• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokemon Citrine

How many betas should i use, i plan on an Alpha, 2 Betas and then i final release

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

KhaosKnight

The 1 and only Khaotic Hacker
Years
  • Seen May 28, 2015
Pokemon Citrine Version

:t243:Pokemon Citrine:t243:
trio_johto.jpg

This is a Hack of
badge-emerald.png

:t244:STORY:t244:
Team Rocket Members Attila and Hun have continued their chase of Raikou into the region of Citrine. They have decided to split up and have their own teams in order to take over the whole region and finaly capture Raikou. Meanwhile you are a kid in the small town of Frostvile whose dream is too follow in the footsteps of your family and become part of the Elite Four (your 2 brothers and your sister are current members). Your older brother helps you out (just like Steven did). Throughout the game you feat both Attila and Huns plans till after you visit the Volcano, Crystal Lake which awakens Entei and Suicune, then they have a battle in the final gyms town. You have to journey to the Sky Mountain and awaken Raikou to end this fued. But when all 3 cats meet a climactic battle ensues. One of your brothers and your sister come to help you by capturing Entei and Suicune, but it is up to you to silence Raikou before the citrine region suffers irreparable damages.​

200px-Bashou5Fbuson.jpg

^Thats Hun(Left) and Attila(Right)^​

:t245:FEATURES:t245:
:pirate:Arg, Caution, thar be spoilers:pirate:

Spoiler:

:t243:TASKS:t243:
Just some stuff that comes to mind

Released the Alpha​

Edit Cycling Road - Events up to the Volcano experiance(beta will have 2 gyms)
Release Beta 1
Edit Events after Volcano- 6th Gym and maybe some sidequests(Beta will end at Fortree)
Release Beta 2​

Edit Events past Fortree - Finish the Elite Four
Release Beta 3​

Tie up looses ends then i will make a final release​

OTHER STUFF
(This is thr stuff i would like assistance with)
Find a person or program to feature the 3 cats or just Raikou in the Title Screen​

Change the name to Pokemon Citrine on the Title Screen​

Find a decent sprite editor and inserter​

Find a program to change the pokemon sprites in the intro movie sequence​

An advanced scripter(i can edit dialogue, sign posts, and make items and make NPCs give items, but i need help with the more advanced stuff)​

Some one to make me some support banners please

Thats about it for now.​

:t244:CURRENT STATUS:t244:

Well i finish the mapping for beta1. Yay!!! I am currently learning level scripting so that i can hopefully redo the gyms and such...after i redo the Gyms and gym leader and stuff i will move on to trainer editing, and then finaly the scripting. But right now i am taking a break waiting on some sprites...but in the meantime i may find a nice picture to edit make as the title screen. There is still much to do before i can finish and release.​

:t245:VERSION HISTORY:t245:

Pre-Beta/Alpha (Released 6/29/08)

Beta 1
Beta 2
Beta 3 (possibly, not sure)
Final Release​

:t243:SCREENS/SCANS/WHATEVER:t243:

Screenshots​

l_21d921bfef7a0bcfd5a6d33aeafa51d0.png

l_dbebe3fb13b66414345c29467134a22a.png
l_53b61a85f3932853db6a7c13658b129e.png

l_40b2fc8e3185ff14e0ee4b759bfe90c4.png
l_d27bb105c6e0c8ca10d98274a02bb8c5.png

l_b0c8df7c3dd91a34af06e615a9609cb1.png
l_a7fcc551161256cd2ac92c580877712e.png

l_3e69f2e84b4a5bfe67c4d9062793949b.png
l_68b76e76398075242b2c6363eb99e75c.png

l_772ebc5268389d19df886b4083fafa10.png
l_c81809864e3ff86483b887955f8ad05d.png

These arent the final screens for the towns. They may change in the next beta!

:t244:KNOWN ODDITIES, BUGS, and GLITCHES:t244:
1. the red arrow at the end of each text bar, its glitchy but it doesnt effect gameplay
2. The scripts in snowbrink city, when you leave with wally and when the dude leads you over to the gym is in the wrong place
3. The place where the female gets off of the truck is in the wrong place
4.​

:t245:TEAM:t245:
Me: planner, mapper, scripter
Cirothe: Spriter
Eveeon Wind~: Map Fixer Guy Dude​

Beta Testers
Mabbiba
Eeveon Wind~​

:t243:THANX:t243:
Dshayabusa (help with scripts & tiles)
PHO [rombase(Green Charizard might have made it)]
Mabibba (banners)​

:t244:XTRAS:t244:
(basic info, news, stuff you can help me with, random)
Everything is going according to how i planned it. i have began learning scripting and am getting better at it, thought it isnt that hard(most people make it sound like its the hardest thing to do). OW mapping is going great i have some excellent ideas i plan to implement in the next beta, though i need someone to go in a fix some tiles that i cant(like the snow in Seabreeze town from the Gym and Mart tiles). I realy need some help with spriting, im not very good with art and color editing so i need some help in that area, plus i would like some help making attila and hun sprites out of the Maxie(since he is thin he will be Hun) and Archie(since he is bulkier than Maxie he will be Attila) sprites. Well tha covers the major areas of what i need help with.​

If you want to help, post it here and i will see if i can use you. (i dont want to seem like those guys that are begging for help, but a little extra wouldnt hurt)​

Wish me luck, Khaos

:t245:BANNERS:t245:
(Want to show support for Citrine, put em' in your sig)

credit to Mabibba

[ http://i25.tinypic.com/20gh7o9.jpg ]​

:t243:DOWNLOADS:t243:
THE ALPHA IS HERE, it goes to the first gym.
(Hint: untill i get better at scripting i cant control what gym leaders and others say yet so even though your dad says go to Rustboro, instead go to Snowport...just follow the route numbers)
The RE-ALPHA is the most recent version!!!!​

Last edited:

GKS

Retired Hacker
Years
  • Seen Dec 23, 2013
Well good luck, try not to make the thread too wide. Put the screens on the next line.

ckk

Years
  • Seen Aug 28, 2009
Wow looks pretty good
all the pokemons will be awesome

KhaosKnight

Years
  • Seen May 28, 2015
Well good luck, try not to make the thread too wide. Put the screens on the next line.

Yeah i didnt know this was approved yet...but i fixed the screens(i also noticed that Baro did the same thing in the Marble thread)

I noticed that i didnt fully check the movement permissions on some of the Mt. sides and in snowport city...i will try to upload a new fixed patch if it becomes a problem

All i can say now is...WHOO i made it in the Showcase...time for sleep

Thrace

@tion
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 2, 2016
Hmmm, this hack could use a bit more work, sorry to say. You probably should have spent a bit more time practicing the basics (mapping and scripting). The story is good, but perhaps go a little slower with this hack and spend some time getting more experience with hacking.

Well the event with Kyogre, Groudon and Rayquaza won't be too hard to change. You only need to edit the OWs. If you want to change what happens then... most of it will be easy from what I remember its done all by scripting. The cinematic bit, well thats a different story. The intro cinematic can be edited with UNLZ. You just need to change all the animations.

Well I hope I haven't offended you or your hack, just wanted to say what I thought.

Bombah!

BlackDragonite
Years
Looks good, except for the mapping errors (Seabreeze Town)
And the maps all look almost the same...

But I like the story, sounds cool.

Good Luck,
Bombah!

Ps.: They are the 3 DOGS, not cats...^^

mabibba

Doooooodge!
Years
I agree with dshayabusa. This hack could use a little work. I would put my hand up, but I don't know the first thing about hacking.

Can I suggest something?
On the map of Snowbrink City, there is a rock on the left side. It makes the water's edge and the jumping over ledge (or whatever you want to call it) look... weird. I personally think that rock is not needed and could be removed. However, you can move it a little if it is I suppose.
xP But then again, I'm just a newb to this.
I do love the story though. Raikou is one of my favorite pokemon, and I adored that movie.

I however, did make a banner for you... It isn't too good, but it is my first try.

I would give show it, but I'm not allowed to do so until I get 15 posts. -shrug- So I'll just PM it to you. ^^

Good luck! I'll keep a watch on this hack.

KhaosKnight

Years
  • Seen May 28, 2015
Thank you all for our critisism, i know now where i need to improve, i hope you continue to support me

Looks good, except for the mapping errors (Seabreeze Town)
And the maps all look almost the same...

But I like the story, sounds cool.

Good Luck,
Bombah!

Ps.: They are the 3 DOGS, not cats...^^

Thank you i will try to improve the maps, and i read on bulba pedia that they are cats...Suicune is a cheetah and Entei is a lion and Raikou is a sabertooth tiger. To me they look like em...except for Suicune...he puzzles me

I agree with dshayabusa. This hack could use a little work. I would put my hand up, but I don't know the first thing about hacking.

Can I suggest something?
On the map of Snowbrink City, there is a rock on the left side. It makes the water's edge and the jumping over ledge (or whatever you want to call it) look... weird. I personally think that rock is not needed and could be removed. However, you can move it a little if it is I suppose.
xP But then again, I'm just a newb to this.
I do love the story though. Raikou is one of my favorite pokemon, and I adored that movie.

I however, did make a banner for you... It isn't too good, but it is my first try.

I would give show it, but I'm not allowed to do so until I get 15 posts. -shrug- So I'll just PM it to you. ^^

Good luck! I'll keep a watch on this hack.

Thank you very much for the banner and your support

Ok since the maps in the Alpha were a little... unoriginal i updated them and releaesd a new alpha with some tile, MP, and other fixes. It has some maps redone, like Seabreeze town, i didnt like how it was so i redid it(sorta).

I also updated the Screens to match the RE-ALPHA

I know it may have been a mistake to Re-release but i was in such a rush to release the alpha i didnt thoroughly check it enough so it was kinda messy...

Well i hope you enjoy the new Alpha and show me some support by putting the banners in your sigs...BTW i have to give an awesome thank you to mabibba for making the banners anf hopefully making more

Thanks for all of your support, Khaos

Last edited by a moderator:
Years
  • Seen Mar 1, 2010
looks like a nice rom keep up the good work
i would play it but ive got alot of games to play atm :P

KhaosKnight

Years
  • Seen May 28, 2015
I decided to give some updates and take some screens.

l_259f2441782061b2d08e7dcc77935fd3.png
l_b8c42dac22daca22efd2377c0af2432f.png
l_0306f4867f9d51f3103502e12103f0c7.png

l_d9396df29ddaf6a0a9ec0f44a29e2327.png
l_9fd5f9efa939c6983b463d2c8f898b7a.png
l_d465340072576bbcf2b2cb2d0707a5c4.png

l_a315e9acfe57540ee96afc3dc4f70863.png

The beta will be released soon, i am having a few scripting problems but i will get them fixed. I am also looking for 2 or 3 beta testers so the next beta can go of without a problem. The beta will feature two gyms and the Volcano experiance.

KhaosKnight

Years
  • Seen May 28, 2015
update

Hi khaos here just dropping a quick update.

Uh, mapping for beta 1 is complete there are a few things i need to do but for the most part its finished.

i have become a little better at scripting, i can understand most of the commands now and can implement them. Plus i made my first working script

Check .gif attachment

I still need to do spriting, finish up some scripting, and release to some beta testers...

I ONLY HAVE ONE BETA TESTER, I WOULD LIKE 3, PLEASE PM ME IF YOU ARE INTERESTED.

oh yeah, and i changed the main post so check that out every so often, and i decided to use 3 betas and then a final release so i hope you continue to support me in this project(i have seen little, and would really like to see more) I am also looking to win a HotW(i want to be the 1st Emerald Hack on the list) its just a little goal of mine :D

bye for now,Khaos

Years
  • Seen Dec 17, 2008
i could be a beta tester and find bugs and mispelled words stuff like that.

KhaosKnight

Years
  • Seen May 28, 2015
Um, which one is the more recent one?

The Re-alpha is the most recent one but the both end at the same gym, the re-alpha was just released to fix some things(though there are still some errors)

please dont make an instant judgement when playing the alphas, Beta 1 will be so much better

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 19, 2021
I tried the Re-Alpha, but, when ur about to start out in the truck, the game resets itself. :\

Years
  • Seen Oct 12, 2016
i think i encountered a glitch. before battling may. i battled pokefan miguel and after i won the player sprite was stuck to the pokefan and i became the fishing guy above him, but he turned into a golden version of the player sprite (lol). and it seemed like i was stuck in this boundry because i could move left and right but i couldnt move down to blizzkreig town. i'll PM you pics.

Rich Boy Rob

"Fezzes are cool." The Doctor
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 15, 2016
I'll try and make you those Hun and Atilla sprites. I'm not great but i've had my fare share of good'ns ;)

Years
  • Seen Mar 16, 2011
Hello! That such?
Well it seems to be good, the original history, and the script die good, worse you use many ruby's tiles.
Regards!

KhaosKnight

Years
  • Seen May 28, 2015
I tried the Re-Alpha, but, when ur about to start out in the truck, the game resets itself. :\

Hmm, well i have started this game game countless times to test things and it has never reset on me i will look into it, BTW in the truck if you are a female you get off in the wrong place, but i fixed that in the beta. but remember you have patch it to a clean EMERALD rom

i think i encountered a glitch. before battling may. i battled pokefan miguel and after i won the player sprite was stuck to the pokefan and i became the fishing guy above him, but he turned into a golden version of the player sprite (lol). and it seemed like i was stuck in this boundry because i could move left and right but i couldnt move down to blizzkreig town. i'll PM you pics.

Yes i answered your PM, it seems i mght have overwrote some data some where or something but the way you fix it is to enter a building...i have noticed this behaviour in other hacks as well....

I'll try and make you those Hun and Atilla sprites. I'm not great but i've had my fare share of good'ns ;)

Thank you very much, i am looking forward to seeing them

Hello! That such?
Well it seems to be good, the original history, and the script die good, worse you use many ruby's tiles.
Regards!

Well i wanted snowtiles for the hack, and no Ruby's tiles dont strike me as the greatest, but i like them for this hack

And a word to those playing the hack, you have to play through the events of you going to help wally catch his pokemon, then you can go west on route 3(dont forget to get the GOODS :D)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back