• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen The Pokéballs

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
(I don't think there's a thread for this yet, but, feel free to move or lock, or whatever)

In any case, of course there is a strong possibility of different types of pokéballs returning (ie. the classic pokéball, the greatball, the ultraball, the master ball, etc.) However, in this new game, will there be new types of pokéballs? What would those types of pokéballs be named, and what types of special effects would they have? (mostly the special effects that have not really have been introduced to the pokémon world yet).

Would the pokéballs play another special type of role in the story? Like, if you take a look at the events transpired in BW, Team Plasma and especially N was against the idea of the whole 'confine pokémon in pokéballs idea'. I know some people, including myself might of speculated that Pokemon X and Y would probably be more science and technology based, so perhaps pokéballs might be influenced with that particular theme?

BLOOOD-La-ti-

This is the place to try!
Years
The Poke ball,Great ball,ultra ball and master ball will still exist in the game ofc.
But the rest...I don't think they will exist any longer,such as, repeat ball,timer ball,dusk ball and etc.

blue

gucci
Years
I'd like for them to introduce some sort of Light Ball that works well on Pokemon with a lighter weight. There's already a Heavy Ball so why not? Plus there's just as many lighter Pokemon as there are heavier.

Ω Ruby and α Sapphire

^^ Yup. Also why only have type specified for bug and water? Can't we have fire balls, grass balls, steel balls (no pun intended) and so on? That would be cool.

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
^^ Yup. Also why only have type specified for bug and water? Can't we have fire balls, grass balls, steel balls (no pun intended) and so on? That would be cool.

I've been sorta thinking that too~

But I dunno how they should name each of them to correspond with the types you can capture. Well, maybe they can name pokeballs that are based off of certain traps. Like say... a general 'trap ball' that sorta represents a trap hole cleverly covered on a rough surface for pokemon types like... Fire, Ground or Rock. Well, those types of pokemon usually live in caves and I guess the Dusk Ball can cover that, but, it'd be coo, and clever if they had more pokeballs that are for more specific types.

Years
  • Seen Jul 18, 2016
I don't think they should do Pokeballs on all types because that's just overboard and too much but if they were to pick another two types that can go together like bug and water then I say they should go for it. I want them to come up with creative names not just completely obvious ones.

As for the new ones... I'm not sure maybe one like Moon Ball except for a different evolution stone.

Years
They should keep Dusk, Quick, Timer, etc, because they look cool and have cool animations when the Pokemon come out of them. Some new ones would be alright though.

smurf

Veteran Trainer
Years
  • Seen Jan 11, 2015
i think they should bring back the concept of being able to make your pokeballs out of appricorns i love doing that in the old games gives you a better veriety

Perico

Ripper
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jun 12, 2022
I think that a new one called "Chromo Ball" would be just amazing. It'd remind of chromosomes (because of its design) and it'd allow you to catch Pokemon easily when you send Xerneas or Yveltal to fight the Pokemon lol

I know it's no use, but I just like the name ~.~

Years
  • Seen Oct 2, 2020
I'm certain the current set will all return, and I really hope that they'll add more. I like using whatever pokeballs have the animation and shaders that, to me, best fit the pokemon, and more balls equals more animations and more shaders, so more opportunities to get really good combinations.

Years
I'd like to see all the types of Pokeballs return... that includes the likes of the Heavy Ball, Friend Ball, Quick Ball, Dusk Ball, Luxury Ball, Dive Ball, Repeat Ball and everything else really.
I like making a challenge for myself where I catch each Pokemon in a different type of Pokeball.

Years
  • Age 30
  • US
  • Seen Feb 10, 2013
Someone pointed out that on the trailer there is a part that shows some really weird round buildings that resemble the buildings used in Pokemon XD by the bad guys. Who used snag balls.

Could it be that in this game there will be snag balls? I hope not.

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
I want EVERY pokemon to return. And even have some new ones too :)

And maybe have some color balls? Like Pink ball, Black ball, Red ball etc. And those Pokeball would work better on Pokemon that are the same color as the Pokeball :)

Zayphora

Don't mess with the lights...
Years
What about a Legend Ball that works best on legendaries? Or a Mystic Ball for dragons, psychics, ghost and darks? That would be cool.

It would also be cool if we had a specific ball to catch the mascots in. I like the name Chromo Ball.

Years
  • Seen Dec 1, 2014
I would really like a feature where you can change the type of Pokeball your pokemons in.

Back