatest strengths and weaknesses to be?●

Its greatest strength is that it could fight on ANY types of pokemon, except on its weakness that is fighting types.
Welcome to the club Clydez!

Hahaha wow three new member in a day. :D

CourageHound

Years
I also wanna give a giant welcome to all the newcomers!! :D

Answering Topic:

As others have said, a premiere advantage of the dark type is their trend of power. Weather it be attack(mostly) or special attack. There are a bunch of hyper offense and super offensive dark types to choose from. However you can say their weakness is not being able to bring much else to the plate. There are a select few dark types with above average defenses and can have roles according to those defenses, but either their secondary types or just simply their weakness to fighting(and their secondary weaknesses) hinder their defensive abillity. Not to mention fighting is a common attacking type.

Our two Ghost/Dark types are defensive but(spiritomb and sableye both have their merits) but suffer from their mosly below average stats. Hopefully gen 6 can somewhat remedy this.

Years
Dark-Types rule
I prefer ghost type but whatever.

Username: Regeneration
Partner: Darkrai
What do you like about dark types: Their immunity to psychic type moves. Pretty useful for trolling psychic types. =D

Current topic:
Weakness? Them fighting types; turn dark types to pulp because of their low defense. Advantage is primarily to counter ghosts and psychic types and both of them can be pretty damn annoying.

Lieutenant Unstable

Camelot Castaway
Years
Username: Lieutenant Unstable
What do you think of Dark-Type Pokemon: They're probably my favourite type. They're just so cool and mysterious and awesome!
Your partners: Mightyena <3
What Types rule: DARK TYPES RULES!

●Viewing Dark type Pokemon and the dark type itself what would you classified it's greatest strengths and weaknesses to be?●

I think the greatest strength is that they're so strong against Psychic types, which to me, were always the hardest to beat. Their greatest weakness is their weakness to bug and fighting types =/

Last edited:

Treecko

Years
Dark-Types rule
I prefer ghost type but whatever.

Username: Regeneration
Partner: Darkrai
What do you like about dark types: Their immunity to psychic type moves. Pretty useful for trolling psychic types. =D

Current topic:
Weakness? Them fighting types; turn dark types to pulp because of their low defense. Advantage is primarily to counter ghosts and psychic types and both of them can be pretty damn annoying.

Username: Lieutenant Unstable
What do you think of Dark-Type Pokemon: They're probably my favourite type. They're just so cool and mysterious and awesome!
Your partners: Mightyena <3
What Types rule: DARK TYPES RULES!

●Viewing Dark type Pokemon and the dark type itself what would you classified it's greatest strengths and weaknesses to be?●

I think the greatest strength is that they're so strong against Psychic types, which to me, were always the hardest to beat. Their greatest weakness is their weakness to grass and fighting =/

Welcome to the club both of you, with all this sudden club activity, I've been busy but I'll get around to adding people's names to the list. probably cause of the post-off thing. Hope we can have more discussion going on here, been trying to have this place more active.

@ Lieutenant Unstable. Dark-types do normal damage to Grass type. I'm sure you mean they're weak to Bug-types. But yes, that is one of their biggest weaknesses next to their poor defense.

Lieutenant Unstable

Camelot Castaway
Years
Welcome to the club both of you, with all this sudden club activity, I've been busy but I'll get around to adding people's names to the list. probably cause of the post-off thing. Hope we can have more discussion going on here, been trying to have this place more active.

@ Lieutenant Unstable. Dark-types do normal damage to Grass type. I'm sure you mean they're weak to Bug-types. But yes, that is one of their biggest weaknesses next to their poor defense.

Yaaay thank you! :D

Yes, I meant Bug-type but I totally derped >___< I went and edited my post so as not to look like too much of a dummy.

EvilTotodile

We're Evil
Years
  • Seen Sep 14, 2021
Username: EvilTotodile
What do you think of Dark-Type Pokemon: Fun to use in battles, but i mostly like them cuz their cool design
Your partners: (Up to two) Umbreon
What Types rule: Dark

Current Topic

advantage: strong to psychic, a commonly used type in the battles
weakness: weak to fighting, another commonly used type in battles

Treecko

Years
Username: EvilTotodile
What do you think of Dark-Type Pokemon: Fun to use in battles, but i mostly like them cuz their cool design
Your partners: (Up to two) Umbreon
What Types rule: Dark

Current Topic

advantage: strong to psychic, a commonly used type in the battles
weakness: weak to fighting, another commonly used type in battles

Welcome to the club EvilTotodile.

AAAAAh this club has been so inactive so sorry guys.

I'm gonna have to add a bunch of people to the list. ._.

Um new topic is in order.

What would you consider to be the most overrated Dark-type?

Sorry didn't mean to not post in such a long time. I want this place to be as active as possible. X_X

CourageHound

Years
Originally Posted by AWsquared

AAAAAh this club has been so inactive so sorry guys.

I'm gonna have to add a bunch of people to the list. ._.

Um new topic is in order.

T-T naw its my fault....

Well, least I can do is answer the topic...

Answering Topic: Which is the most overated Dark Type?

I would say that the dark/ghost types were the most overrated with their introduction with their no weakness. But their stats say otherwise. I cant say top OU pokes like Tyranitar and and Hydreigon are overated cuz their reputation is true to form. On that I say would be overrated is Zoroark. Its true its a very good offensive poke that can get into your opponents head and a forced to be reckoned with. However, its overhype with the introdution of its movie(refer to lucario) and its fragility combined with somewhat limited options against special walls can say a little bit about how Zoroark is slightly overated imo.

Cosmotone8

silhouette of the past
Years
Username: Cosmotone8
What do you think of Dark-Type Pokemon: Dark type Pokemon are probably the coolest types in Pokemon. Almost all the dark types look fierce and ready to fight, which is pretty awesome. :)
Your partners: Weavile and Bisharp
What Types rule: Dark-Types rule
Answer the current topic: Zoroark is kinda overrated I guess. Not really all that great a Pokemon, just has a cool ability and starred in a movie. :/

Treecko

Years
Username: Cosmotone8
What do you think of Dark-Type Pokemon: Dark type Pokemon are probably the coolest types in Pokemon. Almost all the dark types look fierce and ready to fight, which is pretty awesome. :)
Your partners: Weavile and Bisharp
What Types rule: Dark-Types rule
Answer the current topic: Zoroark is kinda overrated I guess. Not really all that great a Pokemon, just has a cool ability and starred in a movie. :/

Welcome to the club bud!

I think I agree with you about Zoroark being somewhat overrated mainly cause it's movie overhypes it. While his Illusion ability is neat, and it's a good offensively, but it's not very special to me. Though still a cool looking Pokemon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back