• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon RetroBlue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Domin-8

aka Unoringinally Funny
Years
I have decided on making a pokeomn game with the old graphics, or if dawson gets back to me the new graphics devamped.

I am creating this game on RM2K3.

=======
Story
=======
You awake in your bedroom. It is now 15 years after Ash Ketchum has defeated Team Rocket in Kanto and 10 years after Hiro has defeated Team Rocket in Kanto and Johto. You dream of becoming the best Pokemon Trainer one day and having the chance to meet both Hiro and Ash. But it will be a long road. You have always wanted a pokemon to call your own but never got teh nerve to ask Professer Druitt if you can use one of the pokemon he lets beginning trainers adopt. You are currently watching the Leaversden Town news when out of the blue a special report comes up. Team Rocket has been resurrected and have started stealing pokemon. You notice that the screen changes to two loan trainers standings amongst Team Rocket Grunts. You recognize them as Ash and hiro. Seeing those two battle you get the gumption to ask Prof. Druitt if you can get a pokemon. And so your adventrue begins.

=======
Starters
=======
Being that when Ash and Hiro recieved their pokemon Charmander/Squitle/Bulbasaur/Evee/Chikorita/Totodile/Cyndaquil were rare, they are not the starters in this game. Though through hard work you can find them. No the starters are the most unlikely trio.
This is due to the fact that they do not evolve. They are Magmar, Lapras, and Tangela( searching for another though...maybe Pinser but i think he evolves one more time). They will have the move sets from RED/BLUE and GOLD/SILVER. Since I am mixing those main characters in.

=======
Specs
=======
*** ? means that i do not know if i am goin to do this***
All pokemon from the RED/BLUE and GOLD/SILVER games. All the movesets.

Also the HMs from those games. (yes a fan game that does not add new hms)

All the TMs from those games.

CBS?
CMS?
(i am not a good prgrammer so those will be hard)

PC system?

New region Gull Islands, a learge formarion of islands off of Kanto( a working in progress name)

All new twons and the old towns and reagions from thw old games.

Trainer card system?

Bor or Girl? Maybe just boy

Pokemon Fusing system

==========
Amount Done
==========
NOTHING DUE TO THE FACT THE+AT I JUST CAME UP WITH THE STORY AND HAVE NOTHING TO WORK WITH

===========
Forming Ideas
===========
Whether or not just to use GOLD/SILVER chipsets( only have one though so going to be very repetive)

==========
Conclusion
==========
Will post pictures as i am getting them done. Just wondering if yo ugusy think this is a good idea.

=================
Contributing
=================
If you want to help just post saying so and stating on what you can help with.

Right now i am in need of chipsets and charaset
A good RM2K3 programmer(to create or to teach)

First Screen Shot.( Gold and Silver chip set)
( Iknow my character is not colored I will fix that)

Leaversden Town outside Prof. Druitt's Lab
LeaversdenTown1.png

Last edited:

Sorye HK

Looking around here and there
Years
  • Seen Dec 1, 2021
You know, if the story was what you really wanted checking out, I'd suggest the screenshot/story showcase thread. Good luck on this though, mate.

Domin-8

aka Unoringinally Funny
Years
I have a question for everyone who reads this.
Do any of you have tilesetmaker? I just got it and was wondering if you could save the pictures on that and then put hem on a real chipset.

Ohh and thanks for the positive reinforcement.

Years
  • Seen Oct 19, 2006
Actually, Scyther does evolve into Scizzor, and I really think you should at least start the game first. If you're still looking for rescources, you clearly weren't ready to open the thread. I like the idea of meeting the heros though. Sounds interesting.

Last edited:

Domin-8

aka Unoringinally Funny
Years
Ohhh, crap i just remebered that. Thanks dan48. Well i do have one chip set so i can kindastart the game but i am looking for others t=so it isn't repetitve. But for starters i can use it. But i can make my own.. i just wanna know if any one ahs titlesetmaker so i can ask qeustions.

Years
  • Seen Oct 19, 2006
Are you sure you wantb to make it with the old graphics. They kind of look old. Not to put down the game but I really think you should use the ones from R/S but its your descision. you could find the tilesets in the rescource thread.

There is an old sprite maker but I aint sure if there is a tileset one.

But if you really want to stick to the originals then by all means stick to the old tile sets.
Good luck.

Domin-8

aka Unoringinally Funny
Years
Well.. i am thinking that it is after R/B and G/S i should use R/S graphics. Amking it so that this game is set before those to. I might incorporate in the creadits ...like in metal gear.. where peopel start talkign about forming aqua and magam.

Domin-8

aka Unoringinally Funny
Years
yeah thats the thing.... you know what i might do is have the Gull islands use the old chipsets ( revamped ) and have Johto and Kanto have the newer sets. You know as to have the fact that the islands are far away from Kanto and Johto so they are not technically as advanced in building materials since it takes awhile to get there.

Do you guys think that would be cool. plus i think my gold set is already revamped but i am not sure being that it is the only set i have ever seen.

Years
  • Seen Oct 19, 2006
that would just be weird, because then the sprite wouldn't match the sets. I think you should just stick with one set. Maybe use Fr. and Leaf Green chip sets, since they are new, and based off the Red/ Blue. Just a suggestion.

Domin-8

aka Unoringinally Funny
Years
Yeah that is what i am going to do. Plus i will have more screenshots up in a while. I ahve been doing two major projects these couple of weeks and i haven't had any time to start my game.
Plus where do people get their systems for thier games. For RM2K3 i knwo a sight but it doesn't have that actual look of the pokemon games. I want a system that looks like the pokemon one.
Another qustion. Does anyone know if pinser evolves. Because if he does then tengela will be the grass starter.

Domin-8

aka Unoringinally Funny
Years
That would be much appreciated Akio123. I don't have an idea of what i want the towns to look like. But since they are all on islands, ranging form big to small, you can have a go.
PM me when you start to map and whenyou finish the first map. I will add you to my credits at the end.

Does anyone else want to help?
I need help with progamming. Maybe dan48 can you help me with the programming. Not doing it but teaaching me. Or if you want, since you have other stuff to do i don't think you would, you can program the three things. I can give you any supplies you mihgt need.

===========
Game Update
===========
Thinking about adding fused pokemon.. as the team rocket in this game is actually sucseesful in capturing other pokemon...they may start fusing various ones together to get stronger pokemon.

May makie it possible to even get some of these fusions.

Some my question to you.
So you think this is a good idea.

Years
  • Seen Oct 19, 2006
That would definately add to the game in a diffrent fun way. Will it be possible for you to fuse pokemon. That would be very cool.

Domin-8

aka Unoringinally Funny
Years
If i could program.
but yeah it could be possible. Like you find one of the machines giveit to your prof and start fusing.

Hmmm... I'll add it. It would jsut be like haveing a blacksmith's shop ... jsut you are fusing pokemon. I geuss there could and would have to be limitations. This game would lag alot if every pokemon could fuse with another pokemon. There is what 251 pokemon. So every Pokemon has 250 options. So 251 x 250 = 62750 possiblities. So i have to pick and choose. I geus the rare ones are out of the picture.

dan48 please pm me about my game i have some things to ask you

Domin-8

aka Unoringinally Funny
Years
Yeah, i can do fusins too but it would help to have someone else to help. Once i figure ou how many fusions possibilities there are goin to be i'll pm you. Right now i am think about not haveing opposite types fuse. Like fire and grass. But tat may chaange. Also the minimm limit that you can fuse at is 20. So i should make it so you don't have super straong pokemon when you fuse.

Ugghhhhh. This is going to be hard because people won't have the same move sets. I think i wold have to give them the stronest skills at that level from both members. Ugghhh this is going to be hard and i can't program worth ****.

AssassinX

The Royal Assassin
Years
i was thinking about making Poke'mon Time warpers, and like you travel into the older times and in the future and theres all kinds of new pokemon

Domin-8

aka Unoringinally Funny
Years
May i ask what does that have to do with my game. I can see how you meet the old trainers but if that id for your game you should make your own thread not post in someone elses thread about your game you might make.

AssassinX

The Royal Assassin
Years
May i ask what does that have to do with my game. I can see how you meet the old trainers but if that id for your game you should make your own thread not post in someone elses thread about your game you might make.
Yah sorry I had to wrong window open when I typed it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back