• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Quest Version

SuperOrigin

Legendary
Years
Pokemon Quest Version

pokemon-quest-version-titlescreen_1_orig.png

Pokemon Red & Blue Remake
Hack of Pokemon Firered

Introduction

Hello, I'm TyHawk4501. I've decided to make a thread about one of my Pokemon games called Pokemon Quest Version. So far, there are NO bugs or glitches, I tested them myself, so you'll love playing this game. Btw, I'm the creator of Pokemon Quest Version.

Story

Pokemon Quest Version is based off Pokemon Red and Blue but with the Pokemon Firered & Leafgreen features and with new features that I added.

Features
- Same storyline from Pokemon Red and Blue with Pokemon Firered and Leafgreen too.
- Takes Place in the Kanto Region
- All Pokemon obtainable without trading
- Pokemon Red and Blue TMs
- Pokemon Red and Blue Kanto Region Pokemon Sprites
- Pokemon Gold and Silver Johto Region Pokemon Sprites
- Pokemon Red and Blue attacks for Kanto Region Pokemon
- Able to visit the back of the S.S. Anne Dock with the Truck
- New Safari Zone Pokemon
- New Pokemon Locations
- New places to discover
- New features
and more...

Screenshots
bulbchatle.png
ditto-at-rock-tunnel.png
dragonair-in-the-safari-zone.png
hitmonchan.png
hitmonlee.png
ho-oh-at-navel-rock.png
lugia-at-navel-rock.png
screenshot-1.png
waterfall-at-icefall-cave.png
14_1.png
16.png

Credits
Nintendo, Game Freak, Creatures Inc. - Pokemon Red, Blue, Gold, Silver and Crystal Pokemon Sprites; Pokemon Red & Blue, Firered and Leafgreen Ghost Sprites; Pokemon Red, Blue, & Yellow Missingno Sprites; Pokemon Ruby, Sapphire, LeafGreen & Emerald Deoxys Sprites; Pokemon FireRed

Instructables - Pokemon FireRed Titlescreen Background & Logo Tutorial

SuperShinyGallade - Pokemon Firered Titlescreen Sprite Tutorial

Dabomstew - Titlescreen Cry Changer

Silver314 - YAPE 0.9

HackMew - UnLZ.GBA, APE, Advance Trainer & XSE

Wichu - Advanced Series

D-Trogh - Nameless Tile Map Editor

LU-HO - Advance Map

Robertville - Pokemon Red & Blue ZapMolCuno Pokemon Sprite

Chanchimi - Sapusaur, Charcolt, Rainer, Dreamaster, Flareth, Nidogod, Nidogodess, Psybird & Raticlaw Pokegod Sprites

Pokemon Quest Version Signature
pokemon-quest-version-sig_orig.png

Pokemon Quest Version Banner
pokemon-quest-version-banner_orig.png

Pokemon Quest Version BoxArt
pokemon-quest-version-box-art_orig.png

© 2013-2017 TyHawk​

Attachments

• Pokemon Quest Version Beta.ips
    961.2 KB · Views: 40
Last edited:
Years
seems interesting enough. mind if I ask you what the new features mentioned in the features? and what is the difference between the betas 1 to 4?

Puddle

Mission Complete✔
Years
Why would you use first generation sprites? The consistent complaints about how ugly they are really should bring you away from using them. Also, what is up with your home screen? Why is it so pixelated? And last thing. Why is that a level 15 dragonair? Dratinis don't evolve until level 30, and I hate when Pokemon are lower level than when they should've evolved.

Regardless, it looks pretty custom and stuff. Good luck and I hope you succeed with this hack!

SuperOrigin

Legendary
Years
@chaos_envoys For example, for the New Safari Zone Pokemon. Snorlax, Eevee and Lapras are now in the Safari Zone incase anyone wants to catch more and/or they need another gender of that Pokemon for Breeding. The difference between Betas 1 to 4 is that Beta 1 goes up to Pewter City, Beta 2 goes up to Cerulean City, Beta 3 goes up to Vermillion City and Beta 4 goes up to Fuchsia City.

Last edited:

Tcoppy

Favorite Stand
Years
The difference between Betas 1 to 4 is that Beta 1 goes up to Pewter City, Beta 2 goes up to Cerulean City, Beta 3 goes up to Vermillion City

@Satoshi Ookami and [Lucian] I do not appreciate your comments, it sounds like you're being mean :(

Just letting y'all know that I don't appreciate your comments cause it sounds like y'all are being mean. I have a sad face right now :( Also, I'm keeping what I have in the game whether people like it or not. I'm not being mean at all really, I'm just speaking up is all. Hope y'all understand my decision? :(
They aren't being rude, it's called constructive criticsm. Being rude is calling this hack stupid, or trash, if you will. Satoshi (first time using this name instead of your old one, Ash, btw! Freaking strange (in a good way)!) and Lucian are right though, they do look really out of place. It's like trying to put B/W sprites in R/B/G/Y, it just doesn't work visually.

I do like that you want to keep the game as it is the way people like it or not, it shows good character, but to get fans and have the hack be successful make the people happy. Sadly, that's how getting a hack to be very successful work, in my own opinion. Though other hacks did their own thing and got successful too (Hyetology).

One final thing, why do you have all the betas up for download, people always go for the newest version, and that's not my opinion, that's the truth. Good luck with the hack though, use all the stuff you learned from this here and complete this fully, if you decide to make another hack, keep going forward, as with time and honing hacking skills, you could make an even better hack, one you possibly couldn't begin to realize what you have made.

SuperOrigin

Legendary
Years
I apologize for overreacting before, I had no idea it was just criticism :( Sorry about that everyone :(

Btw, I just finished the 8th Gym Pokemon and script so a new Beta will be up soon :)

NewMew

Sephiroth
Years
Dude upload this next beta and ill give it a go. Alot of people like the old sprites "nostalgic :)"..... ohhh and i have a question before i download, is all the sprites from red/blue in this hack?

Last edited:
Years
has anyone played this? i was wondering why beta 4 is only 1.4 kb while the other betas exceed 200 kb?

is there a pokemon Quest ROM? where can i found one?
TIA!

SuperOrigin

Legendary
Years
@cacelyn To play Pokemon Quest Version:

1. Find a clean Pokemon FireRed rom
2. Then follow this tutorial on how to patch - http://destinedjagold.webs.com/howtopatch.htm

Btw, Hello Everyone :) Just letting you guys know that I made a 151 Pokemon edition of Pokemon Quest Version. The 151 Pokemon edition is just like Pokemon Red/Blue. Pokemon Quest Version 151 is now available for download under attachments! :) Hope you all are enjoying playing Pokemon Quest Version? :) Don't worry, I'm still working on Pokemon Quest Version :)

Last edited:

NewMew

Sephiroth
Years
Patch 4 does not work :/ patch 3 and 151 works fine but not the 4th. Whats the eta on patch 5?

Back