• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Fake Card Tutorials

QFred

Behold...
Years
Evolution Icon Placement Tutorial

This tutorial is for fakers that have some problems at placing the evolution icon. It's designed for Photoshop (version 6 up, I believe), but I'm very sure it also works on Paint Shop Pro...

For it you'll need a Pic, a Stage 1 or 2 blank and the Evo Icons, d'uh!

First, select this tool, the Eliptical Marquee
002.jpg

Second, make an elipse around the evo icon placer, with a good leap (sp?)!
001.jpg

Third, go to Layer > New > Layer From Background
003.jpg

Fourth, with the Square/Rectangle Marquee Tool, on Layer 0 (the one that was your Background), take the white part where is suppose to place the pic!
004.jpg

Fifth, deselect, it will make things easer, I assure you!

Sixth, place the Evo Icon, above the Layer 1.

Seventh, zoom at 500% and select the Eliptical Marquee. Make a rigorous circle. Inverse the selection.
005.jpg
006.jpg

You will end with some thing like this, but using the details you prefer (pic, blank, evo icon, d'uh!).
007.jpg

Using that as a beginning you can make better Stage 1 or 2 Pok?mon cards!

Hope you like it and use it!

Last edited:

Gokey Shuckle

Bisexual and Proud
Years
Hmmm....This seems like more of a tutorial to get your pic beind the evo circle. The way I do it, I just drag and drop the evo icon on the evo circle and leave it at that. Then, with the eraser tool, I just erase enough so the pic can go around the evo circle. I will sticky this for those who may want to do it your way.

Cursed

Godking Ragnarok CXVII
Years
Fake cards aren't just fake versions of real cards, they're also custom, which means you can have an uber-powerful, one-of-a-kind card that you have the satisfaction of knowing that you made it yourself.
Oh, and is there a tutorial for making fake special energy cards?

mewtwo-EX

The original EX
Years
It also depends on what you're trying to do. If you have all the parts and its a matter of putting different attacks on a card, then it shouldn't take too long. But if you want to make each design, digitally cut out each part, and thus create a card that is completely custom, it can take hours, even days.

Similar example: I designed all the TCards I make. Designing and making it useable takes at least an afternoon. Usually 2 days to get the kinks out. After its made though, I can change text and pictures in a matter of minutes.

Minorthreat0987

Pokemon Tellurium
Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2021
sorry if this is bumping but where can i get gill sans because the link that shadow(ithink) posted doent work nemore its and empty file so could some one please post it?

shadow_bind

Feeling empty?
Years
Special Energy Card Tutorial

Sorry for the long delay - better late than never though :P. This tutorial covers just about everything, fom the placing of the text to the card art now :).

Some important notes: This Special Energy Card Tutorial is adapted for Photoshop 6 and up. Of course, this tutorial may not necessarily be 100% correct - I could be wrong. As for the Special Energy card blank, there isn't anywhere else to get it other than Pokebeach. To access the link, click here and scroll down until you see the link to the Special Energy card blank. Also, all fonts are the standard fonts used for making other fake cards.

All ready? Then let's begin!

Before we start, we'll need to change the foreground colour to white, since all text will be white in colour. To do this, hit D on your keyboard to select default colours, and then hit X to switch Foreground and Background colours. You toolbar should look something like this:

Figure1.jpg

Figure 1

First, we'll start with the name. The name uses Gill Sans MT Bold, size 20 at 100% width. Put it 5 pixels from the top of the black line and 2 pixels on the right from the left edge of the black line.

Figure2.jpg

Figure 2

For the text 'Special Energy card' (to the right of the Energy card's name), use Gill Sans MT Regular, size 14 at 96% width. Place it 2 pixels on the right from the left edge of the black line. Put it 5 pixels above the black line.

Figure3.jpg

Figure 3

Things get a little complicated here. For the Energy's effect, draw a text box by drag-clicking to create a box. Align the box so that it is exactly the width of the black line. The text box should be about 5 pixels below the line. Open up the Paragraph window, and click 'Justify last left'. (If you can't see the window, click 'Window' on your menu and select 'Show Paragraph'.)

Figure4.jpg

Figure 4

For the text, use Gill Sans MT Regular, at 96% width. Your text can range between the size of 11 and 15. Set the leading (the distance between two lines) 1 point bigger than your font. (For example, if your font is size 12, then your leading should be 13.)

Figure5.jpg

Figure 5

The final parts are similar to Fangking's tutorial for Pokémon cards. The 9-digit ID is placed 15 pixels from the right of the yellow border, and its bottom should be aligned with the Nintendo copyright. Use Futura LT Medium Regular, size 7 at 89% width.

Figure6.jpg

Figure 6

The rarity symbol goes about 25 pixels from the left of the yellow border. Put the card number 3 pixels to the left of the rarity. For the card number, use Futura LT Medium Bold Italic, size 7 at 89% width. Align the bottom of the card number with the Nintendo copyright, then shift the rarity symbol 1 pixel up from the bottom of the card number. The set symbol should go roughly somewhere between the rarity symbol and the yellow border.

Finally, for the illustrator, use Futura LT Medium Italic, size 7 at 100% width. It should be aligned to the left edge of the black line. Put it about 23 pixels from the top of the yellow border.

Figure7.jpg

Figure 7

And that's about all for the text part. Easy, wasn't it :)?

Now, if you can't make an authentic-looking Special Energy card if you don't have authentic looking art now, would you? Here's a basic tutorial on how to create your very own Special Energy art from scratch:

Art Tutorial

The tutorial also covers some other things that I missed out earlier. To download it, just click 'Download to Desktop'. You'll need Winzip to open the files though :).

That is all for my very basic Special Energy card tutorial. I hope you've found it useful :P
If you have any questions, feel free to PM me and I will try to help you...just don't expect a reply too soon OK :P?

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Nov 28, 2007
Hey, thank you very much for the tutorial Shadow Bind. I've already had good luck following it. But I wondered if you know of any source for the bits that are needed to make energy cards, namely the big and little energy simbols, especially the basic ones, and the ones from multi, and other special energy? Should I scan those myself?

shadow_bind

Feeling empty?
Years
I've now updated the tutorial with another tutorial on how to create art for the Special Energy card. After all, I shouldn't be stingy with what I know, right :P? Take note that the tutorial is long. I can't help it, I'm very wordy...

And now the tutorial is complete! Could someone please sticky it?

P.S. Before I forget, here is the final card. Get ready to have a have a blast with some
Explosive Energy!

Back