• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Netis Tile Inserting & Block Editing Tutorial

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alucia

Random tile/map artist
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Mar 19, 2024
i change the tiles to tileset 0-36 cus i want to use the rock tiles in set 36
i go into the block editor change the pallet to pallet 1and save tile set 2
i go into paint open it change what i want and then save it again i go back into a-map change back to tileset 1 go into the block editor and save tile set 2 so i can change it back if anything goes wrong then load the edited tiles and apply and change tileset 2 back to the default one for whichever tiles im using make sure i only edit the tiles that are in tileset 0 which never gets changed so changing the second set shouldent affect it but when i save it and test it the tiles either go really glitchy or return back to what they were origionaly
what should i do???

PokeBud

Pokemon Hacker
Years
  • Seen Feb 27, 2010
can you maybe make tut with tiles which are another colour. Because if I have tiles with another have for veredian city for veredian and that joint I at pellate 8 then comes that at pallet town.
Srry for the bad orthography. because i'm dutch

Neti

Inactive
Years
i change the tiles to tileset 0-36 cus i want to use the rock tiles in set 36
i go into the block editor change the pallet to pallet 1and save tile set 2
i go into paint open it change what i want and then save it again i go back into a-map change back to tileset 1 go into the block editor and save tile set 2 so i can change it back if anything goes wrong then load the edited tiles and apply and change tileset 2 back to the default one for whichever tiles im using make sure i only edit the tiles that are in tileset 0 which never gets changed so changing the second set shouldent affect it but when i save it and test it the tiles either go really glitchy or return back to what they were origionaly
what should i do???

phew i really dont know whats wrong... sry

can you maybe make tut with tiles which are another colour. Because if I have tiles with another have for veredian city for veredian and that joint I at pellate 8 then comes that at pallet town.
Srry for the bad orthography. because i'm dutch

i dont really know what youre requesting here^^ inserting tiles with other colors is just the same, just use another palette when exporting it

PokeBud

Pokemon Hacker
Years
  • Seen Feb 27, 2010
This is what i mean:
vraagut8.png

Neti

Inactive
Years
ah you mean the two tilesets do not have the same palettes? thats easy: export the palettes you need (in this case palette 10) from the tileset where they work and import them on the other one.
how to export and import correctly is described in my advance map tutorial i think, check out my signature.

Years
  • Seen Apr 24, 2011
thank you so much for this tutorial! I can finnaly put some revamped trees in my hack now! thanks again neti!

NTA

Where?
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Feb 10, 2012
Thread: Netis Tile Inserting & Block Editing Tutorial

does indexing have anything to do with this and if it does how?

joelvill555

Veteran pokemon trainer
Years
For some reason

when i put tile from another picture, the tiles start geting green without anything. and then the whole thing messes up and i do exactly what it says...
I'm trying to put new houses that i found on this site, and new types of grass, and trees, etc. So does anyone have time to help me if you need the tiles i can send them via e-mail or sumthing... If not then i guess i'll just keep practicing... : (

Neti

Inactive
Years
then you have the grass at the top layer, combined in 1 tile with the tree, or you have set a background or behaviour byte that makes the block cover the hero

Years
  • Seen Aug 31, 2008
I'm trying to edit a block that's in pallete 11. But it's telling me I can't since there are multiple tiles with a color. Any way around this?

Neti

Inactive
Years
that means youre using a color twice or more often in that palette. you have tto edit the palette or export it in another palette

Years
  • Seen Aug 31, 2008
EDIT: I take that back. i'm still confused. Exactly how might I go about doing that?

-Garth

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back