• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Magnitude Seven Earthquake Hits Haiti

Years
I feel sorry for those people, like others have said, it's a third world country, and it might not be able to rebuild. Things were bad enough there before, but now... damn, it is unfair to them. I can't pray for their wellbeing, due to my own beliefs, but hopefully they will be able to recover with some help.
well, knowing about the Caribbean, yes, there is a chance to rebuid, more now than before, but that doesn't mean its going to be easy. its a pity you cant pray for their help, but I hope things will get better. at least the redio sataions in the caribbean are banding together to raise money, and one of them is funding a field hospital.

Caelus

Gone
Years
  • Seen May 26, 2013
Heard this about an hour or two after it started, and it does seem pretty destructive.

My condolences goes out to those who have to go through the damages caused by this quake, and it's nice to see the amount of support people are giving on this. :]

Years
Yeah, this is on the news everywhere. It's terrible, everyone losing homes and loved ones. ;-;
I wish Haiti the best of luck in recovering this awful earthquake! :3

twocows

The not-so-black cat of ill omen
Years
For those who haven't donated and want to, you can donate to the Red Cross' relief efforts at this link (the Haitian relief program is the second one listed, but all are worthy causes). Also, you can give blood by following this link and searching locally; current supplies seem to be adequate, but that could change at any time.

Years
On Friday Secretary of State Hilliary Clinton arrived in Port-au-Prince to personally survey the damage. On Monday former President Bill Clinton will also be going to Haiti as well under is title of U.N. Special Envoy for Haiti. While there he will be helping to distribute aid. It was also announced that former Presidents' George W. Bush and Bill Clinton will head a new relief fund called Clinton Bush Haiti Fund. Despite the despair in Haiti, there are some signs of hope. Yesterday a sixteen-month-old girl was pulled alive from the rubble after being trapped for three days.

Last edited:

Spearow

mr. nobody
Years
Texted "HAITI" to 90999 and donated ten bucks, apparently. If anyone else is looking for a quick way to feel like they're helping out a little this is very convenient and I recommend you do it.

Now all there is to do is sit and feel bummed out and flick off CNN every time I see Anderson Cooper's trying-to-look-grave face telling me about some "uplifting" or "inspiring" occurrence that happened today, or some celebrity blabbing away about how we need to come together to fight this tragedy blablakbhlabj etc etc :(

Back