• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Quick Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
If I were to hunt for a shiny starter in White 2, would the starter be shiny in the screen where you choose your starter? I know this was true in Heartgold, but I don't think it was true in White.

(for clarification) So this screen:
mqdefault.jpg

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Hi guys!

I have seen 2 diffrent guides with the same cover on the internet, one released on the 7th october and the second is gonna be released on the 12 of october, and the only thing that seem to differ is the names of the guides:

first one: Pokemon Black Version 2 and Pokemon White Version 2 Scenario Guide: The Official Pokemon Strategy Guide by pokemon USA inc, prima games

second one:Pokemon Black Version 2 & Pokemon White Version 2 - The Official Pokemon Unova Strategy Guide: Volume 1 by the pokemon company

why is the first called "scenario" guide? is these actually a usa version and then the europe version of th guide and the usa one has a different name? i think the first one also comes in a collectors edition guide, so is there any differences in these guides or could i order either one of em?

The Second Guide is the Pokedex and a more indepth explination of the extra features. That guide won't release until November though. The two out online are for two different countries I think as the October 7th is the American Strategy Guide and the 12th is the European Strategy Guide.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Hasty gives + Speed and - Defense

With it your Defense and Special Defense may end up closer than normal since Samurott sports 85 Defense and 70 Special Defense. Its 70 Speed isn't OMG great, but it isn't horrible. As for Oshawott...you could prolly push for something that is Attack Support, but that's you.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
To get Secret Sword on Keldeo, I take it to Moor of Iccirus in BW with the other Musketeers, right? I also read that you can take it to Floccesy Forest to learn it also, so I'm not sure if one of these are false or if they're both true, so help would be nice! :) Resolute form Keldeo is cute so I want it lol.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Both are true. You can teach Keldeo Secret Sword in the Moor of Iccirus in B/W by having the three Musketdeers in your party and when traded to B2W2 it will transform. If you already transferred then you take Keldeo with the musketdeers to Floccesy Forest to teach it Secret Sword at Pledge Stone thing.

Years
Question about Pokemon B/W2 PC boxes

How many boxes are there and how many Pokemon can each hold? I was thinking about capturing every single Pokemon made ever and completing the pokedex. Would this be possible? I'll put them in order by dex number and evolutionary form. I'm thinking about doing this after I complete my black 2 btw.

Greenbeans

Guardian of Le Foret
Years
this is more then possible in the new games the boxes have 30 pokes max (the usual) and i think that there is around 24-30 boxes available. And you only have 8 boxes to start but when you start filling them and getting more pokes you also get more boxes.

Years
  • Seen May 3, 2013
How many boxes are there and how many Pokemon can each hold? I was thinking about capturing every single Pokemon made ever and completing the pokedex. Would this be possible? I'll put them in order by dex number and evolutionary form. I'm thinking about doing this after I complete my black 2 btw.

There are 24 boxes.

You can hold 720 Pokemon.

Years
  • Seen Nov 20, 2014
Pledge Grove Keldeo event

Ok, I got Keldeo at Gamestop for my White version, but I don't know how to get it over to my White 2 version so that I can activate the Pledge Grove event. How do I transfer Keldeo from my White to my White 2?

Years
  • Seen Nov 20, 2014
Ah, ok, I'll do that. I already caught the other three Swords of Justice, so it should be somewhat simple.

Demon.

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
Years
  • Seen Jun 20, 2018
Just trade. You can trade between BW and BW2. Infrared should work fine.

Years
  • Seen Oct 10, 2012
The Second Guide is the Pokedex and a more indepth explination of the extra features. That guide won't release until November though. The two out online are for two different countries I think as the October 7th is the American Strategy Guide and the 12th is the European Strategy Guide.

Thx for the explanation, as i thought it was the amercian and then the europe guide, and as was the case with the first 2 games a volume 2 is set to come for the unova pokemon and then i think they will release a national pokedex guide as they did the first time :)

Years
  • Seen Oct 10, 2012
Black 2 white 2 RNGing without RNG Reporter?

Hey guys in not sure if I'm posting this thread in the right forum but I didn't see a forum specify for RNGing so I'll begin...

So do you guys remember the days of Pokemon Emerald when one could RNG for shinies and/or nature/IVs without the RNG Reporter program? Well I do, and I was wondering if anyone knew a method to use in pokemon Black 2 White 2 for the same thing? I'm getting a little board with Soft-Resetting my game to get the spesific Nature/IVs and shiny status for the stationary Pokemon. I've been working on getting Zorua shiny and have SR 2153 times already with no luck :/ so I would greatly appreciate any help on this that you guys(and gals) could have

Thanks, Ace

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Hey guys in not sure if I'm posting this thread in the right forum but I didn't see a forum specify for RNGing so I'll begin...

So do you guys remember the days of Pokemon Emerald when one could RNG for shinies and/or nature/IVs without the RNG Reporter program? Well I do, and I was wondering if anyone knew a method to use in pokemon Black 2 White 2 for the same thing? I'm getting a little board with Soft-Resetting my game to get the spesific Nature/IVs and shiny status for the stationary Pokemon. I've been working on getting Zorua shiny and have SR 2153 times already with no luck :/ so I would greatly appreciate any help on this that you guys(and gals) could have

Thanks, Ace

If you are talking about N's Zorua that you get from Rood, its Shiny locked. All of N's Pokemon are Shiny Locked so none of them can be shiny. You'll have to breed for a Shiny Zorua.

Years
  • Seen Nov 25, 2012
Question about Black/White Kyurem

I just defeated White Kyurem on White 2 (During the fight where you cannot catch it) , and I'm wondering, when I catch it later I know I'll be able to get White Kyurem, but while this may sound like a stupid question, I have 3 Zekrom (One transferred from white at lv 50, one from the Black version event, and one from random wifi trading) would I potentially be able to get black Kyurem?

EDIT: Whoops, made this it's own thread before even seeing this topic. Apologies to the Mods/Admins.

Last edited:

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
You can get Kyurem and Reshiram post-E4. You battle N to get his Reshiram and then Kyurem is in the Giant Chasm. When you catch Kyurem, you'll the the DNA Link to fuse Kyu/Zek or Kyu/Resh. And yes, you should be able to trade in a Zekrom and fuse it with Kyurem. You can't have a White and Black Kyurem at the same time, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back