• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Jul 14, 2020
I am using JPANs hack applier for my ROM and for setting a new healing place, I use this script

setvar 0x405A 0x405
setvar 0x405B 0x7
setvar 0x405C 0x4

However, now I need to make a healing place that isn't a POKeMON center. Cause right now when I set my healing place to anything, it will show the pokeballs and nurse joy will say her thing, anyway I can change it so when I respawn no one says anything? Please let me know! Thanks!

ep!c

Banned
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2015
Well, first of all, research the Joy-script.
Shouldn't be hard, just let me know if you need help.
Then write a checkflag or something and if this flag is true, then returns to end ;)
After that, repoint the script and you're done.

karatekid552

What happens if I push it?....
Years
I am using JPANs hack applier for my ROM and for setting a new healing place, I use this script

setvar 0x405A 0x405
setvar 0x405B 0x7
setvar 0x405C 0x4

However, now I need to make a healing place that isn't a POKeMON center. Cause right now when I set my healing place to anything, it will show the pokeballs and nurse joy will say her thing, anyway I can change it so when I respawn no one says anything? Please let me know! Thanks!

Nope sorry man. Type one of your own genius XD

Nope no way. It will go and read the location, but the script will happen. So you will need a Joy and a PC tv there somewhere to pull it off

I answered this.......... Go read JPAN's documentation. It explains this.

GoGoJJTech

(☞゚ヮ゚)☞ http://GoGoJJTech.com ☜(゚ヮ゚☜)
Years
how do you make it that a sprite follows where you walk for a short amount of time?

Use ASM to make sprites follow each other. Other than that use applymovement in an event, but the player can't control the other.

Years
  • Seen Mar 9, 2014
Hey guys I have been playing Pokemon hacks lately on VBA-M, but I have been wanting to play the hacks on my Android. Does anyone know a good emulator for an Android that also has filters such as HQx or SuperEagle?

Rezordaxx

Asks many questions!
Years
Hey guys I have been playing Pokemon hacks lately on VBA-M, but I have been wanting to play the hacks on my Android. Does anyone know a good emulator for an Android that also has filters such as HQx or SuperEagle?

Me-boy is a good one dont know about the filters..
but you should try me-boy

ep!c

Banned
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2015
Rezordaxxx...
Just take one ASM tutorial to learn the simple commands of thumb.

ldr/ldrh/ldrb, str/strh/strb, push, pop, mov, mul, add, sub, .. and take
GBAtek for BIOS functions (swi 0b for example, useful for writing)
Be creative with this knowledge and eventually research some stuff and ure done.

I dont know why people always try to request ASM-codes.. its too creative to
give one single direction.

Rezordaxx

Asks many questions!
Years
Rezordaxxx...
Just take one ASM tutorial to learn the simple commands of thumb.

ldr/ldrh/ldrb, str/strh/strb, push, pop, mov, mul, add, sub, .. and take
GBAtek for BIOS functions (swi 0b for example, useful for writing)
Be creative with this knowledge and eventually research some stuff and ure done.

I dont know why people always try to request ASM-codes.. its too creative to
give one single direction.

i dont request a code i am asking how to make a code a good asm tutorial with commands explained
i know the basics but dont know the commands and i dont know how to insert the codes

karatekid552

What happens if I push it?....
Years

Sniper

ふゆかい
Years
Hi, when I try to implement day & night system or change the title screen and
when I try to start the game, it loads but when I start the actual thing, OAK's introduction doesn't load and it hangs. Oak's bgcolor is edited. Does that has
something to do with it? Also I have JPAN's patch.

ep!c

Banned
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2015
Maybe you just insert the titlescreen wrongly?
I would also recommend you searching for freespace in your ROM, before you enter offsets into the DNS tool or unlz gba.

Sniper

ふゆかい
Years
Maybe you just insert the titlescreen wrongly?
I would also recommend you searching for freespace in your ROM, before you enter offsets into the DNS tool or unlz gba.

I always do. Most of the things I do, that free space is required for search.

Aethestode

Hacker
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Aug 14, 2023
Hi, I am having problem with the exit door arrow thingy. As you can see from this picture, it glitches. I've checked the arrow sprites, and there's no problem with it.

GREEN+HACK+BETA_03.png
GREEN+HACK+BETA_02.png
arrow.bmp

Renegade

Time for real life...
Years
Hello guys~
Can someone direct me to a "decapitolization patch" for Fire Red? I keep finding complete ROM bases for it, but no actual patches that I can apply to my already-edited ROM.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back