• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen What did you think about the Pokewalker?

Years
  • Seen Sep 18, 2020
A nice incentive to leave the house. I still feel like I should've used it more, and should continue to use it... there's just nowhere local that I like walking around.

I got a Pokewalker with my SoulSilver. However I never used it.

I know the Pokewalker has no effect on gameplay so I didn't even bother using it.
You can get certain monsters you may not be able to otherwise and according to an earlier poster the same for berries; those can affect gameplay..?

don't your pokemon level up when you walk?

like a daycare?
1EXP per step to a maximum (per walk) of whatever it takes to reach one level up.

drpoplove

Super Saiyan and Stuff
Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2012
I thought it was fun little gimmick but I stopped using it pretty quickly.

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
Years
Having never owned neither Heartgold or Soulsiver, I obviously haven't tried it out, however I do think it's a nice and original idea. Gaining exp and rewards from simply walking around is a great way of encouraging kids and people of any age really to go for a walk every now and then, and in a way you're kinda playing the games without having to sit down somewhere to do it. I don't know to which extent I'd have used this feature, however as it seems, the rewards weren't very good, so that may have been something they should've improved a bit :p

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
I actually used it a fair bit after I bought SoulSilver. It didn't incentivise me to walk more than I usually did, and I made sure that I kept it hidden somewhere that no one could ever see it, but for a week or two it was actually kinda cool. I think I got some items out of it that I ordinarilly wouldn't have done, and maybe levelled up a few critters. In time, however, its gimmicky nature became more apparent; I stopped putting it in my pocket and walking around, and just stuck to the main game. It was a nice accessory, but that's all it really is, when push comes to shove.

Aera

The samurai.
Years
Used to use it a lot for training purposes. After a while, though, like what the OP said, I somehow lost it when I was riding my bike with it. Didn't bother me too much and I only cared about the little Togekiss that I thought would be lost forever. xD

Sandshrew4

Also known as Sandwich
Years
I loved the pokewalker. I dont know why but i did. I brought it to school every day for a long time. Then i lost it :( i bet you guys will never guess what pokemon was on there the most...

Back