• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Previous PotM Winner][JUNE] What is the one quote you live by, if any?

twistedpuppy

Siriusly Twisted
Years
  • Seen Jul 18, 2015
Ahhhh! So many quotes! Hard to choose just one...ok, I got it.

"If you don't like something, change it. If you can't change it, change your attitude."
-Maya Angelou

Trev

[span="font-size: 8px; color: white;"][font="Monts
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 15, 2023
"Those who complain rarely have social lives."

Literally. It just makes so much sense when you think about it. If you waste all your whining about stuff people do, you're probably not doing anything worthwhile.

"If you can't create beauty with your face, create beauty with your mind."

I love this quote so much. It's great because it reminds me that I don't need to worry about how I look if I have a talent to back it up.

Last edited:

Joobell

Insert Witty User Title Here
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Aug 1, 2015
"If you're early, you're on time. If you're on time, you're late."
I'm rarely late for anything or at least I'd like to think so.

sρεcтяα

Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jul 23, 2013
I suppose I have two I live by:

"Start every day off with a smile and get it over with."

"Honesty is the best policy, but insanity is a better defence."

Urugamosu

Happy, and Searching.
Years
"Carpe Diem"

It's just that I should never take a day for granted, and get every minutes worth and make it something that I actually wanted to do.

Snowdrop

Back and ready to babble!
Years
"Ignorance is bliss."

It really is! I'd rather not know something if it's going to cause me distress, unless it's at the expense of another person.

I don't really know if it's a quote you can live by, but I really like this quote (which is actually a lyric from the Circle of Life of all things): "There's more to see than can ever be seen, more to do than can ever be done. There's far too much to take in here, more to find than can ever be found..." There's so much out there, life should never really be boring xD

And I absolutely love this quote, regardless if it's attached to that one movie with Jim Carey...

"How happy is the blameless vestal's lot!
The world forgetting, by the world forgot
Eternal sunshine of the spotless mind!
Each pray'r accepted, and each wish resign'd."

Kind of life ignorance is bliss, except in a much more poetic fashion :3

CC

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Mar 2, 2014
"Always put your best foot forward."

I believe that we should always do our best and I just love this quote ad it helps me when I need it.

Riolucario11

Bubbly Wubbly Pony Waifu
Years
"Take Life by the reins and steer it towards a new dawn, here you and your horse, Life, will live in happiness." -Unknown

As silly as this quote may seem, it means a lot to me, really. To me it tells me that life can be a fun, happy thing if you steer it the right way. Much like if you ride your horse into a ditch, if you ride your life into a ditch, it isn't all that great.

I live by this and I always try to be happy and to be the best I can at steering my life in the right direction, although everyone has those day's in which everything is a mess and your horse named Life has arthritis and its so hard to steer it. Sometimes you just need to give Life a kickstart, or a slap on the flank, and get it moving again!

EGKangaroo

Tail-bumps for all 'roolovers!
Years
Oh, there's a lot of quotes that have got so many cogs moving inside of my head that I'd not do the rest any justice by just picking one. Nonetheless, here are some of my favourites, which have led me to, at least at some point, alter my entire view on myself, those around me, and life and the universe, morals, values, whatever. They've shapen me as much as I wish I could shape my dearest friends around me:

"Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." ~ C.S. Lewis

"The process of becoming friends with someone -- this is what friendship is to me -- is physically removing all of that constructed emotional puddy that we make ourselves pretty to the world with and uncovering all of those rusted edges beneath, and then actually continuing to like that person, not just in spite of all that asymmetry, but because of it." ~ Hank Green

"https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fGmAekTPD5c" ~ Hank Green
(Literally every single second in this video could have been quoted and put here as an inspirational quote that I try to live by as well, but I am not gonna copy a whole video's dialogue, and that's okay too.)

"Humans -- who enslave, castrate, experiment on, and fillet other animals -- have had an understandable penchant for pretending animals do not feel pain. A sharp distinction between humans and 'animals' is essential if we are to bend them to our will, make them work for us, wear them, eat them -- without any disquieting tinges of guilt or regret. It is unseemly of us, who often behave so unfeelingly toward other animals, to contend that only humans can suffer. The behavior of other animals renders such pretensions specious. They are just too much like us." ~ Carl Sagan

"Pika Pi" ~ Pikachu

Back