• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Square-Enix ☆ Fan Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

CarefulWetPaint

Doctor Lobotomy
Years
Erik, why do you do this to me. That wall of text was so huge I just decided to look for things directed at me /still dies.

Oh just do it chronologically! I know youd LOVE that experience and that'd mean you wouldnt hit KH2 for awhile again! (Do it!)

That scene was the best! How could you forget about it! I think I may watch it again as well After i finish FMA Brotherhood. It's definitely an amazing movie.
That is rather cute those to voice actors are married though *cutenesss will kill me*

Also there must be a PSP emulator somewhere! THERE MUST BE!!!!! If you find one コナンくん please tell me!!

ソラ

Im gonna be the King of the Pirates
Years
HJO sounds like he's trying to make Sora sound younger. He's growing up too fast for Sora who's only aged like 2 years tops since he first started voicing him, haha. I think Flynn sounds pretty normal. Maybe a little deeper than in the last few games but doesn't sound changed enough to be a different voice actor. Then again, I am NOT used to hearing him as Axel anymore. XD; Keiji Fujiwara is the Axel in my head now, haha.

I think you're thinking of ROMs, not emulators. You can get roms working just fine on a PSP if you know what you're doing and aren't lazy like me... but l don't think there are any emulators that play games (certainly not more recent ones like BBS) at any tolerable fps.

Yeah maybe we will see maybe it was digitally edited or something, and yeah Lea sounds like Flynn's voice but at some points he sounds similar but not like Flynn idk, Im confused all I know is. JEFF BRIDGES better be voicing his character if not, the voice actor WHO is doing this character matches so well and hopefully be good voice matching :o

Erik, why do you do this to me. That wall of text was so huge I just decided to look for things directed at me /still dies.

Oh just do it chronologically! I know youd LOVE that experience and that'd mean you wouldnt hit KH2 for awhile again! (Do it!)

That scene was the best! How could you forget about it! I think I may watch it again as well After i finish FMA Brotherhood. It's definitely an amazing movie.
That is rather cute those to voice actors are married though *cutenesss will kill me*

Also there must be a PSP emulator somewhere! THERE MUST BE!!!!! If you find one コナンくん please tell me!!

I have a friend who has something like, idk how he plays it, he is using a PSP Emulator with an ISO, but I think you need a psp system to control it or something I'll ask him, and just call me Conan. No need for the Japanese lol.

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
Final Fantasy XIII-2
spoiler: there are actual spoilers in here... it's not just formatting!
Spoiler:

Totally agree with this! I haven't bought any of the DLC because I feel like it's such a rip off :/ It's not even like they released them to expand the world after people had finished - since the first lot was released so soon after the game. If the Lightning/Snow one does actually have a definitive ending I will be kind of gutted, although I thought the normal ending was actually quite good.

ソラ

Im gonna be the King of the Pirates
Years
Good news: Kingdom Hearts 3D[Dream Drop Distance]: Mark of Mastery Edition.

• Kingdom Hearts 3D[Dream Drop Distance] Game
  • Set of 5 AR cards that unlock rare Dream Eaters and more
  • Set of 12 art cards reflection the exciting history of the series
  • Special KINGDOM HEARTS-branded Nintendo 3DS protector Case

J8NPv.jpg

It;'s 54.99 (from what someone told me). Since Japan got around 100+ dollar but it had KH3D, KHdays, and KHCoded with the Art Cards, and Protective case, and such. We aren't getting the games but Kh3D, and we are getting 5 dream eater ar cards, which japan got 2 in the game (frist print), and the special edition, and the 3DS bundle edition in Japan.

Last edited:

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
Years

Totally agree with this! I haven't bought any of the DLC because I feel like it's such a rip off :/ It's not even like they released them to expand the world after people had finished - since the first lot was released so soon after the game. If the Lightning/Snow one does actually have a definitive ending I will be kind of gutted, although I thought the normal ending was actually quite good.
Apparently they do not have definitive endings so the only person I know who actually bought them thinks there will be a FFXIII-3. I don't know what to feel about this.

I hated the ending.
Spoiler:

J8NPv.jpg

It;'s 54.99 (from what someone told me). Since Japan got around 100+ dollar but it had KH3D, KHdays, and KHCoded with the Art Cards, and Protective case, and such. We aren't getting the games but Kh3D, and we are getting 5 dream eater ar cards, which japan got 2 in the game (frist print), and the special edition, and the 3DS bundle edition in Japan.
SO EXCITED.

I wasn't going to pick up the English version at all but I'll definitely be pre-ordering this. I can pawn off my English copy to one of my friends but I'm sooo glad I can get all the extras that came with the 10th Anniversary collection in Japan for a fraction of the price and I won't have to buy Re:Coded again! \o/ YES!

(I mainly just want that cover, unf.)

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
Apparently they do not have definitive endings so the only person I know who actually bought them thinks there will be a FFXIII-3. I don't know what to feel about this.

I hated the ending.
Spoiler:

I haven't done all the Paradox endings but I was under the impression (I think from an interview or something?) that the final ending is the 'true' ending and that there will be no sequel.

The 'To Be Continued' thing is likely in reference to the paradox events / DLC rather than the story itself. Depending on when Versus is set it could also be referenced then? I would rather not have XIII-3. Ivalice was much better than Pulse/Cocoon.

CarefulWetPaint

Doctor Lobotomy
Years
Cool Conan if your friend has one point me in the right direction!
And man that edition looks pretty cool, with all that artwork and special case and such (I really don't want to get a 3ds yet but thats making me want one!!!!)

And are you guys actually saying that FXIII didn't have a real ending that made you feel like the game was complete!@!@! Thats ridiculous! Whats the point of a game that has no real ending!?

Cherrim

Years

I haven't done all the Paradox endings but I was under the impression (I think from an interview or something?) that the final ending is the 'true' ending and that there will be no sequel.

The 'To Be Continued' thing is likely in reference to the paradox events / DLC rather than the story itself. Depending on when Versus is set it could also be referenced then? I would rather not have XIII-3. Ivalice was much better than Pulse/Cocoon.
I'm pretty sure they said somewhere that they didn't really have plans for a XIII-3 which is why I assumed the DLC had to finish everything up.

I'd be okay with the ending if they hadn't tossed that "to be continued" in.
Spoiler:

And are you guys actually saying that FXIII didn't have a real ending that made you feel like the game was complete!@!@! Thats ridiculous! Whats the point of a game that has no real ending!?
Well, plenty of games don't really have endings, but it's just rarely RPGs with heavy story. :P I'd have expected this from FFXIII since I never felt its story was very strong, but XIII-2 handled things so much better all the way up to the end. I just felt the end was very inappropriate/unfitting given the rest of the game.

PokeGirlBel

Avengers Assemble!
Years
I tried to get into FF 13 but the battle style made me hate it. Sad since the game looked amazing and the beach in 13-2 look wonderful

Riku

Who cares to know, eh Bubbles?
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 22, 2021
I'm questioning the worth of the KH3D MoM Edition... Is it really worth the extra 15-20 bucks? :x

The battle system in XIII is kinda boring at first as well as frustrating to a degree for me. The sequel did make improvements though: Love the fact that you can switch leaders from Noel and Serah.

Cherrim

Years
Cases are usually $15-20 by themselves. If I remember correctly, they came out with one for Days that featured Xion, Axel and Roxas on the clock tower and it was $25.

So yeah, I'd say so. :x Though if you don't like art, don't care about owning the cards yourself (you'll be able to read them from a computer image when someone inevitably scans them), and won't use the case... no, I doubt it is worth it. XD; But money-wise, yeah, it's definitely worth it.

Riku

Who cares to know, eh Bubbles?
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 22, 2021
See, I've already been promised a case for it from a friend once they sell thei 3DS, and it doesn't conflict with the Zelda design of my 3DS xDD; I'd really just be in it for the art cards and AR Cards. Plus, I'm wanting to get the strategy guide, too, and I've already pre-ordered it, so I'm guaranteed a Dream Eater :x

Idk. We'll see when it gets closer to that time :B

Cherrim

Years
Ah, well then, I'd just skip out on it. :P The reason I'm so excited about the case is because I couldn't get the limited edition 3DS that came out in Japan (it would have been like $600 with taxes and shipping fml XD) so my DS is bland and boring. So the case is the next best way to show off that I like KH! It's the main reason I want the thing. I don't even know if the AR cards will work with my version of the game (and by then I'll probably have all the Dream Eaters anyway--I think I have all the exclusives save the ones that came out with magazines) and the postcards... well, I'm sure they're lovely but I have the postcards from some of the other game releases and I don't even know where they are... so... XD;

Cid

Years
I WANT TO REPLY to Lightning's wall of text. I just need time. D:

Yeah. Pretty sure. I know KHI posted an interview with him from Conji 2012 this year where he said he was voicing a "...relatively small role in the game that's not out yet... Xehanort. Young Xehanort?" or something to that effect... Granted, he was grinning ear to ear when he said "small role," so he might have just been being pretty facetious about the size of the part, idk =b
It's also in most of the KH wikis, even in IMDb so it's been a really huge rumor. I actually sat through the whole Anime Conji 2012 interview, caught him saying that. I really think he was only referring to BBS. He doesn't sound like YMX in the KH3D trailer at all. It would be a surprise if it really was him.

Honestly though YMX didn't sound that good.

I skimmed through it. my head hurts hahah.

Oh yeah about Days, I forgot about that, but yeah.
Sora's voice seems a bit off imo, like HJO's voice but it feels like it isnt, and Lea sounds off too a tiny bit Idk if quinn flynn returned as Lea, but idk. We'll see. and YMX is David WHUT!?
I'm currently working on a reply for it right now, haha.

It's still HJO based on that same interview I linked above. He probably hasn't done the voice this long for quite a while and maybe was out of practice. Lea still sounds the same, in my opinion.
HJO sounds like he's trying to make Sora sound younger. He's growing up too fast for Sora who's only aged like 2 years tops since he first started voicing him, haha. I think Flynn sounds pretty normal. Maybe a little deeper than in the last few games but doesn't sound changed enough to be a different voice actor. Then again, I am NOT used to hearing him as Axel anymore. XD; Keiji Fujiwara is the Axel in my head now, haha.
This. I did notice he sounds as if he raised Sora's voice a little, or just made his delivery of lines more child-like. And that's understandable. You pretty much play the games in Japanese most of the time. XD

This was a pleasant thing I recently found out from Lightning. So cute.

I heard the normal ending was horrible. It just paved way for DLCs and cemented the fact that most of FFXIII-2 was just a pile of scraps from all the "This feature will be unlocked by an upcoming DLC." or something. And I hear the last DLC has an even worse ending. D:

What is happening to Final Fantasy? :(

J8NPv.jpg

I probably won't get this. I really want that case and the rare Dream Eaters but yeah. :'(

I hated the ending.
Spoiler:
That was quite expected. Not that anyone would buy all the DLC that probably sums up to almost twice the price of the game itself.

Spoiler:

Ivalice > Pulse/Cocoon. I sure wish they realize this. I don't even want them to make a sequel in the FFXIII universe anymore. :( Unless they unbelievably pull it off well enough.

I'm pretty sure they said somewhere that they didn't really have plans for a XIII-3 which is why I assumed the DLC had to finish everything up.

I'd be okay with the ending if they hadn't tossed that "to be continued" in.
Spoiler:

Well, plenty of games don't really have endings, but it's just rarely RPGs with heavy story. :P I'd have expected this from FFXIII since I never felt its story was very strong, but XIII-2 handled things so much better all the way up to the end. I just felt the end was very inappropriate/unfitting given the rest of the game.
Gah. They were probably making the game without a definitive ending. I'm sure it was all okay until the idea of DLCs hit them.

It's sad because I actually liked FFXIII's battle system. It almost looked as if they improved it in the sequel.

Cherrim

Years
I WANT TO REPLY to Lightning's wall of text. I just need time. D:
I know that feel.
It's also in most of the KH wikis, even in IMDb so it's been a really huge rumor. I actually sat through the whole Anime Conji 2012 interview, caught him saying that. I really think he was only referring to BBS. He doesn't sound like YMX in the KH3D trailer at all. It would be a surprise if it really was him.

Honestly though YMX didn't sound that good.
Actually, KH Insider is saying Benjamin Diskin might be YMX. (Apparently you can't link to specific news articles there but should be on the front page, still. I have no idea who this guy is. XD;
I heard the normal ending was horrible. It just paved way for DLCs and cemented the fact that most of FFXIII-2 was just a pile of scraps from all the "This feature will be unlocked by an upcoming DLC." or something. And I hear the last DLC has an even worse ending. D:
Even worse? I haven't really heard much about the endings for the new DLC except that they don't finish off the story like I expected they would. I'm so not buying them, though, so I should really just look them up on Youtube tomorrow.
That was quite expected. Not that anyone would buy all the DLC that probably sums up to almost twice the price of the game itself.
Yeah, one friend I have who's been keeping up with all the DLC religiously says he's spent about as much on that as he did on his collector's edition of the game. And that thing ain't cheap. :P
It's sad because I actually liked FFXIII's battle system. It almost looked as if they improved it in the sequel.
Honestly, if you liked XIII's battle system, XIII-2 is worth the money. It's pretty cheap now (I've seen it $15 used some places) and the battle system is just amazing. It takes everything that was good in XIII and improves it and everything that fell short (no switching party leader in battle, having to wait so long to go wherever you want in the crystarium, etc.) has been fixed. The game itself is a lot more open and engaging plot-wise. It had a disappointing ending, for sure, but getting there was so satisfying. :x

Cid

Years
First reaction was, who the heck is Benjamin Diskin? XD But I think I heard him as Harm in Young Justice (don't judge me) and his voice was okay-ish there. I don't know about YMX. And weren't they supposed to translate "Issho ni ikou." as "We'll go together." instead of "Come with me." for that scene at the end of the trailer? Why would they mess that up. D:

I sort of get that impression around the internet, surfing as my only basis.
I was reading a blog post about it.

Sigh. I pity your friend. Then again if I loved a franchise that much, had the dedication and money.

I see. I did like seeing the videos that described it, especially the gameplay. I'm not sure if the time-travel plot sounds entirely engaging but I guess I'll manage. And you're right, it really is all about getting there. I'll just pretend the ending didn't happen.

Cherrim

Years
First reaction was, who the heck is Benjamin Diskin? XD But I think I heard him as Harm in Young Justice (don't judge me) and his voice was okay-ish there. I don't know about YMX. And weren't they supposed to translate "Issho ni ikou." as "We'll go together." instead of "Come with me." for that scene at the end of the trailer? Why would they mess that up. D:
Omg did they really? I think by that point I was still baaawing over the failed Roxas-trying-to-quote-Axel translation. It's definitely supposed to parallel Riku (?) in the first game, right? x_X This isn't the first time they've botched a translation that was supposed to match up with something earlier. Though I guess this isn't as bad as transliterating the Organization's original names wrong in KH2. (I was only reminded of this when I was on Braig's kh wiki page the other day and saw his name was originally Bleig in english lmaooo.)
Sigh. I pity your friend. Then again if I loved a franchise that much, had the dedication and money.
As I told him: I can't really judge him because if they ever do this with KH, they will get all of my money. All of it. As if they haven't already.

Though, I guess I sort of can judge him a bit because if XIII-2 is successful with this DLC business model, you just know they're gonna apply it to all their games.
I see. I did like seeing the videos that described it, especially the gameplay. I'm not sure if the time-travel plot sounds entirely engaging but I guess I'll manage. And you're right, it really is all about getting there. I'll just pretend the ending didn't happen.
I could probably tell you the exact moment to turn off your TV and stop watching the end to be content. They had a perfectly good ending point (wouldn't wrap up every loose end but wouldn't be super depressing) at one time. :P

Cid

Years
Omg did they really? I think by that point I was still baaawing over the failed Roxas-trying-to-quote-Axel translation. It's definitely supposed to parallel Riku (?) in the first game, right? x_X This isn't the first time they've botched a translation that was supposed to match up with something earlier. Though I guess this isn't as bad as transliterating the Organization's original names wrong in KH2. (I was only reminded of this when I was on Braig's kh wiki page the other day and saw his name was originally Bleig in english lmaooo.)
YES! D: And that Roxas/Axel scene at the Clock Tower you described inside the wall of text, I laughed at the comic and I really wish they kept it. :[ I think it was supposed to be a parallel, then again it was Sora who said that line in the KHII ending. That reminds me. Do I really have to put that in spoilers? It's been ages since KHII was released. But it was also the last line in the first game's secret ending ([Another side, Another story...]) with Kairi's school uniform all prehistoric! I think. So I really believe they should have kept the line. But yeah, they have done some of this in the past, although to a lesser degree. And Bleig, really? XDD

As I told him: I can't really judge him because if they ever do this with KH, they will get all of my money. All of it. As if they haven't already.

Though, I guess I sort of can judge him a bit because if XIII-2 is successful with this DLC business model, you just know they're gonna apply it to all their games.
Please don't make them do this with KH! Especially not KHIII! I will die. D:

That's why they're not supposed to promote this sort of DLC craze. It doesn't do the games any good, it's just easy money for them. :(

I could probably tell you the exact moment to turn off your TV and stop watching the end to be content. They had a perfectly good ending point (wouldn't wrap up every loose end but wouldn't be super depressing) at one time. :P
That would be great. :D And if they did, I can't believe they continued it for the heck of DLCs, I mean, don't they respect the fans enough?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back