• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Roleplay Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

SV

See You Space Cowboy
Years
  • Seen Feb 7, 2022
I already did Part 1 for my Escape post.

<_<

If I run into an Amnesia-like monster... I'll scream like a little girl.

>_>

Yea...that's not exactly how the RPOs work. Read over the The Rules and re-edit your post. Or post again. I'll probably end up having Skymin delete it if you won't. xD

Think of the RPOs more like a combination of fanfiction and Roleplay, where you write extended posts between the post limits, and write them all up as one single post. If you're in a group, this gives you the option of a roleplay instead of a simple single-write. Sorry for the confusion.

Last edited:

Baker's Bulbasaur

Pokemon Bard
Years
Pumped for RPO, already started work on it, but don't think I'll end up posting anything until nearer the deadline, knowing me I will keep changing things
xD

Due to the assumption that a lot of people will be dedicating their free RP'ing time to working on RPO posts, or the RP's they are already in, gonna put back the start of my own RP until after the RPO's are finished, and people don't have as much on.

Watch this space for ''Pokemon Asylum'' ^_^

Furthermore I have a question to put to the class;

When signing up for RP's, or even way into the IC, do people continually re-check others players sign up sheet and use details in them for inspiration for posts?

Specifically things like RP's that require sections for

Pokemon History:
Pokemon: Personality

Personally I believe these sections to be highly relevant when posting. I constantly make sure to recheck the sign up sheets of characters with whom I am currently, or soon to be interacting with, I believe it helps get a much clearer understanding of the character that person was/is trying to create, and therefore make your posts more relevant to them.

Especially with the two sections I mentioned above, as obviously every members character is bound to be original, even if there is a lack of detail to the information on the sign up sheet, but as people tend to recycle the same Pokemon a lot, I believe it's important to make them stand out that much more with a detailed and interesting personality and history section.

Any other views on this?

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
Years
@Greiger: I'm trying to imagine how an SCP RP would work. If it's based on the actual SCP database, then... well... Interesting things don't happen every day. That entire facility is meant to prevent exciting things from happening. Given reality warping monsters.

Secure. Contain. Protect. >_<;

Or is it based on the games where basically everything has gone straight to hell and you're now trying to avoid death, unarmed, while stuck in a top secret facility full of reality warping monsters? That sounds interesting. Sorta. I kinda imagine if lots of people joined it'd kinda break the atmosphere though.

...Or perhaps we're Class D personell? That could be... mildly interesting to pretty solid depending on how it's played?

On that note, do we play Humans or objects? Would there be any restrictions between safe, euclid, and keter? How would objects earn any interaction with anyone other than the GM considering they're generally kept separate? I personally think it would be against the spirit of SCP to play objects, as a great majority of objects are not /supposed/ to be people in any way shape or form. (In fact, there was an issue with object OCs. >_>)

I could roleplay SCP. Maybe. If it's done right. Just so I can use the word terminated. Repeatedly. I kid, about the reasoning anyway.

Greiger

A mad mind... hehe
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 1, 2023
@Yellow Well in essence the beginning of the rp will set the stage for the everyday routine of the new site. The Chaos Insurgency has been recently attacking multiple sites and has breached some of them so many scps have had to be relocated. Pretty much players will be personal on this back up site and for some time the Insurgency hasn't attacked but the site will be breached and will cause multiple SCPs to be released. In essence, survive the facility. Get out by any means. Depending on your morals either go around and help others get out or run for your life. Find documentation on the scps to survive against them.

There are only six slots so that it won't be too overcrowded, thought that if I got too many players it would indeed wreck the atmosphere.

The players can be scientists, security personal, or D-class personal.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
Well, the RPO's have begun and I am getting excited! Gonna start a massive writing spree on the weekend (days off) and just pedal to the metal and write. Anyways, that's my plan.

Anyways, like Baker's Bulbasaur, I am postponing my new RP from release until mid/late September, due to the RPO's and that many RP'ers may be burnt out after them.

Honestly, who else expected the one-lines to be the first posts up?

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Good luck in the RPO, everyone who entered or will judge!

I too have a new RP in the making (when don't I?) but I will try to keep myself from posting it until the last days of August or early September. Try. But I might fail. Teheh.

EVO 2

Let's RP!
Years
I'm looking to join a RP, one with some fantasy and has something to do with pokemon. I'm not looking for a long adventure. Damn, I had an account on this site ages ago, I haven't been on in so long it obfuscates me how I'm suppose to find a RP.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
I'm looking to join a RP, one with some fantasy and has something to do with pokemon. I'm not looking for a long adventure. Damn, I had an account on this site ages ago, I haven't been on in so long it obfuscates me how I'm suppose to find a RP.

What was your old account? :3

The best way to find a RP to join is to go look in the Roleplay Lounge for OOC threads that state that they have spots open.

You can check the last posts in the "Check to see if your roleplay has been accepted" thread, to see what RPs are the newest and maybe haven't started yet.

As many do, I'd suggest you join Pokémon Trainer Academy if they have spots open at the moment. There, you'll get to be a trainer and catch pokémon and battle and do pretty much whatever you want together with the other players. If nothing else, it might be a good way to get back into the swing of RPing.

EVO 2

Let's RP!
Years
If I remembered my old account do you think I'd have made a new account? (In a note so serious tone)
No thanks, I can't be bothered with that. I've signed up for Time&Space by Vato. It's very interesting.
Thanks anyway.

The Mega Champion

Strategist
Years
Wow really?

You guys should have explained this a bit more and made things a bit more clearly so something like this wouldn't happen.

That's not roleplaying, that's fanfiction. But whatever I suppose that's just IMO.

I don't have the time for something like that.

So... with that in mind...

I'M OFFICIALLY DROPPING OUT OF THE ESCAPE CATEGORY.

I'll post my One-Line thing in a bit.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
^Eh, it could be considered both. It's definitely fiction, but you're still roleplaying, just in one post rather than several. Though I honestly don't see how you'd have time to roleplay but not to make a single long post; it's actually less time-consuming than a being a part of a regular RP. But, I don't want to know, it's not my business and it's business I'm better off not knowing.

Years
  • Age 31
  • AU
  • Seen Feb 18, 2023
ROLE-PLAY
1. to assume the attitudes, actions, and discourse of (another), especially in a make-believe situation in an effort to understand a differing point of view or social interaction: Management trainees were given a chance to role-play labor negotiators.
Fan fiction (alternatively referred to as fanfiction, fanfic, FF, or fic) is a broadly-defined term for fan labor regarding stories about characters or settings written by fans of the original work, rather than by the original creator
So yeah, it's basically both. But, the difference is, with fan fiction, you usually make up the situation. Have more control. With this, you're given a situation and you take on the role of a character.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
I think it's definitely closer to the Role-Play definition Skymin shows :] At least for some categories. But then again, that's why the people from the Writer's Corner were invited too!

SV

See You Space Cowboy
Years
  • Seen Feb 7, 2022
Wow really?

You guys should have explained this a bit more and made things a bit more clearly so something like this wouldn't happen.

That's not roleplaying, that's fanfiction. But whatever I suppose that's just IMO.

I don't have the time for something like that.

So... with that in mind...

I'M OFFICIALLY DROPPING OUT OF THE ESCAPE CATEGORY.

I'll post my One-Line thing in a bit.

Much of this could have been avoided if you simply read the rules. They explain quite a bit. Speaking of which, the one-line event should imply that you use one line, a single sentence, and no more.

Anyways, good luck to yourself and everyone else involved in the Olympics. Bring home the gold!

Last edited:

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
Years
For the record, PTA has several Raikou Dorm spots open and as always many teacher spots open at the moment.

---

Also, here's a far more proper definition of roleplaying as a hobby.

Roleplaying: A collaborative writing endeavor in which two or more people assume roles and interact (extremely vaguely) with eachother using a turn-based system of some sort for the enjoyment of an inside audience. (The others RPing with them)

Let's contrast here:

1. Fanfiction is not collaborative by nature, though you can obviously choose to collaborate in fanfiction. (Keyword: By nature. If you're not collaborating, you're not roleplaying.)
  2. There is no assuming of roles in fanfiction. (Fun fact: The lack of assuming roles is why first person is so rare in literature. Yes, I just implied that writing from first person is actually appropriate for roleplays.)
  3. There is no turn based system for writing fan-fiction (Once again, I guess you could add it. I would presume this to be extremely rare however.)
  4. Fanfiction is written for an outside audience, consumers. Roleplaying is written for the enjoyment of those writing with you, an inside audience. (An entirely different kind audience has a huge effect on what is considered 'good' in writing. I consider this to be the biggest difference between the two.)

Yeah... I just... could not bare to let that other definition stand around. It was just so... out-of-context. >> No offense. :P

Years
What God SuperVegeta said.

And on a side note, you know you guys don't have to be super serious in the one-liners right? I mean, you can post a sentence about a guy eating cereal. And who doesn't want to see that?

SV

See You Space Cowboy
Years
  • Seen Feb 7, 2022
What God SuperVegeta said.

And on a side note, you know you guys don't have to be super serious in the one-liners right? I mean, you can post a sentence about a guy eating cereal. And who doesn't want to see that?

My associate has a very valid point. Although you have the creativity to write about whatever you want, it is not limited to serious lines. Of course, if that is what you would like to do, that is totally alright as well. Just remember, we don't judge based on how seriously provocative a line is. Actually, I have absolutely no idea what we judge this on. Who the heck came up with this event? No, I kid. I know what we judge this on. I'm God, remember?

Years
New discussion topic! Which region do you like to be in the most for roleplays?

Naturally, this boils down to what your favorite region is in general for Pokemon, but I find that some regions tend to be utilized well more than others. I think a fine example of this would be Johto. It's always Johto. In all honesty, I'm dying for a Hoenn roleplay. I miss Hoenn oh so much. xD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back