• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] ~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

Years
  • Age 34
  • UK
  • Seen Mar 26, 2013
DDD'SSCEPTILE said:
I wasn't planning on taking the advice. :D This is the first time I have gained so much praise over it. You are all really giving me a ton of needed self-esteem. -^_^-;
Thanks for the welcoming. I'm now doing what I said I was going to do: trying to hatch Shiny Cacnea. I don't see how that one guy has 12 Shinies... but I guess it's possible, if you are very, very lucky.
-DDD

Lol MM isn't lucky he just has no life =P just kidding
Well welcome to the club DDD finally we may get some decent posts and something to discuss rather than all the mindless blabber =P

Well im still fending off the Bellsprouts/Weepinbells while EV training teh Shiny Raticate... its getting boring lol but i shall press on so i can get back to real hunting.

Ichigo Flash

Box-kun
Years
Had no play time all weekend, been out and about and enjoying the nice weather :)
Back to work tonight though, gonna get some more soft resets in my Saph and have a few on Porygon on FR.

And welcome DDD, nice to see someone who can keep the nice posts coming in :)

Psyke

sings Unown music on the bus.
Years
  • Seen Jul 17, 2006
Well no luck with the sudowooodo yet, but i'm gonna keep trying becauss i'm not going anywhere without the shiny sudowoodo and iv'e done everything else i can elswhere so i HAVE to get it

Doopliss

(+) Sirena Beach
Years
Hello, I am Doopliss.

I wish to join.

Nice to meet you all.

I enjoy shiny hunting though I have no shinies of my own.. I have caught a gold magikarp and have seen a golduck on my old Gold version but I have read in the past pages that Pokemon from GSC do not count. Over the past months I have been hunting for Pokemon you can soft reset for since I consider it easiest. I intend to hunt for a Treecko because their color looks very interesting. On my FireRed I am hunting for a Mewtwo.

I am at 23 resets.

Years
May I be the first to welcome you to the club, Doopliss. You're in!

Keeping with my plan, I've reset for another Trainer ID on Emerald: 39665. 41134 is no more. I'm at ~3626 Treeckos.

Brit Lucifer

Phantasmagorical!
Years
  • Seen Jan 2, 2007
Hi, can I join the club? I don't have any shinies yet :( , but im working on it.
thanks

Brit Lucifer

Phantasmagorical!
Years
  • Seen Jan 2, 2007
Thank you :)
quick question: for getting shiney starters can i SR next to birch's bag and just enter the battle with poochyena, or would i have to keep starting a new game?

DDD'SSCEPTILE

GekkouKitsune : Shiny Master
Years
Yep. My main problem is that I quit too easily and try to do something else in the game to speed up the process. But it doesn't do a thing. I just switch out my breeder Pokemon... I've went through like 100 eggs of Skarmory, Cacnea, Vulpix, Ponyta, Venonat, Swablu, and so many more. It's insane. All my luck is in poker. :(

I got Pokemon Emerald today, but my main focus is on FR: Battling Wild Pokemon to bring up Shiny Ninetails' level. That way, well, I'm shiny hunting at the same time! :P
I don't know what to put in my FR Daycare though. I don't really need the Ponyta and female Ninetails anymore, since I have what I wanted (except the hatchlings know Hypnosis. I have TONS of them....).
What I was going to do (I remember now) was bring up my traded Colosseum Gligar to Level 52, that way I can decline to the learning of Guillotine (or however you spell it), and then put it in the daycare with one of my Dittos, and see if I can obtain a blue Gligar.
Why?
I never see ANYONE with a Gligar. It's like, one of THE most overlooked Pokemon. Well, that's just what I think, but... The blue coloring would be nice to have. Just another way of thinking it. I've never really trained a Gligar, but I like them alot. When I was trying the Colosseum one out (brung it's level up to 45 I think), I enjoyed using it with it's high defense and attack, along with Sand Attack, the occasional Poison Sting to poison the opponent, and... I don't use Faint Attack because of it's super low Special Attack. So, if you aren't asleep by now, I would mainly use it for strong non-special attacks, and do like I do with the Ninetails, "Abort" when a specific Pokemon comes up. The Ninetails' Defense is kinda low, and I always dread when somebody uses Slash or whatnot.

On Sapphire, I've hatched about 40 more eggs since I last mentioned it. No luck. (Bet you didn't see THAT coming...... :( )

On Emerald, I'm in the first forest, and I've got extra PokeBalls just in case I run upon one. It's most certainly a possibility.

I have to ask a question.

What does your Trainer ID have to do with the Shiny hunting? Does it somehow increase or decrease your chances, or did your boxes just fill up? Or did you just get tired and wanted to refresh the game?

-DDD

Brit Lucifer

Phantasmagorical!
Years
  • Seen Jan 2, 2007
I think that the trainer ID generates a few of the numbers in the shiny-making equation...but i could be wrong ;)

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Oct 15, 2012
brit lucifer said:
I think that the trainer ID generates a few of the numbers in the shiny-making equation...but i could be wrong
That's the theory at least!
Well! Wow... we have like 3 new members since my last post? This is great! Welcome to the best club in all of PC - we're all like big, dorky, obsessive family here - I hope you all will fit in well; based on what I've seen thus far we shouldn't have any problems.

I added DDD to my AIM buddy list and would be glad to chat it up with any of the new (or old for that matter) hunters. rsgh5 - I live on AIM.

I haven't hunted too much today, but I'll definatly get on it this evening when I'm watching a movie or TV or whatever mindless activity comes up.

Happy hunting!

Edit: New members - head over to the SHCard request thread if you'd like one of the exciting cards featured in most of our signatures. Here's a link!

King Kobra

Shiny Giratina pwns you
Years
Yay, Haunter Master and MM are on! Hi people!

Anyways, I haven't hunted much, I've been going to parties and over friends houses too much to get any real hunting done. I'm going to try for 1300 tonight. I'm at 1040. Scyther is looking less and less cool every time I see it, and every time I see an Adamant, Naughty, or Lonely Male, I almost yell at it to be Shiny. Adamant seems to have the highest IVs for Scyther, so I'm hoping for a Male Adamant Shiny (that'll require TONS of luck).

Yeah, so I might not go to the river like I thought I would, I'm almost happy. I'll still have time to Shiny Hunt if I don't go. Well, good luck on all of the hunts and I'm rooting for Lady Darkmoon and Shido in the Absol Race *cheers*.

Goodnight Hunters, and welcome Night Hunters!

<I>Kobra<I>

Lady Demoonica Darkmoon

Shiny Hunters Club Co-Owner
Years
I hunted in LG today bringing my Minun from mid-seventys to level 100, and then my Altaria from 35 to 50-something, no shiny Vulpix.

Welcome to all new menbers! Good luck hunting!

KK, thank you for rooting for shido and me. (So far this time around, 106 Absol eggs hatched.)

It's Just Fufu

Nostalgia is powerful.
Years
Guess what guys? I caught shiny Eevee!!! Okay. I was in D'MoneyBoi's room(again) and i got it. I wasn't thinking about it at ALL. And it just popped up. It was late when I got it, and he was asleep, so he didn't care too much. I think I got it at 1:40 AM(EST) Careful nature

Average IVs:

HP 24
12 Atk
22 Def
20 SAtk
30 SDef
24 Spd...lol, at first, I put this as SDef too out of sheer excitement.
Perfect for Umbreon. Too bad Umbreon need egg moves to work. I think i should make it an Umbreon, or a Jolteon. What should I evolve it into?

Last edited:
Back