• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Football/Soccer Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
Years
Carroll played very well, but I hate it when people change their whole opinion of a player based on one match. People were saying that Rooney is awful after the City v United game a little while back and that was so stupid.

...although I don't see a problem with goal line technology. At all.

Years
It happens all the time, Carroll and Torres suddenly become the best players of all time for every goal they score and then soon after the same people are slating them.

I have nothing against goal line technology, but it's already being developed so people arguing for it isn't going to help. It also becomes the focus of every match like this now.

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
Years
How to ruin your season in 10 minutes:

- Tackle Ronaldo down in the box for absolutely no reason
- Score an own goal in injury time
- Throw a bottle at the ref and get half of your team sent off for possibly longer than 1 match

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9BL9NOZFiPg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SH3G6R-cwWQ

One match left and 5 teams can go down next week, and 6 could play Champions or EL. It's going to be a very fun last day in La Liga.

Years
That Ronaldo tackle is just stupid. The bottle video wouldn't load, but I assume it's even worse.

Newcastle-City was a good game today. Shame Newcastle lost in the end though.

Dreg

Done after the GT.
Years
  • Seen Jul 11, 2016
Albeit a bit late, but I'm glad to see Blackpool edged Birmingham City. They really should have kept a clean sheet: It was a poor second half. They really need to up their game if they are gonna have a good chance against West Ham, but I believe in them to acheive it. Come on the Tangerines! :D

Weeaboo Name

Banned
Years
And that is how to finish a season, well done City.

Norwich did good too, a goal and a clean sheet for the 2 England candidates.....that won't get called up.

Years
It was a brilliant finish to the season, it's just a shame the trophy is in City's hands.

Barton is a maniac though. I'm not too sure about the original Tevez elbow because that just seems like Tevez dived, but from then until he was finally in the tunnel he was just possessed.

As for your Norwich comment Lapras, I think Holt could definitely be a contender for a place in the squad. He's 10x better than Carroll for a start.

Weeaboo Name

Banned
Years
Barton is certainly a character, I think he'll have a big ban at the start of next season.

Can't see him getting in tbh, Ruddy has more of a chance although he'll only be second choice at best.

Dreg

Done after the GT.
Years
  • Seen Jul 11, 2016
Yes! yes! Yeeeeeeeeeesssssssssss!!! Words cannot describe how pleased I am that City managed to win the title after 2 goals in injury time. I don't really think that Barton was part of the outcome because QPR still scored with 10 men. It's like City did a Lewis Hamilton when he won his first F1 title.

it's just a shame the trophy is in City's hands.

Are you kidding? It's brilliant! I'm getting sick of seeing Man United winning the title because it just gets really boring after a while. What a remarkable (and happy) ending to the 20th Season of the Premier League. :D

Nihilego

Years
It was sorta nice to see a change from United winning the PL but I really think the title went to the wrong team. Not that I'd rather see Arsenal win it, but City essentially spent their way to the top, which I really don't like. But then, that's the PL for you I guess... other than one or two exceptions, any team that gets high up the tables is gonna have thrown money around at some point. It's a bit of a shame.

Meanwhile, Spurs secure 4th. I'm happy with that assuming Chelsea don't win the CL. Shame we couldn't beat Arsenal but after the bad spell we had, it could have been much worse. A month or two ago I wouldn't have seen us finishing ahead of Chelsea or, for a period, even Newcastle.

Years
Yes! yes! Yeeeeeeeeeesssssssssss!!! Words cannot describe how pleased I am that City managed to win the title after 2 goals in injury time. I don't really think that Barton was part of the outcome because QPR still scored with 10 men. It's like City did a Lewis Hamilton when he won his first F1 title.
Except Glock completely let Hamilton past. -.-

Are you kidding? It's brilliant! I'm getting sick of seeing Man United winning the title because it just gets really boring after a while. What a remarkable (and happy) ending to the 20th Season of the Premier League. :D
It's all well and good that someone else won, but it could lead to City's repetitive winning until the Sheikh's money dries up.

I'd much rather Chelsea or Arsenal were challenging.

Years
I actually caught the final 30 minutes of the QPR/Man City match and saw they they were tied and then QPR scored that second goal despite being down a man. And after seeing the Rangers defend like they did until 85 minutes in, I thought that City just gave the title to Man United.

So, I decide to go mow my lawn thinking the game was over the United got a freebie. I come back in around 20 minutes later, turn on my TV and I see the celebration City were having due to me missing the two goals they scored in injury time.

Remind me never to leave a game before it is finished.

Ivysaur

Years
Who wears blue and white, is owned by a billionaire oil sheik and will play CL next year?

Spoiler:

In La Liga, Madrid have got the ridiculous amount of 100 points and 121 goals- I can't see anybody beating that any time soon.

A shame we (Atlético) ended up 2 points short of getting that spot- at least we'll play the EL group stage as the defending champions, which saves us from a ridiculous summer of qualifying rounds. Hats off to Levante, who also qualified for the EL despite having "not being relegated with 10 games to go" as their main goal by the beggining of the season. It seems they didn't quite realize how good they were.

And Zaragoza managed to survive despite getting only 15 points in the first 25 games- 9 wins and a draw in the 13 remaining matches is an impressive stat, and they scored first in their games against Madrid and Barcelona they ended up losing. It's miraculous.

Years
Nearly had a heart attack yesterday watching the matches and I wanted to die at the result.
Fair play to City and they were the better team over the season, but can I point out how dominant the Manchester clubs were this season?

1st Man City - 89 points
2nd Man United - 89 points
3rd Arsenal - 70 points!

XD​

Years
If anyone seriously tries to defend Tevez, then oh dear.
I use to love Tevez and I wished him well at City, but he has done nothing this season, been out for most of it, now comes back, doesn't really do anything in the last match and thinks he can get away with that sign?

I have no respect for him and he is going to get a complete crap storm on him now, not just from Manchester United fans.​

Nihilego

Years
All I can really say is thank God it's just one idiot getting way up himself. I was probably a bit far when I said it took the whole of the PL lower, but still, I really don't like this at all. And when it's all eyes on City right now and he pulls something like this... it can't end well for the rest of the League.

Ivysaur

Years
I truly believe that deserves some sort of punishment, one thing is mocking your rivals and some other thing is... well yeah. That guy, I don't know how he's allowed to still play anywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back