• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Challenge Ideas & Discussion

Do you feel more people should get into Nuzlockes?

• Yes

Votes: 7 36.8%
  • No

Votes: 12 63.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
What about a base stat total limit of 2910 for 6 Pokemon (an average of 485 for each Pokemon). Also I like your other idea and I'll join when it's posted.

Even if we do already have one of these, not only is 485 a lot on it's own, someone could simply tank through the game using 3 legendary pokemon, or at least powerful ones, disregarding the other two, or using them as HM slaves. As the former argument is equivalent to my initial playthrough of most games, I don't consider this a challenge. At all.

Enigma

[i][font=Noto Serif][color=#e2ad53]The [color=#d94
Years
Don't we already have a BST Challenge?
The only one I found was a BS Cap challenge. (You can only use pokemon that have base stats totals that all add up to whatever. Plus, it was really inactive) Mine is just use Pokemon with totals below a certain number. (Like say the limit is 200; you can use as many Pokemon as you want with totals equaling or below 200.)

Speaking of which, about 250 or 200 sounds about right to actually make it a challenge, or at least I think so. 200 might be a little too hard.

myrrhman

Challenge God
Years
What Karpman said. Too easy to just run through with a Nidoking and Starmie or something.

Also, the only challenge ever attempted similar to that was the limit challenge where you could only use weak pokemon.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
350-400 sounds about right. 200 and below is...way too hard, from what I'm looking at.

Enigma

[i][font=Noto Serif][color=#e2ad53]The [color=#d94
Years
Another idea, If no one has done this already. How about a Pickup challenge? Only use the items that a Pokemon with Pickup gets.

Great news. I've finally completed my current challenge (The Beginning Letter Challenge), so I will be posting my Username Challenge today. :)

Last edited:

chaos11011

[untitled]
Years
  • Age 27
  • MA
  • Seen May 4, 2021
A less then a week 'till Christmas? Arceus, it the month flew.

TO bad by the time I get my Tablet, I will be to late to draw a Christmas hat on a Pokemon. I'll probably Draw one by hand then take a picture of it and put it as my avi.

Pickup Challenge is wayyyyy to limited. There's less then 10 Pokemon that get pickup if I recall correctly.

myrrhman

Challenge God
Years
A less then a week 'till Christmas? Arceus, it the month flew.

TO bad by the time I get my Tablet, I will be to late to draw a Christmas hat on a Pokemon. I'll probably Draw one by hand then take a picture of it and put it as my avi.

Pickup Challenge is wayyyyy to limited. There's less then 10 Pokemon that get pickup if I recall correctly.
Apparently, according to Serebii, there is 10 total, including B/W Pokemon.

chaos11011

[untitled]
Years
  • Age 27
  • MA
  • Seen May 4, 2021
See, I wanted to say 10 but if I was wrong there would be people trolling me on how I was wrong :P

So yeah, that challenge is limited to the Pokemon you could use. Maybe you could add like pokemon with Honey Gather. But that adds like 2 pokemon? (Combee and Teddiursa)

den899pop

Jolteon Trainer
Years
  • Seen Mar 11, 2011
What about the ability of the starter pokemon. that adds about 12 more.

560cool.

An old timer?
Years
Hi guys !
I've been away this whole December... I had to fix some problems with my life (including my insomnia and Internet obsession). Well, after 1 month without video games and Internet, I decided to return. I'm back but, however, I won't be playing as much as before. But it's nice to be back again.
yes, I'm aware I had one or two log-ins. I just wanted to check... >:

560cool.

An old timer?
Years
Yeah, I'm pretty happy I got time to put PC and gaming back into my schedule. I'm also pretty sure I won't get huge insomnia while I have to sleep, this making me pick up my netbook and stay on the Internet all night. It basically destroyed my social and educational real life. But now, it's a lot better.

So, I'll get a PUAP, Favorite for my SS, and some more lurking. And... modays isn't on...? Oh yeah, he mentioned something about TF2 and HP.

Last edited:

560cool.

An old timer?
Years
It's christmastime, is it not? Anyhow, welcome to back to the PC, 560.
And what is it with all the trollfaces these days?

Trollface is lurking in every corner of the Internet. Plus, he's so cool. And I can doodle him. Yay ! :-D And yes, I seriously hope for an iPod Touch 4 on Christmaseve. ^_^

dragon0fangz

account moved to 649
Years
What do you think of a Trainer challenge?

Basically, you pick any trainer from any game (excluding Gym leaders, Elite Four, Rivals) and play through the game using that trainer's exact team and movesets. For those that are rematchable, their final teams are the team you must use.

Sounds like it would be a very interesting challenge.

560cool.

An old timer?
Years
I think we had one before, but it must have died. D:
Also, exact movesets is something I would hate. Remember The Red Challenge somebody did ? It failed because of that. well, it died anyways, buuut....
So yeah, I'm pretty sure that if I were to do it, I would pick only one move, not all. It would make the challenge more interesting. (:

Also, here's a nice find from teh intarwebz. I am not trolling you, this is just my Christmas present to the CHALLENGE forum :
Spoiler:

HAPPY CHRISTMAS ALL ! HEHE. I might even doodle a trollface with a Santa Hat. Why not ? <3[/QUOTE]

Last edited:

chaos11011

[untitled]
Years
  • Age 27
  • MA
  • Seen May 4, 2021
Merry Christmas! (well sorta)
I got Presents for all of you :D I drew some Pokemon for you all. The caption under the picture explains stuff.
For my favorite mod, Sydian
Spoiler:

For the guy who wants a zombie Jumpluff, Mondayssuck
Spoiler:

Yes I give myself presents, chaos11011
Spoiler:

For my best/closest freind on the forum, Seco.560cool.
Spoiler:

For the Challenge Warden/King, Myrrhman
Spoiler:

And for something not Christmas related but challenge related
Spoiler:

And the best picture of all
Spoiler:

I posted this early so you guys can use it for your avi's or something. No need for credit.

Karpman I didn't forget about you. I just need to know your favorite Pokemon and I'll post yours. In the meantime I'll go get more paper because my notebook ran out D:

560cool.

An old timer?
Years
Yeah, yay ! I really love how Chicken Little turned out. myrrh's Nidoking is pretty awesome, Zombie Jumpluff has tons of writings and seed bby is plain cute. <3 Oh, and nice Ivysaur. I love giving presents to myself, too. But it hits my wallet pretty hard. O:

CHALLENGE related, I got an Absol in my favorite challenge. I simply can't believe I'm so lucky. I actually wanted him. :3

Oh, and trollface trollwins. Trollsanta wishes you Merry Christmas ! (:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back