• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Team Umbra

Gumminosus

Team Umbra Leader
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Jun 26, 2015
Team Umbra

Introduction

Hello everybody, my name is Gumminosus (Obviously not my real name). I'll cut to the chase here, I need people. Not exactly extremely skilled people. I'm not looking for the scripter of Light Platinum, but someone with an adequate amount of experience. I intend for this to be a learning experience so don't be afraid if you think you have no skill, I'm sure you do (Or at least the capacity to learn). So if you're interested, please apply. Anyways, the reason I'm organizing a team is for a my plan to make a Fire Red hack called Pokemon Umbra. A basic summary is below, but if you're interested, I have a full story line already written, so just ask. I also have all of the characters figured out, along with what the region is going to look like, and descriptions of all the towns. Just ask for those too, I'd be happy to show you. The problem is I don't have the experience to turn it into a hack... So that's why I need you guys!

Storyline

It all starts as a seemingly normal day in Violet Town. You wake up to find your friends playing outside. You say goodbye to your mom and walk out there to find your friends... POKEMON BATTLING? Until now you and your friends weren't allowed to have Pokemon. But as you're watching your friends battle, some bully shows up and takes out all of your friends. When he finds out you don't have a Pokemon, he dares you to run down to Sonno Lake and steal a Pokemon from Professor Yarnold. So after some battles ensue, you decide to leave home and take a trip around the Caelum Region with the Pokemon you took. But as you travel through this region, you start to see a side of it not visible in your rural cut off village. Crime, fierce battles, and an ancient cult, revived by the ideal to wipe the world of all Pokemon... Except for dark types?

Inspiration

Ever since I was 9, I was using emulators to play GBA games. But when I found out there was a whole community of people that CREATED Pokemon games? I was enthralled. So for 4 years I've been honing my hacking skills, but never being able to put them to much use. So I came together with an anonymous friend of mine and we started creating a story we thought was genius as well as believable. The inspiration for the story comes from my favorite type being dark type (My favorite Pokemon is Umbreon) and the idea that I could create something that resembles a genocide case, but only PG, so I went with a cleansing of the Caelum region of all Pokemon but dark types. My philosophy is that a hack won't be good if it seems like Nintendo wouldn't approve of the idea.

Planned Features

-All New Region, Caelum
-New Story
-New Graphics
-New Heroes and 3 New Rivals
-New Music
-A Real Gaming Experience

Current Team

Director - Gumminosus
Mapping - Gumminosus
Scripting - mr.Alpha, [OPEN]
Tile Graphics - [OPEN]
Spriting - acertony
Music Hacker - manadhon

All unmentioned jobs are open.

Application

Name:
Past Experience:
Past Projects:
Skills:
Time Zone:
Availability:
Email:

Please private message me your application.
Also, use proper judgement regarding the application.
I need all the hackers I can get, no matter what your skill is. Everyone is welcome.

Thank you.

~Gumminosus

Last edited:

Edward Newgate

Everyone is a child of the sea
Years
Name: Mr.Alpha(create your own nickname for me if you want to ;))
Past Experience: I've been hacking (mostly mapping) for around 1-2 years now.
Past Projects: I've been in a team before but that team fell apart unfortunately...
Skills: Mapping (using A-Map). I can also script, but I can't go much further than the basics.
Time Zone: GMT+2
Availability: Every day about an hour or 2.
Email: given in PM.

Ace_Master_of_Turtles

Just that spriting guy
Years
Name: like real name? Tony
Past Experience: eh a couple hacks some currently working on
Past Projects: ive been working on one myself recently
Skills: Spriting just about everything
Time Zone: EST
Availability: a lot weekends mainly
Email: [email protected]

P.S. My fav pokemon is umbreon too Awmigawsh!

GreyVirgo

•=ØInfinityØ=•
Years
Name: MaxedOutFreaky
Past Experience: Well I started hacking when I was pretty young (6 I was a real Computer nerd that time) and Right now I applied to Team Prophecy Flame.
Past Projects: None. (except my ROMS that are experimented.)
Skills: Mapping,a lil' bit of Scripting,a lil' bit of spriting.
Time Zone: GMT +08:00 Taipei
Availability: 50% because of school
Email: Pm me

Back