• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What's currently or usually the MVP of your team?

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen yesterday
MVP: Most Valuable Player

What Pokemon would your team not be the same without? It could be really anything; just whatever Pokemon that you value the most in your team.

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
Ferrothorn @ Big Root
Protect, Ingrain, Toxic, Leech Seed

Very helpful as a staller. It honestly is the only Unova Pokemon that has won me over enough to have a spot on my team.

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
Years
Given my love for sea-otter Pokemon - both Dewott (or any other of his evolutions) and Buizel/Floatzel cannot be missing from my team [except for my all cat team in Black] or otherwise the game isn't fun at all. Two water types in my game, it makes a real challenge to come up a with a good team for gyms/E4/Champion.

Both Pokemon must know Surf and Aqua Tail, I always teach Ice Punch to Buizel, and Ice Beam to Dewott, the last attack may differ between Pokemon.

One holds Splash Plate, the other will hold Mystic Water

Years
  • Seen May 17, 2013
Obviously Ninjask. If you don't know why I don't wanna ruin the surprise. Just wait until you face a goo ninjask leading team ... then you'll understand

NostalgiaFreak

That one Trainer
Years
Manectric. That guy has served me well. It can OHKO Garchomp with expert belt and HP Ice, and even outspeed him. He kills grass and steel walls with overheat, and stab thunderbolt never hurts. I'm surprised he isn't common in competitive teams.

Obviously Ninjask. If you don't know why I don't wanna ruin the surprise. Just wait until you face a goo ninjask leading team ... then you'll understand
Have you ever baton passed agility to a Rhampardos? It's hilariously powerful.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
Yanmega, 100%! I use him on every team he's eligible for since he's just such a surprisingly good Pokémon. You'd never expect him to sweep well given his stats, but if you set him up properly he'll often win you the match. He's not the most reliable Pokémon out there, especially given the huge focus on Stealth Rock in the current meta, but he's a Pokémon that I never make a team without. I suggest giving him a go to anyone that hasn't - he can even work well in an OU team despite his tier.

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
Years
Recently I've been using Dusclops on a lot of my teams. Seismic Toss/Pain Split/Will-O-Wisp/Substitute seems to get things done. He's not used a lot because of his awful Hp and lack of reliable recovery (And being outclassed by Cofagrigus) but he can still be viable member to any team.

Nolafus

Aspiring something
Years
For my mono-grass team my MVP's are Breloom and Jumpluff. Breloom is a popular choice, but Jumpluff is almost always a surprise. I can usually sweep teams with either one and have won a couple tournaments thanks to these guys. I couldn't think of building a grass team without them.

KradTone

Ace Trainer
Years
I gotta say my team cannot be the same with my Haxorus or Scizor. *still runs focus band bullet punch scizor* Without Haxorus, there's no meaning to dragons to me, unless you show me a Hydreigon xD

KorpiklaaniVodka

KID BUU PAWAA
Years
Stoutland is awesome on my sand team:

Stoutland @ Choice Band
Trait: Sand Rush
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
Spr_5b_508.png

- Return
- Fire Fang
- Wild Charge
- Superpower

With a good base 100 Attack and doubled speed in sand, Stoutland is a very good revenge killer in sand. Return is the main STAB move and puts a serious dent in anything that does not resist it. Fire Fang threatens Ferrothorn and Forretress, Wild Charge OHKOes Gyarados and 2HKOes Skarmory and Jellicent, and Superpower is for Rock-types and Steel-types not mentioned above. The Smogon website says Crunch should be used over Fire Fang, but I personally prefer Fire Fang because Gengar does not enjoy Wild Charge anyway, Jellicent is weak to it, Sableye is neutral to it and the rest of the ghost-types are not common in OU. The only use Crunch would have is if I'm fighting a Golurk, which is very rare.

FSNW5yiFrXVXqv

Used to be: Any bug pokemon with good coverage.
Now: A Rattata/Raticate bred to learn the egg move Flame Wheel. Gotta love how my imagination tells me "that's friggin awesome!"

I still use that kind of bug pokemon... but recently, Rattata/Raticate just snatched the big spotlight.

Back