• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Script Help Thread (DO NOT REQUEST SCRIPTS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
Hey, not sure if this is the right place to post this. Correct me if I'm doing something wrong.

So anyway, the problem is that, whenever I make a script, save it as a .rbc, and right click to compile, the '(LOG) Instant' window shows up and does all its usual stuff, but then just stops at the end.

Here is the entire code if it helps any

Code:
#PROCESS: script.rbc F:2 for input
---------------------------------

#OFFSET: 0, 0
3: Code Command - checkflag [2B] 
 -> 43 &h828
attached: "+(" into 0
5: Code Alias
if1 [6] 
 -> 6 1 $done
attached: "!PTR" into 0
- log $done in buffer 0 at byte: 5
7: Code Alias
loadpointer [F] 
 -> 15 &h00 $1
attached: "
- log $1 in buffer 0 at byte: 11
9: Code Command - boxset [9] 
 -> 9 6
attached: "    " into 0
11: Code Command - applymovement [4F] 
 -> 79 &h04 $move
attached: "O
- log $move in buffer 0 at byte: 20
13: Code Command - pausemove [51] 
 -> 81 &h0
attached: "Q
15: Code Command - applymovement [4F] 
 -> 79 &hff $move2
attached: "Oÿ
- log $move2 in buffer 0 at byte: 30
17: Code Command - pause [28] 
 -> 40 &h30
attached: "(0
19: Code Alias
loadpointer [F] 
 -> 15 &h00 $2
attached: "
- log $2 in buffer 0 at byte: 39
21: Code Command - boxset [9] 
 -> 9 6
attached: "    " into 0
23: Code Command - playsound [33] 
 -> 51 &h13E
attached: "3>" into 0
25: Code Command - nop [1] 
 -> 1
attached: "" into 0
27: Code Command - applymovement [4F] 
 -> 79 &h04 $move3
attached: "O
- log $move3 in buffer 0 at byte: 52
29: Code Command - applymovement [4F] 
 -> 79 &hff $move3
attached: "Oÿ
- log $move3 in buffer 0 at byte: 59
31: Code Command - pausemove [51] 
 -> 81 0
attached: "Q
33: Code Command - fadesound [35] 
 -> 53 &h12C
attached: "5," into 0
35: Code Command - nop [1] 
 -> 1
37: Code Command - release [6C] 
 -> 108
attached: "l" into 0
39: Code Command - end [2] 
 -> 2

44: Code Command - release [6C] 
 -> 108
attached: "l" into 0
46: Code Command - end [2] 
 -> 2

51: RAW DATA - raw &h62 &h12 &h12 &h12 &h12 &hFE

56: RAW DATA - raw &h03 &hFE

61: RAW DATA - raw &h13 &h13 &h13 &h13 &hFE

#INLINE: 0, 1
66: Encoding text: 1 1
CODE: ÑÕÕÕÝÝÝÝèèèè«««ÿ
- Into buffer 1

#INLINE: 0, 1
71: Encoding text: 2 1
CODE: Óãé
- Into buffer 1
|
\- Processed 820 Lines

#PROCESS: C:\Users\Dustin\Desktop\script.buf F:2 for write
---------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT BUFFER DROP 10 [NO COMMENT]
DROPPING 7 Pointers
$done at buffer 0 position 5 
$1 at buffer 0 position 11 
$move at buffer 0 position 20 
$move2 at buffer 0 position 30 
$2 at buffer 0 position 39 
$move3 at buffer 0 position 52 
$move3 at buffer 0 position 59 
DROPPING 5 Offsetts
$start at buffer 0 position 0 
$done at buffer 0 position 72 
$move at buffer 0 position 74 
$move2 at buffer 0 position 80 
$move3 at buffer 0 position 82 
DROPPING 2 Offsetts
$1 at buffer 1 position 0 
$2 at buffer 1 position 16 
BUFFER 0 DROP: 87 [+(!PTR
BUFFER 1 DROP: 93 [ÑÕÕÕÝÝÝÝèèèè«««ÿÓãé
|
\- Processed 16 Buffers

|
\- Processed 820 Lines

|
\- Processed 0 Lines
And then, the little bufrite window never pops up. (You know, the one with burn, destination, assign, and all that jazz)

So what I'm asking is if there is any alternative way to get it up, or if I am just missing files/doing something wrong. (Weather it be with the script or with my just being outright stupid.)

Before anyone asks, this is the code I am trying to use. (Although I HAVE tried other scripts and the same problem takes place)

Code:
#org $start
countpokemon
compare LASTRESULT 0x1
if b_true goto $continue
lock
message $1
boxset 6
applymovement 0xFF $move
release
end

#org $1
$1 1 =I better check what's \nin that box...

#org $move
#raw 0x09 0xFE

#org $continue
release
end
Any help is appreciated guys, Thanks!!

You could try an entirely different compiler -- XSE. From the looks of your snippet of code, you're using PokeScript. Correct me if I'm mistaken, but from the little time I was here, I've heard nothing reassuring or at least decent about it. I think it all depends on which you feel comfortable with using, and I can definitely recommend XSE. Just my quick two cents here. I'd wait for a more trustworthy hacker to walk you through.

The_Show

Banned
Years
first off thanks again Nate VonGrimm (think i spelled it right)

So I know there is a "move screen" command where the screen moves but not the player. What is the command name and how do I use it?

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years

So I know there is a "move screen" command where the screen moves but not the player. What is the command name and how do I use it?
From my biography: (yeah, lol, I'm keeping scripts as my biography xD)

Code:
Move camera script
#org @start
lockall
special 0x113
applymovement 0x7F @move
waitmovement 0x0
special 0x114
releaseall
end

#org @move
#raw (these can be any movements as long as it comes back to the user)* * = If the camera moves 3 up, then 2 left, then the camera MUST return to it's orignal postion.

EXPLANATION
The special 0x113 and special 0x114 are the most important part of the script. The script is relying on it, so, no special 0x113 or 0x114's, no Move Camera Scripts.

Lockall
This is almost like the command "lock" except it locks every person on the map.

Special 0x113
This makes the player be frozen. And any other people should be as well.

Applymovement 0x7F @move
Applymovement = Applymovement, but the 7F tells the game we are moving the Camera instead of people. The movements are the same as if you were moving people.

Special 0x114
This releases the 'Special 0x113' if this is not present, then you can't move at all

Releaseall
Kinda like 'release' except it releases all people on the map

Years

You spelt it right and you're welcome =]

And I would answer your question but Ash493 got there first and explained it in better detail then I would have aha

Years
  • Seen Jan 8, 2017
For the guys who helped me last time, thank you! It was actually exactly what I needed. xD
But now I'm having more script trouble, haha.
This event works fairly well, except for two things.

one: for some reason this battle keeps on being a double battle! ive set the trainerbattle's 1st parameter to 0x0,0x1,and 0x2 cause I'm not sure abotu those, and even when I only have one Pokemon it still seems to be a double, and I've made sure all of the A-trainer info is correct. Also, if I just defeat the Pokemon on the right, it says I've won the battle and continues the script.

two: At the end when the opponent is supposed to walk away, off of the screen, but for some reason, she takes her first step, then vanishes. I've traied taking hidesprite off and using #raw 0x60 in the applymovement, ive also tried it the other way around, and when i dont use the hidesprite command, she will take her first movement, then freeze. the game doesnt freeze, just the character.

and on another note, can someone tell me how to put things in spoilers? xD

#dynamic 0x800000
#org @start
checkflag 0x161
if 0x1 goto @done
lock
applymovement 0xFF @approach
waitmovement 0xFF
msgbox @ace 0x6
applymovement 0x0 @notice
waitmovement 0x0
trainerbattle 0x2 0x6 0x3 @challenge @defeat @after

#org @after
msgbox @takeit 0x6
additem 0x04 0xA
fanfare 0x101
msgbox @here 0x6
waitfanfare
setflag 0x161
msgbox @bye 0x6
applymovement 0x0 @leave
applymovement 0xFF @watch
waitmovement 0x0
hidesprite 0x0
release
end

#org @leave
#raw 0x12
#raw 0x11
#raw 0x12
#raw 0x12
#raw 0x11
#raw 0x11
#raw 0x11
#raw 0xFE

#org @watch
#raw 0x02
#raw 0x01
#raw 0xFE

#org @here
= [player] recieved POKEBALLS!

#org @defeat
= ACE: Not too bad for a beginner!

#org @bye
= ACE: Those are POKEBALLS!\nThey're used for catching new\lPOKEMON to join your team!\lI know you'll put them to good\luse!

#org @takeit
= ACE: Haha, not bad!\nYou know, you're one tough\ltrainer!\lI think someone like you could use\lthese!

#org @challenge
= ACE: Hey there! What's your name?\n...\lNice to meet you [player], my name is\lACE!\lI'm a new POKEMON TRAINER from\lFUSCHIA CITY!\lI heard that most people start on\lROUTE 1, so I came here and I\lcaught my first POKEMON!\lWhy don't you see for yourself!

#org @ace
= ACE: Poor flowers...\nHow can you guys grow in this kind\lof weather?

#org @approach
#raw 0x62
#raw 0x18
#raw 0x00
#raw 0x18
#raw 0x10
#raw 0x13
#raw 0x13
#raw 0x13
#raw 0x0
#raw 0xFE

#org @notice
#raw 0x62
#raw 0x01
#raw 0xFE

#org @done
release
end

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 7, 2014
For the guys who helped me last time, thank you! It was actually exactly what I needed. xD
But now I'm having more script trouble, haha.
This event works fairly well, except for two things.

one: for some reason this battle keeps on being a double battle! ive set the trainerbattle's 1st parameter to 0x0,0x1,and 0x2 cause I'm not sure abotu those, and even when I only have one Pokemon it still seems to be a double, and I've made sure all of the A-trainer info is correct. Also, if I just defeat the Pokemon on the right, it says I've won the battle and continues the script.

two: At the end when the opponent is supposed to walk away, off of the screen, but for some reason, she takes her first step, then vanishes. I've traied taking hidesprite off and using #raw 0x60 in the applymovement, ive also tried it the other way around, and when i dont use the hidesprite command, she will take her first movement, then freeze. the game doesnt freeze, just the character.

and on another note, can someone tell me how to put things in spoilers? xD
Spoiler:
Put an "end" after the trainerbattle line.
Give a Person ID to the person you're battling, which is a flag so make sure you set it appropriately, and put setflag 0x[p.id] after the hidesprite line in the script. This will permanently hide that character rather than them reappearing. I don't know much about the player stuff, but I think 0xFF should be changed to MOVE_PLAYER. Oh, you could also set the Person ID to the flag you already have in the script, to make things more efficient.

trainerbattle 0x0 is a simple battle with just challenge and defeat text, then the battle ends.
trainerbattle 0x0 0xTR 0x0 @intro @defeat
trainerbattle 0x1 continues to a script after defeat. You go to PokeCenter if you lose; after text doesn't show until you beat him.
trainerbattle 0x1 0xTR 0x0 @intro @defeat @afterbattle
trainerbattle 0x2 does the same as 0x1, but I don't know if there are any other differences.
trainerbattle 0x1 0xTR 0x0 @intro @defeat @afterbattle
trainerbattle 0x3 only has defeat text, but the script continues afterwards. It doesn't require an address to another part of the script, it just continues to the next line.
trainerbattle 0x3 0xTR 0x0 @defeat
trainerbattle 0x4 same as 0x2. Used in double battles, but might not require two Pokemon. I'm really not sure.
trainerbattle 0x5 used for rebattles with V.S. Seeker. Uses same format as 0x0.
trainerbattle 0x6 ????
trainerbattle 0x7 same as 0x4
trainerbattle 0x8 ????
trainerbattle 0x9 This one has text for if you win and if the foe wins.
trainerbattle 0x9 0xTR 0x0 @youwin @hewins

Also, try using a different trainer for everything; trainer #0x6 might be glitched for you.

Years
  • Seen May 1, 2022
Nothing Seems to Work

I was having trouble with scripting, so i got some help. This other person made a script that works perfectly for them. No problems occurred in the rom we were working on for him. But when i run the rom stuff goes wrong. The scrip that was made (which is only supposed to occur once) occurs twice for me. Multiple times I tried and I can do the script twice over, no more, no less. Also when I go to other maps (like from a town to a route) everything goes weird, it will show random sprites and building pieces that I did not put there, this has always happened, on any rom I change. I downloaded Amap 1.92 (i was having worse problems with 1.95) from this site.

Does anyone know how I can fix these problems? It is making it near impossible to make a rom hack.

Years
Script Help Needed badly!

Hey I need help with this script im working on. It seems like there shouldn't be any problems. It compiles fine but when I step on the square that has the script event nothing happens. But when I walk back onto without exciting the room my game freezes up and I can't do anything. I know my rom isn't corrupted because every othe script works fine but this one. Here is my script (I am using XSE and Pokemon Ruby)
Spoiler:

tajaros

Hi I'm dawg
Years
Hey I need help with this script im working on. It seems like there shouldn't be any problems. It compiles fine but when I step on the square that has the script event nothing happens. But when I walk back onto without exciting the room my game freezes up and I can't do anything. I know my rom isn't corrupted because every othe script works fine but this one. Here is my script (I am using XSE and Pokemon Ruby)
Spoiler:

Let me guess, you placed the script box in front of the door right after you warped right? Well everything seems fine but, did you placed a setvar in the scriptbox? If you haven't then input something, and for future scripting it will be much nicer if you input spaces in every pointer... :)

Here's the much better looking script... :)
#dynamic 0x1C6DE5
#org @start
checkflag 0x201
if 0x01 goto @done
applymovement 0x00 @move
waitmovement 0x0
msgbox @1 0x6
trainerbattle 0x0 0x2B6 0x0 @intro @defeat
applymovement 0x0 @move2
msgbox @3 0x6
applymovement 0x1 @move4
waitmovement 0x0
msgbox @2 0x6
applymovement 0x0 @move5
waitmovement 0x0
msgbox @4 0x6
setflag 0x201
release
end

#org @done
release
end

#org @move
#raw 0x02
#raw 0x56
#raw 0x00
#raw 0x08
#raw 0x02
#raw 0x0A
#raw 0x0A
#raw 0x0A
#raw 0x0A
#raw 0x0A
#raw 0x0A
#raw 0x01
#raw 0xFE

#org @move2
#raw 0x56
#raw 0x15
#raw 0x15
#raw 0x15
#raw 0xFE

#org @move4
#raw 0x56
#raw 0x01
#raw 0x16
#raw 0x16
#raw 0x02
#raw 0x17
#raw 0x17
#raw 0x17
#raw 0x01
#raw 0xFE

#org @move5
#raw 0x09
#raw 0x09
#raw 0x09
#raw 0xFE

#org @1
= WHO ARE YOU AND WHAT ARE YOU DOING\nIN MY ROOM!?\pPOLYGON GO!!

#org @2
= FELIX: Hold on a minute there\nbuddy!\pMove one step and I will have\nmy Baltoy personaly drag you down\lto the police station!\pNow everybody just calm down!\nWho are you?\land where did you come from?\pWAIT WHAT??\pOh my goodness we are soo sorry!\pPaige!!\pThis is our new neighbor who just\nmoved here!

#org @3
= FELIX DO SOMETHING!!!

#org @4
= PAIGE: I am very sorry! I didn't\nmean to make a scene.\pLet me introduce myself properly.\nMy name is PAIGE and this is my\lbrother FELIX.\pWe are both Pokemon Trianers\nourselves.\pYou see we already have our\nPokemon. We got them yesterday\lfrom the Professer.\pMy is obviously a Porygon as you\nsaw.\pAnd my brother has a Baltoy.\pWe have been training hard because\nwe are going to get all 8 Gym\lBadges and take on the Pokemon\lLeague!\pBefore you came we were actually\ngetting ready to set off on our\ljourney.\pWait! I know! How about we have a\nlittle competition!\pWhoever get's the first badge\nbefore the other wins!\pSo as you see there is no time to\nloose!\pCome on FELIX let's get there\nfirst!\pBye!\nI'll see you soon!

#org @intro
= I DON"T KNOW WHAT YOU ARE DOING\nHERE BUT IM CALLING THE COPS\lAFTER THIS BATTLE!!

#org @defeat
= HOW DID I LOOSE TO A CRIMINAL LIKE\nYOU?!?!?

Also if you wan't the script to happen instantly when you warped to the place use a level script instead of a script box... :)

Years
Thanks and ya I put the script box right outside the door. Is that a bad thing? Oh and about the setvar thing i don't really get how to use them so if you can explain or put one in there for me it would be great. One more thing what is the difference between a level script and a regular script?

Years
  • Seen Feb 13, 2016
Hello. I'm having a problem with the below script. It is meant to stop the player, have a sprite walk over to him and tell him one message if he hasn't already stepped on the script, and another if he has stepped on it once before. Then the sprite is supposed to walk back to his original position and turn around. It works fine until the last part, where the sprite will walk back two spaces instead of the three that he needs to in order to return to his position and he won't turn around. I'm using Pokemon FireRed and XSE.

Code:
//---------------
#org 0x801E24
applymovement 0x3 0x8801F96
applymovement MOVE_PLAYER 0x8801F9B
waitmovement 0x0
compare 0x4002 0x1
if 0x1 call 0x8801E6F
compare 0x4002 0x1
if 0x0 call 0x8801E5F
applymovement 0x3 0x8801F9E
applymovement MOVE_PLAYER 0x8801FA4
waitmovement 0x0
release
end

//---------------
#org 0x801E6F
msgbox 0x8801F76 MSG_KEEPOPEN //"You heard me! Oak's Lab, now!"
return

//---------------
#org 0x801E5F
msgbox 0x8801E7A MSG_KEEPOPEN //"Shhhh! Don't say anything.\nPreten..."
waitmsg
setvar 0x4002 0x1
return

//---------
// Strings
//---------
#org 0x801F76
= You heard me! Oak's Lab, now!

#org 0x801E7A
= Shhhh! Don't say anything.\nPretend we're having a harmless\lconversation. I'm undercover,\lhiding from Team Rocket. You're\lprobably wondering how you know\lyou can trust me. You can't. Just\lgo to the lab before you go to\lViridian, Oak needs to see you.

//-----------
// Movements
//-----------
#org 0x801F96
#raw 0x12 //Step Left (Normal)
#raw 0xFE //End of Movements

#org 0x801F9B
#raw 0x3 //Face Right

#org 0x801F9E
#raw 0x13 //Step Right (Normal)
#raw 0x2 //Face Left

#org 0x801FA4
#raw 0x10 //Step Down (Normal)

Last edited:

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
Thanks and ya I put the script box right outside the door. Is that a bad thing?
Of course. Because player would need to return to that exact spot to activate the script.

One more thing what is the difference between a level script and a regular script?
Level script is the only possibility how to activate script right after player steps out of the door.
I'm not using the definition with "right after player walks to another map" because in routes you can simulate level script with normal tile script.

Years
oh ok so if i am using a level script i wouldn't need the script event little green box right? I just set my regular script as the level script instead?

Years
ok I am still kind of confused. I don't really understand setvar and don't know how to use it. If I do use it to I have to take out check flag and setflag? And will this event only happen once right?

tajaros

Hi I'm dawg
Years
ok I am still kind of confused. I don't really understand setvar and don't know how to use it. If I do use it to I have to take out check flag and setflag? And will this event only happen once right?

Ok so you already used a checkflag in your script right?, then you don't need to input a setvar in your script unless your going to do a Level Script... :)

Ok this is what you have to do... :)
In A-map click on the script box where your script is there's a textbox there that says variable if you haven't put anything on it it should have $0000, then change that number to maybe 3500, (I don't know if this variable is safe but try it out! xD) After that save and test it out, if nothing happens when you walk on the script box then change the 3500, then test it out again... :)

For level scripts uhhh, it's really hard to explain but now you have to include the setvar in your script, maybe read some scripting tutorials it would help you a lot... :)

Years
Ok so you already used a checkflag in your script right?, then you don't need to input a setvar in your script unless your going to do a Level Script... :)

In A-map click on the script box where your script is there's a textbox there that says variable if you haven't put anything on it it should have $0000, then change that number to maybe 3500, (I don't know if this variable is safe but try it out! xD) After that save and test it out, if nothing happens when you walk on the script box then change the 3500, then test it out again... :)

For level scripts uhhh, it's really hard to explain but now you have to include the setvar in your script, maybe read some scripting tutorials it would help you a lot... :)

But i don't understand if I have both setflag and checkflag in my script already then where do I include my setvar?

Can you actually fix up my script with using the setvar to make it a level script? So basically what i am asking is if you can use my script and include the setvar and fix my script up or something then tell me how to put it into my game as a level script?
Code:
#dynamic 0x1C6DE5
#org @start
checkflag 0x201
if 0x1 goto @done
applymovement 0x01 @move
waitmovement 0x0
msgbox @1 0x6 
trainerbattle 0x0 0x2B6 0x0 @intro @defeat
applymovement 0x1 @move2
msgbox @3 0x6
applymovement 0x2 @move4
waitmovement 0x0
msgbox @2 0x6
applymovement 0x1 @move5
waitmovement 0x0
msgbox @4 0x6
setflag 0x201
release
end
#org @done
release
end
#org @move
#raw 0x02
#raw 0x56
#raw 0x00
#raw 0x08
#raw 0x02
#raw 0x0A
#raw 0x0A
#raw 0x0A
#raw 0x0A
#raw 0x0A
#raw 0x0A
#raw 0x01
#raw 0xFE
#org @move2
#raw 0x56
#raw 0x00
#raw 0x08
#raw 0x08
#raw 0x08
#raw 0x01
#raw 0xFE
#org @move4
#raw 0x56
#raw 0x01
#raw 0x16
#raw 0x16
#raw 0x02
#raw 0x17 
#raw 0x17 
#raw 0x17 
#raw 0x01
#raw 0xFE
#org @move5
#raw 0x09 
#raw 0x09 
#raw 0x09 
#raw 0xFE
#org @1
= WHO ARE YOU AND WHAT ARE YOU DOING\nIN MY ROOM!?\pPORYGON GO!!
#org @2
= FELIX: Hold on a minute there\nbuddy!\pMove one step and I will have\nmy Baltoy personaly drag you down\lto the police station!\pNow everybody just calm down!\nWho are you?\land where did you come from?\pWAIT WHAT??\pOh my goodness we are soo sorry!\pPaige!!\pThis is our new neighbor who just\nmoved here!\p
#org @3
= FELIX DO SOMETHING!!!
#org @4
= PAIGE: I am very sorry! I didn't\nmean to make a scene.\pLet me introduce myself properly.\nMy name is PAIGE and this is my\lbrother FELIX.\pWe are both Pokemon Trianers\nourselves.\pYou see we already have our\nPokemon. We got them yesterday\lfrom the Professer.\pMy is obviously a Porygon as you\nsaw.\pAnd my brother has a Baltoy.\pWe have been training hard because\nwe are going to get all 8 Gym\lBadges and take on the Pokemon\lLeague!\pBefore you came we were actually\ngetting ready to set off on our\ljourney.\pWait! I know! How about we have a\nlittle competition!\pWhoever get's the first badge\nbefore the other wins!\pSo as you see there is no time to\nloose!\pCome on FELIX let's get there\nfirst!\pBye!\nI'll see you soon!
#org @intro
= I DON"T KNOW WHAT YOU ARE DOING\nHERE BUT IM CALLING THE COPS\lAFTER THIS BATTLE!!
#org @defeat
= HOW DID I LOOSE TO A CRIMINAL LIKE\nYOU?!?!?

Besides my other question which I still don't understand :P

I have one more small simple question. In my othe script (level script) once the script finishes and the guy disapears (like he is supposed to) when I go into a new town, route, etc. in game and come back the guy is standing back in his original spot. To make it simple. Once he disapears and I leave the town and come back he comes back into the map when he is supposed to be gone for ever. Here is my script.

Code:
#dynamic 0x800000
#org @start
setvar 0x4033 0x1
applymovement 0x3 @move
waitmovement 0x0
msgbox @1 0x6
applymovement 0x3 @move2
applymovement 0xFF @move2
waitmovement 0x0
msgbox @2 0x6
applymovement 0x3 @move3
applymovement 0xFF @move3
waitmovement 0x0
msgbox @3 0x6
applymovement 0x3 @move4
applymovement 0xFF @move4
waitmovement 0x0
msgbox @4 0x6
applymovement 0x3 @move5
waitmovement 0x0
msgbox @5 0x6
applymovement 0x3 @move6
waitmovement 0x0
hidesprite 0x03
release
end
#org @move
#raw 0x08
#raw 0x08
#raw 0xFE
#org @move2
#raw 0x01
#raw 0x03
#raw 0x0B
#raw 0x0B
#raw 0x0B
#raw 0x0B
#raw 0x0B
#raw 0x01
#raw 0xFE
#org @move3
#raw 0x02
#raw 0x0A 
#raw 0x0A 
#raw 0x0A 
#raw 0x0A 
#raw 0x0A 
#raw 0x0A 
#raw 0x0A 
#raw 0x0A 
#raw 0x01
#raw 0x09 
#raw 0x09 
#raw 0x09 
#raw 0x09 
#raw 0x09 
#raw 0x02
#raw 0x0A
#raw 0x0A
#raw 0x0A
#raw 0x01
#raw 0x09
#raw 0x09 
#raw 0x09 
#raw 0x01
#raw 0xFE
#org @move4
#raw 0x03
#raw 0x0B
#raw 0x0B
#raw 0x0B
#raw 0x0B
#raw 0x0B
#raw 0x01
#raw 0x09
#raw 0x09
#raw 0x09
#raw 0x09
#raw 0x09
#raw 0x09
#raw 0x03
#raw 0x0B 
#raw 0x0B 
#raw 0x0B 
#raw 0x00
#raw 0x08 
#raw 0x08 
#raw 0x08 
#raw 0x08 
#raw 0x03
#raw 0x0B
#raw 0x0B
#raw 0x01
#raw 0xFE
#org @move5
#raw 0x56
#raw 0x02
#raw 0xFE
#org @move6
#raw 0x02
#raw 0x17
#raw 0x17
#raw 0x17
#raw 0x01
#raw 0x16
#raw 0x16
#raw 0x02
#raw 0x17
#raw 0x17
#raw 0x17
#raw 0x00
#raw 0x15
#raw 0x15
#raw 0x15
#raw 0x15
#raw 0x02
#raw 0x17 
#raw 0x17 
#raw 0x17 
#raw 0x17 
#raw 0x17 
#raw 0x17 
#raw 0x17 
#raw 0x17 
#raw 0xFE
#org @1
= [PLAYER]! It's me dad!\pBefore you say anything abut my\nhair! The hair dresser screwed up\land gave me this emo cut!\pAnyway, i'm back! It is so nice to\nsee you [PLAYER]!\pI don't have much time but let me\nshow you around a little bit!\pFollow me.
#org @2 
= This in front of us is the\nPokemart.\pIn here you can buy and sell\nthings.\pThere is one of theese in almost\nevery town, city, or villige.
#org @3 
= This is the Pokemon Center.\pHere you can heal up all of your\ntired or fainted Pokemon back to\lfull health.\pIn the upstairs part of the\nPokemon center you can trade and\lconnect with people world wide!
#org @4 
= Right in front of us is a Pokemon\nGym.\pGym's consit of trainers that you\nmust battle to challenge the Gym\lLeader.\pThe Gym leader is a very powerful\ntrainer.\pEach gym usses a different type.\pFor example a ggym might only use\nFighting types.\pOr a gym might use all electric\ntypes.\pWhen you beat a gym leader they\nwill usually give you a new TM.\lAnd shall always give you a badge\lto show you beat them.\pWhen you get all 8 badges you can\nenter the Pokemon League.\pThere you can battle the Elite 4\nand the champion.\pThey are the strongest trainers in\nall of the Arorian Region.\pIf you can beat the Elite 4 and\nthe champion without losing all\lyour Pokemon then your are truely\lthe Pokemon champion.
#org @5
= Will you look at the time! I got\nto hurry. I am not going back to\lmy gym yet but I have to go visit\lsomeone.\pBye [PLAYER]!\nI'll see you later!

Most of the script is jus movements.

Last edited:

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
But i don't understand if I have both setflag and checkflag in my script already then where do I include my setvar?
Whenever you want. Because we, scripters, are lazy (every programmer is) we just put it at the beginning so we don't need to care about it anymore.

I have one more small simple question. In my othe script (level script) once the script finishes and the guy disapears (like he is supposed to) when I go into a new town, route, etc. in game and come back the guy is standing back in his original spot. To make it simple. Once he disapears and I leave the town and come back he comes back into the map when he is supposed to be gone for ever. Here is my script.
Because you forgot to set the flag.

Years
Whenever you want. Because we, scripters, are lazy (every programmer is) we just put it at the beginning so we don't need to care about it anymore.

Because you forgot to set the flag.

So if I set the flag I wouldn't need a checkflag because it is a level script it will only happen once right? Oh and with the other script it works but it repeats the same parts like 2 in a row sometimes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back