• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

*~Shiny & Tough~ (Steel-Type Fan Club)*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Mar 13, 2023
Welcome Rambagos to the club, my friend. We currently have a quiz & it ends by midnight so you better hurry if you wanna take it.

And to all of you that have answered it, all of you have been very supporting & most of you have lots of correct answers, good job, guys.

To the answer to my own topic: Well, just a simple answer will do, I'll go with Ferrothorn. Just like what Aryan had said, I agree with his logic.

One last thing, Hikari10 is on a hiatus from PC for about one year so we have temporarily lost a member but I'll still be able to contact her. if any of you would like to send her a message, please inform me.

Greenbeans

Guardian of Le Foret
Years
Hello everybody, you can call me Jericho! In my pokemon black game the first pokemon i traded for was my scarmory and i raised it to lvl 100 and it was the first pokemon on that game that i did that with. So i am proud to say that a steel pokemon has been my ally from the very begining.

Username: Jerichob10 (call me jeri or jericho)
Partner Pokemon: Scarmory
Answer to current topic: I think the best steel legendary is dialga because of its look and its power. It is a great pokemon overall and deserves more attention then it gets.

Psystar63

☆ || [The Wandering Star] || ☆
Years
Answering the Topic:

I think Ferrothorn will will because it can Leech Seed and Ingrain for health and can even Iron Defense for Defense. It can even use Bulldose while most of the KlinKlang moves are no t very effective on Ferrothorn.

Agreed. Most of the moves Klinklang can learn aren't very useful against a Steel/Grass type like Ferrothorn. And yeah, like Aryan said, Ferrothorn can learn Bulldoze, so Klinklang can't do much. Klinklang has OK Base Attack and Defense, but its Defense is nothing compared to Ferrothorn's 131 Base.

Rainbow Arcanine

now known as aslan
Years
To answer the newest topic:
I'm going to agree with everybody else so far and say that Ferrothorn would most likely win.With all it's strategic and healing moves like Leech Seed and powerful physical moves Klingklang just doesn't stand a chance.

It's stats are better overall as well.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
WHY IS BISHARP THE FEATURED POKEMON I DO NOT AGREE WITH THIS BISHARP IS SCARY. :(

Anyway sorry guys, been away at freshers for the past week but I'm back! I seem to have missed a fair few topics for which I apologise and I'm not certain which ones are currently dead, so I'll just answer the new one instead and post properly next time :D Ferrothorn vs Klinklang eh? Honestly I know next to nothing about Klinklang, but from what I understand it's supposedly not a very strong Pokémon at all when it comes to competitive battling whereas Ferrothorn is a beast... Although Ferrothorn relies mostly on it's set up moves like Spikes iirc? So it wouldn't really get the change to use those which would be a big disadvantage. I'm not certain that Klinklang really has many moves capable of doing mass damage to Ferrothorn based on Ferrothorn's typing, whereas Ferrothorn (as said above) does have moves like Leech Seed to deal a constant stream of steady damage... Although Klinklang is known for it's unique power up moves, so I reckon if it could survive a few rounds of Ferrothorn's attacks (which it most likely could given Ferrothorn's attack and Klinklang's bulk) and get time to boost it's stats, I reckon Klinklang could probably come out on top with some hard-hitting stat-boosted moves. Plus worst comes to the worst it can learn Rock Smash ;p

Years
  • Seen Dec 6, 2012
Hi!

Username : DoraDAZ3R3D.
Partner Pokemon : Lucario and Scizor
Answer to current topic:
Who is your favorite Steel type legendary?
I have none (Yeah, I know, I'm a boring player...)
Who is your Least favorite Steel Type legendary?
Heatran, because of its design

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
Hi!

Answer to current topic:

Hi, welcome to the club! May I ask why you chose Lucario and Scizor as your partners? :o And you must have a favourite Steel type legendary! It's just the one that you hate less than all the others :D How about Jirachi, do you like that? Or Dialga? You must have a preference! If you only had one space left on your team and you had to choose between Registeel, Steel-Arceus, Jirachi, Heatran, Genesect, Cobalion and Dialga, which would you choose? That'll give you your answer :D As for not liking Heatran's design, I kinda love it myself so it'd be awesome if you explained why you don't like it and maybe you'll be able to show us something we haven't seen before xD

Years
On current topic :
i agree with everyone.
I think Ferrothorn can easily defete klinklang with Bulldoze attack.

Years
  • Seen Dec 6, 2012
Hi, welcome to the club! May I ask why you chose Lucario and Scizor as your partners? :o

Their design it's cool and sexy. Yeah, I said it, sexy! :D lol
I like a lot edgy and aggressive design, so they're my favorites in the steel type category.

And you must have a favourite Steel type legendary! It's just the one that you hate less than all the others :D How about Jirachi, do you like that? Or Dialga?

Jirachi is not bad.. but the "PKMNtrainer girl liking the cute Pokemon" it's just too cliché, so.. no. ^^;
...I'll say Dialga, then :)

As for not liking Heatran's design, I kinda love it myself so it'd be awesome if you explained why you don't like it and maybe you'll be able to show us something we haven't seen before xD

Okay, I'll go.
He's a fire/steel type a good contradiction, so he has less types to be weaker to, but ground types will always win against him. This is appealing, but it lacks in appearance. Appearance AND power matter to me, I won't chose a pokemon if it lacks in one of these and so I wouldn't chose Heatran.
...Talking about its appearance... I don't like the whole design, teeth, eyes that "helmet" or "horns", as you prefer and colors.
Don't ask me how I would re-design him, because it would be a long description to write, but one of the first things I would do it's "slenderize" it :D lol

Years
On current topic
Yep, Ferrothorn is strong. It can easly defeated Klinklang for sure. So I should give it more detail? Oh sorry, I can't do that. I don't understand a huge detail about compet battle. As well look at their design and type, I think Ferrothorn will be the winner. After all, I always support Ferrothorn because those Pokèmon is my partner Pokèmon in this club. I won't dissapointed you my beloved Ferrothorn lol

Avishka

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
Hi!

Answer to current topic:
welcome to the club, Daz!!
u like lucario? me too
it is an awesome Pokemon<3 <3

Klinklang VS Ferrothorn, who will win?
I'm going to agree with everybody else so far. Ferrothorn is strong. It can easily defeat Klinklang for sure.It's stats are better overall as well.

Years
  • Seen Dec 6, 2012
welcome to the club, Daz!!
u like lucario? me too
it is an awesome Pokemon<3 <3

Klinklang VS Ferrothorn, who will win?
I'm going to agree with everybody else so far. Ferrothorn is strong. It can easily defeat Klinklang for sure.It's stats are better overall as well.

Hi ^^
Yeah, he is! :3

About the current topic:
Klingklang VS Ferrothorn.
Both are steel type, but one is also grass type.
KlingK. has good attack and defense, while Ferrothorn has good def and sp def and higher stats, compared to the first pokemon.
I think that if used properly, Ferrothorn may anyways have better chances to win against Klingklang.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
What steel Pokemon is the most underrated?

That's a tough question, a whole load of Steel types are very underrated imo. I would say Bronzong, but I have seen it used on occasion so I guess it does have some press... So I'm going to go with Registeel - that's a Pokémon that I rarely see used but has huge potential to deal a lot of trouble for the enemy. Registeel's stats may make it seem like he's only good for one thing, and to be honest that is really the case, but he is very good at what he does best. Registeel makes an outstanding counter for a whole range of Pokémon boasting incredible defences and the perfect move pool for a stalling Pokémon, so against the right team he's an utter beast to fight. Moves like Stealth Rock, Toxic and Seismic Toss make Registeel a perfect staller so he's always got a reliable set to use. However, Registeel can also boast some diversity - using moves such as Curse, Iron Head, Rest and Earthquake, Registeel can be used for a much wider range of positions in the team and can really surprise most enemies. I can think of many more underrated Steel types, but I'd say this brute is the best example. What do you guys think?

Aryan143

The Fennekin Fan!
Years
Answering the topic:

Until the 4th Gen, the most underrated Steel Type was Mawile because it can learn only a few Steel type attacks and a lot of dark type attacks. People could not make use of its Attack. It gets a lot of improved in Gen 4th and later on so the the underrated Steel Type for these Gens is probably Registeel with the same logic AlexOzzyCake said.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
Until the 4th Gen, the most underrated Steel Type was Mawile because it can learn only a few Steel type attacks and a lot of dark type attacks. People could not make use of its Attack. It gets a lot of improved in Gen 4th and later on.

Hmm, Mawile is actually a pretty fascinating Pokémon to me, I've never really given it much of a thought when thinking about Steel types and yet it's such an interesting Pokémon.

tumblr_mc6hmwoNqg1rvez0m.jpg

So, I have a few questions... What exactly makes Mawile a pure Steel type? Is it just the hair thing...? And what exactly is that long hair thing anyway? It looks like a huge pair of jaws but that just seems utterly ridiculous so does anyone know? And another question; with a base stat total of 380 and only two decent stats (decent only being 85 in this case), how can Mawile possibly a good Pokémon to use in battle? Does anyone have a Mawile that they've used previously that they'd like to describe? It'd help a lot in understand this... thing. xD I get that the whole idea of this Pokémon is trickery and deceiving, but it's moves don't seem to reflcet that... Although if anything I'd say it should be Steel/Dark, or at least Steel/Normal - it doesn't warrant being one of the only three pure Steel type families in my opinion :p

Anyone have any thoughts about this puzzling Pokémon? :3

Psystar63

☆ || [The Wandering Star] || ☆
Years
Hmm, Mawile is actually a pretty fascinating Pokémon to me, I've never really given it much of a thought when thinking about Steel types and yet it's such an interesting Pokémon.

tumblr_mc6hmwoNqg1rvez0m.jpg

So, I have a few questions... What exactly makes Mawile a pure Steel type? Is it just the hair thing...? And what exactly is that long hair thing anyway? It looks like a huge pair of jaws but that just seems utterly ridiculous so does anyone know? And another question; with a base stat total of 380 and only two decent stats (decent only being 85 in this case), how can Mawile possibly a good Pokémon to use in battle? Does anyone have a Mawile that they've used previously that they'd like to describe? It'd help a lot in understand this... thing. xD I get that the whole idea of this Pokémon is trickery and deceiving, but it's moves don't seem to reflcet that... Although if anything I'd say it should be Steel/Dark, or at least Steel/Normal - it doesn't warrant being one of the only three pure Steel type families in my opinion :p

Anyone have any thoughts about this puzzling Pokémon? :3

According to it's Pokedex entry in Ruby:

MAWHILE's huge jaws are actually steel horns that have been transformed. Its docile-looking face serves to lull its foe into letting down its guard. When the foe least expects it, MAWHILE chomps it with its gaping jaws.
(Yes it says MAWHILE! Typo?)

But I still don't get its huge jaws. Was that the result of some evolution? I wonder if it can actually eat through those things, or if they're just for show.

Anyway, I think I had a Mawile once on my Ruby team for a little while, before I realised it wasn't much of a battler. I did use my Mawile in Beauty contests though. A lot of the moves it knew were pretty good for Toughness Contests, especially the Stockpile-Spit up/Swallow combo.

And I agree that it should be a Steel/Dark, considering it's design is all about deception. Plus, like half of the attack moves it can learn are Dark-type anyway. It's odd that a pure Steel-type would know a lot of Dark-type moves.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back