• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Quick Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

greg0915

Tomorrow is a new day
Years
  • Go to Internet settings in the DS options
  • Change the Primary DNS to this DNS: 088.191.118.153 and Save
  • Go to GTS, deposit the pokemon you want checked and this message should appear saying 13266 (this means the pokemon's data has been sent to this website)
  • Click on the pokemon to find out all the info

greg0915

Tomorrow is a new day
Years
Hmmm.... i haven't come across this problem before :\ do you have anying insered into your secondary DNS?

greg0915

Tomorrow is a new day
Years
Hmmm.... when i set it up i used an already working setup and just changed the Primary DNS, maybe that'll work. Well I'm off to bed now (4:47 AM here) i'll check back tomorrow and see how you got on, good luck ;)

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Didn't know where this goes, so if it need to be moved, please do so!!
Ok, I want to learn how to GTS hack check, but am having problems, just getting it set up, after I put in the primary DNS #'s it gives me an "invalid" message after I click the save settings button??
Any help will do!!
I've merged it into Quick Questions since your issue isn't solved yet, but just a warning, in your previous thread, Sydian said to post it in the help threads which is what you should've done. Any further questions belong here, kay?

Neil Peart

Learn to swim
Years
So I just beat the E4, N and Ghetsis. I've traversed into the post-story, and I'm finding that may of the NPC trainers have Pokemon level 65 and over.

My party is in the 50-56 range, so how in the hell am I supposed to compete with these trainers without grinding on wild Pokemon? If I'm not missing something here to train my Pokemon to a competitive level, then the developers kind of screwed up, considering every guide I have read says my Pokemon should be at least level 56 by this point. What's the deal?

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
So I just beat the E4, N and Ghetsis. I've traversed into the post-story, and I'm finding that may of the NPC trainers have Pokemon level 65 and over.

My party is in the 50-56 range, so how in the hell am I supposed to compete with these trainers without grinding on wild Pokemon? If I'm not missing something here to train my Pokemon to a competitive level, then the developers kind of screwed up, considering every guide I have read says my Pokemon should be at least level 56 by this point. What's the deal?
I guess because they want it to be a "challenge" to you, as in, you can get through with your Pokemon at 56 but it'll be a struggle. Your best bet is to train to about 65 (wild Audino grinding, they're at a high level and use Heal Pulse + Simple Beam a lot so you get lots of exp post-game without worrying about whether they'll beat you or not) where you should safely be able to beat most trainers you face.

Neil Peart

Learn to swim
Years

I guess because they want it to be a "challenge" to you, as in, you can get through with your Pokemon at 56 but it'll be a struggle. Your best bet is to train to about 65 (wild Audino grinding, they're at a high level and use Heal Pulse + Simple Beam a lot so you get lots of exp post-game without worrying about whether they'll beat you or not) where you should safely be able to beat most trainers you face.

Where can I find these Audinos, by chance?

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Where can I find these Audinos, by chance?
Go to any route with grass post-game (for the stronger Audino), run up and down until grass shakes, and boom there's Audino :)

(watch for other rare ones though, like other ones that only appear in the shaking grass too :x)

Years
  • Seen Nov 1, 2011
starting over

im starting over and would like a bellsprout oddish grimer koffing or ekans i dont got anything since just started pm if u can trade 1 of them also i want them freshly hatched so lvl 1 dont want a high lvl 30 at begining lol

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
im starting over and would like a bellsprout oddish grimer koffing or ekans i dont got anything since just started pm if u can trade 1 of them also i want them freshly hatched so lvl 1 dont want a high lvl 30 at begining lol

Try posting that in the quick trade thread instead :)

This thread is only for simple B/W questions basically.

greg0915

Tomorrow is a new day
Years
Hey i've asked this question in CBC quick questions 3 days ago and no answer so i'm reposting it here ^_^

If doing a double battle with a pokemon with the ability Plus and a pokemon with the ability Minus on the same team, will they get the Sp.Atk boost?

Plus: When battling with Plus or Minus, Special Attack becomes 1.5 times greater.

Minus: When battling with Plus or Minus, Special Attack becomes 1.5 times greater.

Angelique

Le Magnifique
Years
  • Seen Sep 13, 2014
Hey i've asked this question in CBC quick questions 3 days ago and no answer so i'm reposting it here ^_^

If doing a double battle with a pokemon with the ability Plus and a pokemon with the ability Minus on the same team, will they get the Sp.Atk boost?

Plus: When battling with Plus or Minus, Special Attack becomes 1.5 times greater.

Minus: When battling with Plus or Minus, Special Attack becomes 1.5 times greater.

Yes. Plus now also raises the user's Special Attack stat by 50% when it enters a double or triple battle with a Pokémon that has Plus or Minus.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
is there any way yu can not catch Zekrom?? im at N's castle, and i REALLY dont wanna catch it...

Have a full team and full PC boxes of 720 Pokemon total. IMO, it's not worth it because you have to spend a lot of money to get the Poke Balls necessary to catch that many Pokemon. You can just catch it and not use it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back