• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Team X *Cough*Recruiting*Cough*

Xilfer

Just won't die.
Years
teamxbanner.png

Intro

Hello, one and all. Welcome to Team X, a hacking team for professionals and newbies alike. In Team X, we strive to make some of the best hacks possible, if not better. Our goal is to make Pokemon hacks that are original and fun to play, as well as graphically beautiful and have an engaging storyline. It doesn't matter if you're new to the hacking business or a hacking pro with years of experience, this team is open to anyone.

Hacks

Pokemon ? Version

Right now, our only hack is called Pokemon ? Version. Pokemon ? will be an interesting hack, and features MissingNo. as its mascot and main villain. The game will not follow the traditional Pokemon journey template, (Starter from professor named after a tree, Eight badges, an evil team, Pokemon league, become the champion, etc.) in order to make it seem less like a cardboard cutout of a game. Gyms will literally be non-existent, so badges will be earned through different means, and will often have to be searched for in order to be obtained. In addition, the player character will actually become defined as a person. They will be able to speak to people, will have a definable personality of their own, and will develop as a character throughout the game.

The maps for the game will be heavily changed, with new tiles and layouts for each and every single one. Pokemon ? will look as little as possible like Pokemon Ruby. All Pokemon sprites will be changed to their BW versions. There will also be at least twenty new, well-sprited fakemon, including fake evolutions for some Pokemon, and all Gen IV evolutions will be added. Pokemon ? will feature many new scripts, and many overworlds will be customized. In general: an entirely new game.

The region in which this game takes place is named Ragnarok, a country in turmoil. Since the great Pokemon War of Ragnarok, the region was split up into six different sectors. Each of these sectors will be based on a real life country (England, France, Egypt, USA, Japan, China) and will each contain three urban areas. (One town, two cities) The people found in each sector will represent the lifestyle and culture of that sector's real-life counterpart. Their names are as follows:

England: Bryten
France: Frencia
Egypt: Giza
USA: Emarica
Japan: Risisun
China: Xia
(Names are susceptible to change)

The game begins in Risisun, as a dedication to Pokemon's Japanese roots.

Storyline

Here is a summary of Pokemon ?'s story so far:

Spoiler:

Joining

Form

Nickname: (Don't know why this is necessary)
Skills: (What are your main skills as a hacker? What can you do?)
Proof: (How do I know what you say is true? Show some proof of your work. A simple screenshot will do)
Previous Hacks: (If you've worked on any other hacks before, you can put them here. Don't worry if you haven't)
Time Zone: (What time zone are you in? This will help me know when to contact you, and when you'll be available)
Activity: (How often can you be on to help with the hack? How much time can you donate from your busy lives to my little projects?)

Required Talent

These are the kinds of recruits we need to accomplish our goals. If your talents are somewhere on this list, you should think about joining! :)

• Scripter (x2)
  • Mapper (x1)
  • Spriter (x2)
  • Tileset Maker (x1)

Our Team

Xilfer123 - Storyliner / Grand Master Owner
Jim Boob - Mapper
JNathan - Storyliner

Support Banners

Currently, we have no support banners. I did make one, but it sucked so I decided not to put it here. If you'd like to show your support to Team X, go ahead and make a banner or userbar or use one in your signature. :)

Final Word

Well, I hope you find Team X appealing. If you do, feel free to join, we accept anybody as long as you know your stuff. in the future, we plan on doing many new projects, while still keeping our goals in mind.

Last edited:

Jim Boob

Freelance Mapper
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Dec 7, 2016
As vague as your first post was, i do really like the concept of a MissingNo story, and I will be glad to help out if you can a team together.

Nickname: See username.
Skill"s": Ideally mapping.
Proof: There is a deviant art link, in my username and I was the project leader of pokemon rumble rock. (if you search it there is probably a beta kicking about somewhere)
Past Hacks: Kind of answered that one all ready.
Time Zone: GMT
Activity: Currently unsure, but all my exams have just finished so I should be reasonably active for a while.

Xilfer

Just won't die.
Years
Well, sorry about the vagueness, dude. I myself have been dealing with exams, so it's only now that they're done that I actually have time to flesh out my ideas. But yeah, you're accepted. I'm actually pretty impressed with your work, man. You're pretty good. And, uh...interesting username. LOL

Jim Boob

Freelance Mapper
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Dec 7, 2016
One of my friends mispronounced Jim-bob and it just sort of stuck... 8= and know need to be sorry but that was one of the problems with my project I started putting it together before I had a real idea of what was going to happen, and that never ends well. but otherwise thanks I just hope I can still produce good maps its been a year since i made any of those.

Xilfer

Just won't die.
Years
Well, I'm currently doing my best to come up with a better story. I have a five-day weekend at my school so luckily that gives me more time to brainstorm. Obviously, it'll still be MissingNo. based, and it's going to be breaking the fourth wall. A lot.

As soon as I get more story developments, I'll update the first post.

Edit: Updated the first post with a more clear story idea.

Last edited:

Nathan

Blade of Justice
Years
This seems interesting do i'll give it a try.
Nickname: JNathan
Skills: Storyliner
Proof: My RMXP story here.
Previous Hacks: 0
Time Zone: GMT -5
Activity: I work within day and gives the document in the afternoon or the day after.

Xilfer

Just won't die.
Years
You're accepted JNathan. Do you mind if I PM you so that we can work on the story together?

Nathan

Blade of Justice
Years
You're accepted JNathan. Do you mind if I PM you so that we can work on the story together?
I don't mind at all. I'm usually available between 7h30PM to 1h30AM when school is over. So look for me at these hours.

Fenne-kun

//TheEternalSushi
Years
Do you need soundtracks for the hack, or are you going to use official ones? I'm currently making some soundtracks from here and there, and you might be interested in using some of them for towns.

pyscho_red

will give it another shot !
Years
Will you be using a certain ROM-base or just the basic pokemon ruby one? and if so which have you decided on? I'm more curious as to the tilesets you'll be working with (provided you can't find a tilemaker)

Years
  • Seen Sep 29, 2014
Skills: scripting,mapping, sprting pretty much anything
applying for: scripter or mapper anything you assign me doesn't matter
Proof: None yet
Timezone: eastern time
Contact me via Facebook: Kirandeep Bagri
I would be on fairly often as this is the summer so....

TheDeadDude

If I knew I might tell you.
Years
Nickname - "Oh ****. I forgot. I'll try to remember"
Skillz - mostly sprites. Trying to learn to script.
Timezone - Eastern or NY whatever its called
Proof - I could email some sprites I've done
Contact - PM or [email protected]

Back