• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

HTC One?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen yesterday
Okay, maybe this isn't "help", more just "Advice". Basically, I'm looking to get my first smartphone, and it's going to be a top-end one. I've pretty much decided it's between iPhone 5 (as I have an iPod and a Mac, so compatibility will be good) or the HTC One (because it's frickin' cool, tbh, and I don't like the appearance of Samsung Galaxy). The one thing stopping me getting an iPhone is that I'd have to pay £200 more to get 32GB storage, whereas the 32GB HTC is the same price as a 16GB iPhone.
However, I have a few queries about if I do get a HTC One, was wondering if you guys may be able to answer them.

1. Will I still be able to transfer iTunes files over to the HTC?
2. Will movies imported off DVDs (for example Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol which came with a digital copy), which play in iTunes, work on the HTC?
3. Will I still be able to transfer photos, etc. to my Macbook Air?

I may have more questions which have mysteriously vanished from my head (I don't think its worth asking if it'll work with my iPhone-compatible car radio, I already know what that answer most likely would be - Phillips wouldn't even say if it was iPhone 5-compatible), but any advice is much appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Last edited by a moderator:
Years
I'm not too sure on movie downloads, but to answer your question about iTunes files and photos, yes you should be able to transfer music from iTunes to your device and you should be able to transfer photos to your MacBook Air, as long as the HTC One has compatible drivers.

I was able to transfer my iTunes library to my Nexus 7 (Android), but what I had to do was create a folder on my desktop then copy the files and paste them into that folder, so it may or may not be possible to sync the HTC One with iTunes.

«Chuckles»

Sharky
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Apr 29, 2023
Yes to all of the above but with movies it depends on the file type I use mp4's and mp3's dont use MPEG that wont work also alot of stuff you cant get on iOS is emulators so that is a bonus and you can access them all straight from your gallery. also Android gives you alot more freedom with what you do on it unlike Apple where you need to jailbreak it for things like making a cool animation when you slide to another page.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen yesterday
Yes to all of the above but with movies it depends on the file type I use mp4's and mp3's dont use MPEG that wont work also alot of stuff you cant get on iOS is emulators so that is a bonus and you can access them all straight from your gallery. also Android gives you alot more freedom with what you do on it unlike Apple where you need to jailbreak it for things like making a cool animation when you slide to another page.

Not that interested in the latter, I think it's beyond me. But do you mean I have to convert all my mpegs into mp3/4 before transferring them?

«Chuckles»

Sharky
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Apr 29, 2023
just checked HTC one supports mpeg4 so its all right if you have an MPEG file i think but there are lots of programs out there that will convert them for you whilst keeping a good file size and good quality like Handbrake I use that to get mroe FPS but I think that Handbrake does it not sure :D

Years
The iTunes native format is m4a, and my Nexus 7 supports m4a so there shouldn't be a need to convert files.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen yesterday
Ok cool. Thanks guys, I'm getting the impression music transfer wouldn't be beyond me. How about transferring photos to my computer? And vice versa (I have some really good ones from NYC that would make great wallpapers). Would I be able to use iPhoto?

«Chuckles»

Sharky
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Apr 29, 2023
You can get anything that is on an Android device off of it and onto your computer (recommended you dont cut+paste more so copy+paste,) and you can get music, photo's videos or anything that itunes supports off of your iphone I recommend a 4S

Years
iPhoto does not appear to work reliably with syncing photos to and from an Android device, after searching it up and briefly reading the first few results, because both Apple and Google are not in full compliance with the industry standard that governs photos from cameras. However, there is this workaround in the link below that will work more consistently than iPhoto (but it might not be easier than iPhoto): http://news.cnet.com/8301-33620_3-5...-import-quickly-to-mac-with-built-in-preview/

EDIT: http://forums.androidcentral.com/sa...-import-photos-android-phone-iphoto-os-x.html

Latest post seems to suggest switching the phone to connect to your computer as a camera instead of a general media device.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen yesterday
Hmm...doesn't look much more tricky than iPhoto actually, thanks for the link! (iPhoto's easy in theory but one of the slowest programs on my mac - takes about as long to load as iTunes does to sync my iPod).

Years
Hmm...doesn't look much more tricky than iPhoto actually, thanks for the link! (iPhoto's easy in theory but one of the slowest programs on my mac - takes about as long to load as iTunes does to sync my iPod).

I just discovered a way it might work in iPhoto, which is to tell the phone in its settings that its connecting as a camera instead of a media device. Some Android devices don't have this option, however, but it might just be older Android devices, since my phone is an HTC Sensation and doesn't have that option.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen yesterday
Hm...I imagine it's probably just on older ones. I know I was looking up how to sync music to an android phone last night - the easy way was only available on older OS, the current ones (such as on the HTC One) have a more complex method for some reason.

Years
  • Age 44
  • Seen Oct 12, 2013
just checked HTC one supports mpeg4 so its all right if you have an MPEG file i think but there are lots of programs out there that will convert them for you whilst keeping a good file size and good quality like Handbrake I use that to get mroe FPS but I think that Handbrake does it not sure :D

I've been using "AppGeeker Video Converter", easy to use, and it converts everything. Great bit of software.

Years
Please do not bump topics that are over a month old. Thanks.

Locked.

servinelock.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back