• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What's your least favorite Pokémon [of Each Type]?

Years
  • Seen Feb 16, 2013
Ah also fun. Lol. Lets go!

Normal- happiny. Idk. It just bothers me. I hate it's design. No other normal types make me feel bad but looking at happiny... Idk y it just makes me un happiny. Lol

Fighting- meditite. Stop using detect and just die already!

Flying- it's hard to really hate any flying types but I guess altaria. Y r u even dragon type???

Poison- hard to choose too. Maybe amoonguss? I don't really hate any poison types. But I guess he's my least favorite design and he's not even mildly cute like foonguss is.

Ground- hard again. Palpitoad I guess. He just annoyed me.

Rock- nosepass. And probopass. Again just terrible designs.

Bug- maybe venonat. Just don't like him. Probably cuz his design.

Ghost- gengar. As cool as haunter is I feel like he loses all his coolness upon evolution.

Steel- empoleon. I hate penguins and hate his whole pride gimmick

Fire- flareon. I despise the design. Love all the eeveelutions but this.

Grass- ludicolo. I hate his design. Reminds me of a penguin. Which I hate. And he's stupid goofy.

Water- simipour. Hate the design with a burning passion cuz I'm not fond of monkeys and he's got a stupid hairdo and he's waving at you. Like this is a fight dude stop waving like we're buddies and let me knock u out!

Electric- elekid. Idk y. Don't hate him but he's just least favorite.

Psychic- jynx. A wild Nikki minaj appeared! Enough said. Hated its design since the start.

Ice- smoochum. I didn't think jynx could get any worse. Til they made it a baby and made me feel horrible for wanting to punch a baby in its face.

Dragon- dragonite. I love dragons. And he's probably the most loyal to a pure dragon design. Too bad when we started out we had beautiful elegant dragonair that turned into this ugly fat kid dragon. I'm not against fat but I mean come on. We get one dragon and this was it??? Ugh. When I was a child I wished so bad for spyro to be a Pokemon.

Dark- sableye. I thought it was so cool. No weakness. Cool moves. But the stats omg and no evolution

Years
Hmmm... this is interesting... so many pokemon I like have been bashed xD

Normal: Dunsparce - It's useless and has a terrible design, need I say more?

Fighting: Hariyama - Not only is it outclassed by better pokemon but I HATE IT'S DESIGN SO MUCH.

Flying: Skiploom - It's not that good and it looks ridiculous.

Poison: Gulpin/Swalot/Trubbish/Garbodor - All tied for bad design and for sucking.

Ground: Stunfisk - It's got great typing but it's stats and moves are a let down and quite frankly it design could have been a little better.

Rock: Nosepass/Probopass - Stat and move wise they are okay... but... they have pointless giant noses as their main feature... lolwhat?

Bug: Probably Paras/Parasect - I don't HATE them but they have terrible typing and really they don't have stats good enough to back it up and also... WHOSE IDEA WAS DRY SKIN ON A BUG/GRASS.

Ghost: Dusclops - Ugliest ghost type in existence and it is painfully slow... at least Duskull and Dusknoir look good.

Steel: I like them all really but my least favourite would be Beldum - It's weak, ugly and boring with its only redeeming quality being that it evolves into metang and metagross.

Fire: Slugma - It's weak and ugly, not good traits in a pokemon.

Grass: Sunkern - Worst pokemon in the game, that is all.

Water: Luvdics - Nearly as weak as sunkern, about as usefull and without the almost redeeming quality of evolving... although it is slightly better I guess.

Electric: Chinchou - I don't hate it really but I figured I had to pick one and it has a dorky design.

Psychic: Unown - The concept, movie/anime versions and design are pretty good but in game it is the most pointless pokemon around. I almost want to take back saying sunkern is the worst but inown has better stats.

Ice: Jynx - Just because it is so ugly.

Dragon: Dragonite - The pokemon itself is awesome but I hate how we go from an elegant pokemon like Dragonair to something with a design the polar opposite.

Dark: Vullaby - A pokemon with terrible stats that evolves late should at least look good, Vullaby does not.

Elaitenstile

I am legend
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Feb 27, 2015

Okay, let's make a start :

Normal : Pidove. I don't like it. Simple as that.
Fire : Slugma. Ewww...
Grass : Paras/ It gives me the creeps.
Water : None as of now.
Electric : Emolga. It IS a cutie, but it's damn annoying and always comes out instead of Audino... xD
Bug : Kricketune. It's ugly.
Fighting : Medicham. I never liked it.
Ground : Stunfisk NEVER! Instead... Gligar.
Psychic : Woobat. It's one-eyed, so it's like a furry little Cyclops.
Rock : Shuckle. I hated that thing.
Flying : Woobat. I rest my case.
Dark : Honchcrow had bad looks according to me.
Poison : Venipede. Due to personal revenge purposes.
Steel : Forretress. That ugly thing.
Ghost : Sabeleye. Why didn't it have an evolution? Waste of a good typing.
Ice : Snover. Due to personal revenge purposes.
Dragon : Druddigon. Hate that creature.

Years
  • Age 23
  • No.
  • Seen May 1, 2014
Ok, here we go :

Normal : Audino. Ugghhh....Dumb.
Grass : Oddish. Just what the hell?
Fire : Heatmor. Doesn't really have much effort in design.
Water : Tympole. Stupid....
Electric : Tynamo. It's a dumb pokemon.
Bug : Illumise. I hate that damn bug.
Poison : Ekans. Look at the face.
Fighting : Croagunk. Damn ugly..
Ground : Swinub. More like Swinoob, doesn't make sense right? Other than that it's dumb.
Flying : Hoothoot. dafuq?
Ice : Cryogonal. I don't really get it.
Dark : Vullaby. It's horrible.
Psychic : Ralts. It's evos are 10x better.
Steel : Foretress. Crap...I don't know what to say.
Ghost : Shuppet. looks like a handkerchief.
Dragon : Deino. No eyes, seriously...

EGKangaroo

Tail-bumps for all 'roolovers!
Years
Normal: Miltank. *Lies on floor in foetal position* Miltank used rollout. Miltank used rollout. Miltank used rollout.
Fighting: Conkeldurr. Those veins creep me out.
Poison: Garbodor. WHY?!
Ground: Rhyperior. I don't think its design does the sheer awesomeness of Rhydon any justice.
Rock: Solrock. Its face -- always looking at me sceptically -- seeing what I did there.
Bug: Volcarona. Its red spotted petal wings, its strange white fluff, its lifeless blue compound eyes, and its creepy shape that gives an uncanny crackly sensation in my mouth like I'm swallowing a spider or some other creeper arthropod. I just don't like it at all. It scares me more.
Ghost: Chandelure. As much as I like Lampent's design, Chandelure's eyes fall too far into the background of the design.
Steel: Klinklang. One big contraption of cogwheels trying too hard to be the new Magnezone or its prevolutions, but missing out by having -- just like Chandelure -- eyes that fall too far into the background, making it look kind of dead.
Fire: Chimchar. I love the evolutions. I just don't like the first stage. It's trying too hard to look infantile.
Water: Jellicent. I don't want your pringles! The female version looks even worse.
Grass: Exeggutor. I swear, this pokémon always creeped me out as a kid.
Electric: Eelektross. NO!
Psychic: Munna. Flower patterns...
Ice: Cryogonal. Yep, it's a large snowflake.
Dragon: Altaria. Go home, Altaria, you're not a dragon!
Dark: Hydreigon. I thought Deino and Zweilous were pretty cute references to the Beatles and the hippies. Then, all of a sudden, it got eyes and head arms and...purple breeches?

Last edited:

B-L-A-Z-E

リズ
Years
Bug: Ledyba/Ledian - I generally like bug Pokemon but these two are just completely useless.
Dark: Sableye - I have to say Sableye because it's just uninteresting and too frail despite having no weaknesses which means it's severely outclassed by Spiritomb.
Dragon: Altaria - This should be obvious. I like it as a flying type but not as a dragon.
Electric: Stunfisk - Meh...
Fighting: Meditite/Medicham - Never liked these two, they do have an interesting dual type though.
Fire: Heatmor - The ONLY fire type Pokemon I will never love. I've tried using it before and it was complete (tries to think of an appropriate word...) garbage.
Flying: Farfetch'd - Five generations and a sixth on the way and this thing is still as useless as it was when it was first created.
Ghost: Sableye - I really don't like this Pokemon.
Ground: Stunfisk - Still meh...
Ice: Glaie - Glalie has nothing that stands out about it like other ice types.
Normal: All of the early game rats that can learn Hyper/Super Fang (Raticate,Bibarel etc.)
Poison: Garbador - Did we really need Muk in a trashbag?
Psychic: Unown - Do I have to explain this choice?
Rock: Corsola - Really outclassed by other water/rock types and I think it's in desperate need of an evolution so it'd be useable.
Steel: Durant - I hate these things with a passion.
Water: Bibarel - I like how they tried to do something different with the generic Raticate in fourth generation but, it didn't turn out too well.

Zorogami

WUB WUB
Years
My all-time least favorite Pokemon has to be Dunsparce.
And i really don't like any of the Psychic types introduced in Gen5

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
Years
It won't be easy, since I judge mostly on how the Pokemon design, and some for attacks...

Bug - Ledyba and Ledian, don't look exciting, kind of boring
Dark - Houndour and Houndoom, I could add a few more, but those two, they look like rottweiler, I really hate that breed, dissapointed they turned them into Pokemon
Dragon - Latias and lations, design I don't like, and also not a fan of psychic Pokemon
Electric - Pikachu, overused in the anime, I learn to not like it.
Fighting - Meditite, doesn't look like a fighter, more like relaxing yoga. Design isn't good
Fire - Torchic's evolution line, even if it sounds rude, I laughed when I first saw it, a fire chicken? it has the worst design in Hoenn
Flying - Farfetch'd, boring design, not helpful in battle,
Ghost - Shuppet, I find not scary for a ghost type, looks more like a halloween decoration
Grass - Chikorita's entire evolution, has the worst design for me in Johto, in the Anime, Ash's Chikorita was annoying
Ground - Dugtrio, its just 3 Digletts together, I really dislike their Area Trap, I'm always forced to battle them. Just as bad as Diglett.
Ice - As much as I love Unova, the worst looking Pokemon in the Pokemon world is Vanillite's entire evolution, its based on food, I laughed when I first saw its design
Normal - Ditto, looks more like a blob or slime instead of a Pokemon
Psychic - Unown, weak battler, weaker design, 26 different designs, and none of them are even good
Poison - Grimer or Muk, like with Ditto, looks more like slime than a Pokemon
Rock - Nosepass, don't know what to say about it, other than really bad design
Steel - Again with me Loving 50% of Unova Pokemon, another of the worst was in Unova, that is Klink's evolution. Don't look like Pokemon, more like they belong in a machine
Water - maybe Luvdisc, doesn't resemble a fish, more a cut out heart from a paper, and added eyes to it, no fins, no fish-like features.

I didn't expect to take me 2 hours to make my list.

Years
Hmm, I've never really thought of my least favorites from each type before, but here it goes. A majority of these will probably just be based off of design, since there are very few Pokemon I actually hate.

Bug - Metapod. Just a useless Pokemon, unless you evolve a Caterpie into one. (Butterfree's actually my favorite Bug type).
Dark - Sharpedo. I've always hated it's Rough Skin ability, especially when using multi-strike moves.
Dragon - Altaria. Nothing says Dragon better than a cute looking bird with cloudy wings.
Electric - Stunfisk. Honestly can't find much appealing about a flat, land-dwelling electric fish.
Fighting - Monferno/Infernape. Did we honestly need another set of Fire/Fighting starters? Really?
Fire - Pignite/Emboar. Did we honestly need another set of Fire/Fighting starters? Really? (wait, this seems familiar...)
Flying - Gyarados. I actually love Gyarados, but it's always bothered me that it should really be part-Dragon, not Flying.
Ghost - Shedinja. I love to use it, but it's an absolute pain to face if you go in un-prepared.
Grass - Abomasnow. Another Pokemon that I actually like, but it's part-Grass typing just seems so out of place.
Ground - Palpitoad. For some reason, it's stupid wiggling sprite always bothers me. I'm fine with Seismitoad/Tympole, though.
Ice - Cryogonal. Ah, a lifeless snowflake. At least the Vanillish line has the ability to show some emotions.
Normal - Meloetta. I have no problem with Meloetta itself, but there I think a Normal type legendary kind of defeats the purpose of "Normal".
Poison - Tentacool. Out of all the other overly common Pokemon, Tentacool's the only one I hate with a passion.
Psychic - Abra. Don't hate it, but I'm just fearing the day when I find a shiny Abra, and it uses Teleport before I can catch it.
Rock - Roggenrola. Bad name pun, and a design so simplistic that it feels like no effort was put in whatsoever.
Steel - Probopass. An absolutely ridiculous looking Pokemon that doesn't seem to have a reason to be part-Steel type.
Water - Tentacool. Did I mention I hated Tentacool with a passion? Because I do.

rageahollic33

Roserade is the best
Years
What is your least favorite Pokemon from each type?

So i saw a thread from a favorite pokemon from each type and I was wondering what is your least favorite from each type?

Grass - Sunflora - even though people don't like the hoppip line. I for one think the sunflora line is the worst grass line imo.

Fire - Slugma - I never liked this pokemon.

water - surskit (however you spell it) - I just find it a bad typing and I never seen anybody even using it.

electric - Stunfisk - ok this was a tough one. but design wise stunfisk takes the cake for worst electric pokemon.

poison - gulpin - idk i just think this is a weaker version of grimer. and just like the surskit line I'd never seen anybody even use this pokemon

Bug - ledyba - Ok design wise I like Ledian I think it looks pretty cool but ledyba I think it sucks. I know there is worse bug type pokemon but I just don't like ledyba.

Ground - baltoy - I don't know why. I don't hate the claydol line. It's just least my least favorite ground type.

Rock type - Geodude - Ok the reason why I don't like geodude. Is when I was playing Fire Red I ran into a shiny geodude at first i got the geodude to red health then he used magnitude on my pokemon then I threw an ultra ball. ( i already wasted my masterball on a zapdos) he broke free after two shakes and then he used self destruct. and the sad thing is that was the first shiny I ever ran into. and from that moment on have a hatred for geodude.

Psychic type - gothitelle - don't hate it I just think the typing is wrong.

Dark type - Poochyena I don't hate it its just there's way better dark types.

Steel type - magnemite - not a bad pokemon just like Poochyena there is way better steel types.

Fighting type - meditite - because almost every gym in gen 3 has this pokemon and i just don't like it.

Normal type - Miltank - Bad memories thats why.

Ice type - snover - didn't care for it.

flying type - Farfetch'd - It's just terrible.

dragon type - vibrava - i don't know it looks more a bug type than a dragon type.

Years
  • Seen Jun 11, 2013
This is going to be a hard pick, as I generally like most of the Pokemon. Here goes nothing.

Bug: Swadloon. It always looked a little like a dumpling wrapped in a leaf blanket, and its eys just seemed weird. Whatever happened to that cute Sewaddle?
Dark: Vullaby. I love Mandibuzz, but Vullaby just doesn't cut it for me. Being a chick Pokemon, you'd expect it to be at least somewhat cute.
Dragon: Shelgon. I don't really like its design, with it just being a giant white ball with eyes and stubby feet.
Electric: Pachirisu. With terrible stats all across the board and an unoriginal design, the only thing good about it is it's cute physique.
Fighting: Throh and Sawk. I am not a fan of human-like Pokemon, and these two are no exception. Thier designs and concept seem so underdeveloped and lazy on Nintendo's part.
Fire: Pignite. I like the rest of Tepig's evolutionary family, but it's just Pignite that urks me. He's a chubby, derpy pig. And he's a fire/fighting type. We have plently of fire/fighting starters.
Flying: Ledyba. It's so puny and ridiculous looking, with terrible stats to boot. I like ladybugs and this is a disgrace to them.
Ghost: Misdreavus. I don't know why, but I never liked its design much. Trainers utilize this Pokemon to be such a pain (Confuse Ray, Pain Split, etc.). All around not a fun Pokemon to fight.
Grass: Sunkern. Isn't it obvious?
Ground: Dugtrio. How original. The only good stat it even has is speed, which doesn't help with its pitiful defenses and below-average attack.
Ice: Jynx. I really don't like human-like Pokemon at all. They just seem out of place in a game centered around creatures based off animals.
Normal: Happiny. Its design is so bland. The only saving grace it has is the amount of experience points it gives.
Poison: Muk. There was nothing else the creators could do when thinking of the transition between Grimer and its evolution?
Psychic: Unown. It's so painfully bad that I don't even want to write an explanation.
Rock: Bonsly. I was never fond of the baby Pokemon, and this thing just creeps me out. Like all baby Pokemon, terrible stats and moves. Not much else to say.
Steel: Klang and Klinklang. I like originality in my Pokemon. Klink was cool when it was released, but its evolutions suffer the same fate as Muk.
Water: Luvdisc. No one likes Luvdisc. Terrible stats, poor design, and it didn't even evolve into Alomomola. It does have a decent concept, though.

Years
  • Seen Nov 19, 2013
Hahaha I love reading how everyone vents out on such stupid designs....

Normal: Bibarel: Statistics have found that 3 people die each time a bidoof is caught in game
Fighting: Conkeldurr.... . Come on! A construction worker becomes a fighting type pokemon? Really?! What about making a pokemon based on a teacher? I'd love killing one of those
Flying: thornadus: DO NOT design pokemon based on humans EVER! I want to send pokemon to battles not my grandpa and his whip!
Poison: Garbodor: Worst.... pokemon.... ever..... The one who came up with his idea should die (except if its Ken Sugimori.... I don't really know)
Ground: SEismitoad evolution line.... "seismi - what? I know no pokemon with that name!"
Rock: solrock and lunatone: these pokemon looks so bad that the pilot of the 9/11 bombing must've played pokemon and caught one of these two and went into a complete shock causing hundreds of lives! DO NOT design pokemon like these, they can kill!
Bug: Accelgor: I though someone will be able to make another good bug pokemon to use instead of scizor and volcarona... BOY! Never was I so wrong!
Ghost: Dusclops: I thought pokemon are supposed to look better when they evolve? R.I.P. good ol' pokemon days
Steel: Magnezone: Magneton's design was awesome. The only reason I use magnezone is because of its strength but the design really went down to the aspalt on this one
Fire: I'm a lover of fire types but..... magmortar deserves better stats... magmar was a cool pokemon before
Water: gorebys and huntail... I always thought that clamperl evolves into shelldert and when I evolved mine I realized that there really something wrong with this world
Grass: seedot family: They suck!
Electric: pachirisu: I'm sure the designer spilled his milk while drawing pachirisu... don't worry we understand... what? You did not? I know a cheap coffin shop if you want to know.... wait let me get my knife err.... I mean my phone
psychic: unown: they should've made a pokemon that you can only get when you get all the unowns.... their just crap right now
ice: beartic: this guy would've been awesome if not for those things coming out from his nose! I want a design that will make me shout "Go for Narniiiiiaaaaa!!!!" everytime I use beartic
dragon: dudrigon: LEGO and Gamefreak are separate companies right? I'm sure there's a spy in your building Gamefreak!
Dark: shiftry evo line: If batman was a pokemon trainer shiftry would be his pokemon... and jinx would be Robins... wait. what?!

Years
Here goes nothing.......
Fire : Torkoal
Water : Mudkip
Dragon : Vibrava
Steel : Mawile
Poison : Gulpin
Flying : Pidgey
Grass : Tangela
Rock : Nosepass
Ground : Shellos
Ice : Delibird
Bug : Kricketune
Dark : Sableye
Psychic : Abra
Ghost : Spiritomb
Fighting : Meditite
Normal : Smeargle, Dunsparce
Electric : Electrode

Years
GRASS
103.png

Absolutely hideous

STEEL
598.png

Doesn't look like a pokemon.

POISON
591.png

Gross.

PSYCHIC
201.png

Worst concept for a pokemon. Period.

WATER:
400.png

Does it really need to be so derpy?

FLYING:
279.png

Very Disappointed in wingull's evolution.

DRAGON:
373.png

I actually don't mind Salamance, but he just isn't in the same league as others in his type.

FIRE:
555d.png

The worst form shifting pokemon in the game.

ELECTRIC:
618.png

Really? Do I need to explain? The only electric pokemon I dislike.

BUG:
617.png

The concept looks thrown together, and doesn't really make much sense.

ROCK:
476.png

Why were you created?

GROUND:
260.png

Worst starter of all time

ICE:
362.png

I am not to fond of this soccer ball.

DARK:
342.png

Pure ugly!

FIGHTING:
237.png

Really, a spinning top pokemon?

GHOST:
623.png

Go back to the digital world you don't belong.

WATER:
055.png

Blah, and boring.

Last edited:

nitemate

Don't play Pokemon anymore ...
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 17, 2014
I really hate shelmet. it's mouth is like it is giving u a kiss ewww

Blastoise113

An aspiring ROM Hacker
Years
I really don't like ash's pikachu. it defies physics. it damaged arceus. it ko'ed a golem. the most annoying of all pokemon. and yet, he's in my signature. :))))) but seriously, when I was younger, i hated zubats when i used to play firered.
Haha same here. Another thing I didn't get was when Ash started fresh in a region, he kept his Pikachu. I mean, the thing is trained way better than say the starters and early wild Pokémon but apparently has trouble defeating them.

Pokemount

Hello
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Nov 27, 2013
Fire : Torkoal
Water : Lumineon
Dragon : Love em all, but if I had to pick it would be Altaria or Drudigon.
Steel : the entire Klinkklankklanklickaklc evolution line.
Poison : Swalot
Flying : Farfetch'd
Grass : Maractus
Rock : Probopass
Ground : Dugtrio
Ice : Vanilluxe
Bug : Kricketune
Dark : Skuntank
Psychic : Grumpig
Ghost : Cofigrigus
Fighting : Conkeldurr
Normal : Purugly
Electric : Stunfisk

classiccartoonsftw

Nintendo is for awesome people
Years
  • Seen Jan 18, 2017
Normal - Watchog. For me, this thing stands out as the absolute worst of the regional rodents! Not because it's weak, but because it's hideous and annoying! Its pre-evolution, Patrat, is no better.
Fire - Simisear. I loved Pansage when it was revealed, but the others disappointed me. Besides, we've got the Chimchar line, which is much better.
Water - Basculin. This thing is terrible and it's in nearly every body of water in Unova! At least Magikarp and Tentacool can evolve. But Basculin can't, making it suck. Hopefully, the upcoming generation will fix that!
Grass - Chespin. Don't get me wrong. I don't hate Chespin, I just find it overrated compared to Froakie. Also, I couldn't think of anything else besides Chespin.
Electric - Emolga aka AnnoyingStupidFlyingSquirrel. Nuff said.
Ice - Delibird. It's not terrible, it's just meh.
Fighting - Emboar. The fact that it's the third Fire/Fighting starter in a row just rubbed me the wrong way.
Poison - Garbodor. This thing is just pure garbage.
Ground - Stunfisk. This thing is just a pain in the ***! Trying to obtain it in Super Pokemon Rumble was very annoying! Also, Stunfisk is overrated IMO.
Flying - Tranquill. For me, this is the worst Normal/Flying ever! It's not cute, not strong, really annoying, and I don't like its design. I don't like Unfezant either.
Psychic - Unown. This shouldn't have been a Pokemon!
Bug - Combee. Getting a good Combee was a massive pain in the *** back in DPPt. You could only find Combee in Honey Trees, but the chance of finding one was just 20%! Also, the chance of getting a male Combee was 87,5%, and male Combee can't evolve! Nowadays, Combee is much easier to obtain, but it still needs its male evolution!
Rock - Boldore. This thing is just a pain in the *** with Sturdy and Explosion. Graveler may have the same stuff, but at least Sturdy only blocked OHKO moves back when Graveler was abusing Explosion everywhere.
Ghost - Yamask. At first I found this thing adorable. But when I saw that ugly face on its belly, I started to like Yamask less. It's not terrible, though.
Dragon - Druddigon. It's pretty cool, but all other Dragon-type Pokemon are better.
Dark - Mightyena. In the third generation, it was so annoying with Intimidate and Roar!
Steel - Klink. With a noobish design, a shallow movepool, absurd looks, and okay evolutions, Klink just sucks.

Back