• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

21 Shiny Swablu in the Sky

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
2(A true Alabamian!): Lucario (you can catch him on the ranch... good enough?)

No, not really. Just cause it's on a ranch doesn't mean it has anything to do with Alabama. ;( Try again. Also, you can't do ultimate unless you have no STAB on all your Pokemon, not just 4/6. That wouldn't count.

Hacki101

I use too many smileys.... :P
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 14, 2014
Hahahaha. Brilliant. From that list, I would gather that you could use some sort of Grass type, Electric, or Flying. Republicans are represents by an elephant, which Donphan fits, unless you wanted that as your tusked Pokemon. Not sure what Pokemon would represent Christianity. :P We also have a diverse wildlife including deer, gophers, foxes, mice, raccoons, possums, crows, pigeons, falcons, and lots of different fish. Hopefully that helps on anything anyone else might be stuck on. I understand Alabama isn't really the most interesting place in the world, haha. It'd be easier to pick Pokemon if I lived in New York I guess. :P

No, not really. Just cause it's on a ranch doesn't mean it has anything to do with Alabama. ;( Try again. Also, you can't do ultimate unless you have no STAB on all your Pokemon, not just 4/6. That wouldn't count.

OK sorry, in that case I will use Sawsbuck (w/o STAB). Yeah I am not doing Ultimate because I want to use Walrein, I just liked the rule without STAB moves to balance out my team a little.

kosuke

Extraterrestrial DNA
Years
Username: kosuke
Game: Emerald
Ultimate: Absolutely not
Gen V FC: None

My Planned Team:
Petilil! - Altaria
Alabamian - Breloom (coz it is said that alabama is more on farming and farming means plants)
Crimson Tide Striker - Aggron
Mascot - Donphan
Musician - Electrode
Plushie - Torchic (coz you've got blaziken)

Years
Badges
50px-Basic_Badge.png
50px-Toxic_Badge.png

501.gif

Huge Plush lv. 22 @ Silk Scarf
Torrent | Serious
[ Fury Cutter, Return, Rock Smash, Tail Whip ]

50px-Basic_Badge.png
: X-Defend+ X-Attack then Tackled him to death.
nnHCu.jpg

50px-Toxic_Badge.png
: really hard with only Return but with 5-6 SuperPotion my Plushie manage to beat her.
FkbAC.jpg

I'm at Castelia City catching Petilils, searching for 1 with a good nature xD

Oh and by the way I'm playing in Challange Mode xD

Last edited:

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Hey guys! I'm going away for about a week, so I won't be able to get on and answer questions or update or any of that. I'll still be playing my challenge in my free time, but I'm not going to be getting online. So if you have a question, please double check over the rules, read other questions people have asked, or just ask in the thread and hope that an experienced challenger (preferably one that knows how I like to keep my stuff run) can help you out. If you run into any issues, don't be afraid to contact Abnegation or Razor Leaf. If they can't help you, they're both able to contact me by text so that's a plus!

Have fun, birds. <3 I should be back to celebrate my birthday. :3c

WarriorCat

Monotype lover!!!!!
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jul 30, 2014
White 2 Update 1: 1/8
35px-Basic_Badge.png

Team:
aron_zpsfa95cbd4.png

My husband traded me one of his shiny Aron (already hatched), and I'm just going to solo with it until I can get Petilil in Castelia City.

Also, due to Head Smash being an overpowered move (with recoil removed too), I'm not going to use it until later in the game.

I'll update again soon, and good luck to everyone else. :)​

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
Started on Pearl, the only Pokémon I've found to use so far is Piplup from the plushie section though haha. Turns out this challenge is harder than I thought! Beat Roark already and now level 15 with Piplup - he's not going to evolve though so he'll stay his cute little self for a while yet. I'm not expecting this challenge to be easy but ehh, we'll see how things go when I work out what else to add to the team haha.

Team
393.gif
Squiggles (Plushie) - Level 15

Comet7

Star of the show
Years
Update #2!!!
Spoiler:

Team:
Spoiler:

Last edited:

waveguidebuizel

weirdguybuizel
Years
Second update! Just beat Jasmine for my sixth badge, and we're ready to take on the red gyarados.
Spoiler:

The team so far:
Spoiler:

Riv

Years
  • Seen Aug 19, 2013
Username: Riv
Game: Pokemon FireRed
Ultimate: No

I don't have Gen 5 stuff, so don't worry about the raffle.

I'll do an Update after each gym.
Update 1:

Spoiler:

Update 2:
Spoiler:

Current Team:
Spoiler:

Last edited:

Bob III

Person
Years
21 Shiny Swablus in the Sky - Sapphire Update #1

Blaziken
Vigoroth
Walrein
Altaria
Crawdaunt
Aggron

Begin game, naming my character Bob
Pick Torchic as my starter Pokemon
Did beginning story stuff
Torchic evolved to Combusken
Caught Slakoth in Petalburgh Woods
Defeated Roxxanne with Combusken's Double Kick
Got Devon Goods from Team Aqua Grunt
Caught an Aron in Granite Cave (1/8)
Trained Slakoth and Aron to LVL 18, evolving Slakoth
Defeated Brawly (2/8)
Delivered letter to Steven
Delivered Devon Goods
Defeated Wattson (3/8)
Defeated Team Aqua on Mt. Chimney
Trained team to LVL 30
Defeated Flannery (4/8)

Team
LVL 31 Combusken
-Ember
-Peck
-Double Kick
-Scratch

LVL 30 Vigoroth
-Fury Swipes
-Yawn
-Rock Smash
-Slack Off

LVL 30 Aron
-Headbutt
-Iron Tail
-Mud Slap
-Roar

Riv

Years
  • Seen Aug 19, 2013
Well, I'm going to bed now so I didn't quite make it to a gym leader, but... UPDATE 3!

Spoiler:

Current Team:
Spoiler:

The rock head one will be a Rhyhorn from the Safari Zone and the Bandmember will be a Goldeen that I will evolve into Seaking from the Safari Zone as well.

Comet7

Star of the show
Years
Update #3!!!
Spoiler:

Team:
Spoiler:

Last edited:

Riv

Years
  • Seen Aug 19, 2013
My FireRed Emulator decided not to save correctly for whatever reason so I have to restart .-.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
Second Update
Crystal | Raven
50px-Zephyr_Badge.png
50px-Hive_Badge.png
50px-Plain_Badge.png
50px-Fog_Badge.png
50px-Storm_Badge.png
50px-Mineral_Badge.png
50px-Glacier_Badge.png
50px-Rising_Badge.png

Did quite a bit since my last update! First off was Morty, which was easy thanks to what I recall was Quilt and Asch. Chuck was next, easily taking him down with Gumdrop (who was then a Donphan, and Berry (who evolved into a Skiploom afterwards!). Jasmine across the sea was easy as well thanks to Berry and Leech Seed as well as Quilt. Then it was taking down Team Rocket where in the midst of all that Asch evolved into a Kingler and Electron into a Magneton. Then taking down Pryce with Electron and I believe was also thanks to Artemis and Asch. Finally, after walking around for quite a bit doing random things, I went and took down Claire with Asch, Gumdrop, and Berry! Now it's time for the trek to the elite four, where I'll probably train until I'm tired of doing so (knowing me low 40s sigh) before going and taking them on. Wish me luck! ♥

Spr_2c_197.gif

Artemis (Umbreon) ♀ | Favorite Subject | Level 36 @ Amulet Coin
Faint Attack, Bite, Sand Attack, Quick attack

Spr_2c_189.gif

Berry (Jumpluff) ♂ | True Alabamian | Level 36 @ Miracle Seed
Leech Seed, Synthesis, Stun Spore, Headbutt

Spr_2c_082.gif

Electron (Magneton) | The Striker | Level 36 @ Ice Berry
Tri Attack, Thundershock, Thunder Wave, Sonicboom

Spr_2c_232.gif

Gumdrop (Donphan) ♀ | Team Mascot | Level 36 @ Quick Claw
Strength, Take Down, Defense Curl, Rollout

Spr_2c_099.gif

Asch (Kingler) ♂ | Marching Musician | Level 37 @ Mystic Water
Surf, Stomp, Vicegrip, Guillotine

Spr_2c_155.gif

Quilt (Cyndaquil) ♂ | The Plushie | Level 35 @ Charcoal
Quick Attack, Flame Wheel, Smokescreen, Ember

Years
Sounds fun, I'm in!

Username: Inkblots
Game: FireRed
Ultimate: Yes

Planned team (chosen using random generators mostly, because I like a bit of surprise, haha):
Spoiler:

Day 1:
Spoiler:

Team:
Spoiler:

Last edited:

kosuke

Extraterrestrial DNA
Years
FIRST UPDATE (no picture because i am using mobile right now, sorry :P)

-started my adventure as Yveltal
-chose Blaziken, the Torchic, as my starter
-defeated May @ route 103
-caught Breloom, the Shroomish, @ petalburg woods
-defeated gym leader Roxanne
-caught a Nincada for HM purpose
-defeated May @ Rustboro city
-caught Aggron, the Aron with Rock Head ability, @ granite cave
-Breloom evolved into a real Breloom
-defeated gym leader Brawly

Current Team

Aggron the Aron (Lv 17)
-Metal Claw
-Mud Slap
-Iron Defense
-Headbutt

Breloom the Breloom (Lv 23)
-Mach Punch
-Mega Drain
-Leech Seed
-Headbutt

Blaziken the Torchic (Lv 21)
-Ember
-Scratch
-Sand Attack
-Peck
-Fo

11wildy

Me!
Years
OMG! I just caught my last Pokemn, Swinub and want to go train it. First encounter: SHINY EKANS!!!

Too bad there is no space to fit it into the team :(.

Wobbu

bunger bunger bunger bunger
Years

Update #5

Pokémon White Version 2 ▣ 21 Shiny Swablu in the Sky Ultimate

Team

Spoiler:

Progress

70px-Basic_Badge.png
70px-Toxic_Badge.png
70px-Insect_Badge.png
70px-Bolt_Badge.png
70px-Quake_Badge.png
70px-Jet_Badge.png
70px-Legend_Badge.png

After defeating Skyla, I decided to train my Zangoose in Celestial Tower. After a couple of wins, Zangoose leveled up and learned X-Scissor, which made the rest of the climb extremely easy. Next, I rang the bell and descended back to Mistralton City to board Skyla's airplane. After arriving in Lentimas Town, I did a quick level grind outside of Twist Mountain. It was during that time that I found out I couldn't catch a Drifloon there... The only way to catch one is by a 4% chance encounter in a Hidden Grotto on Route 13 :(. When I was done level grinding, I met up with Bianca inside Twist Mountain. Thankfully she healed my Pokés after every battle, which made traveling through Twist Mountain a breeze. After finishing up the mountain, I battled Hugh in Undella Town and pulled off a win. I got an Aggron after that battle :3 My next stop was Route 13, in failed hopes of finding a Drifloon... So I decided that I won't get Drifloon and headed south to Route 14 and Undella Bay for training. After defeating every tainer between there and Route 13, I went to Lacunosa Town and met up with Bianca and the Professor. I was given a myth lecture and soon found myself battling Zinzolin and Team Plasma with Hugh. When that was finished, I battled every trainer from Route 12 to Opelucid City, which was when I got my Haxorus. I managed to defeat Drayden on my first try (still not sure how I managed that) and scared Team Plasma out of the city when they froze it. During that time I decided to replace Drifloon with Zorua. After all of that nonsense I was told to go to Humilau City through the Marine Tube , so that's what I did (and Wailord was in there :3).

Next Up: Route 21 and Plasma Frigate​

waveguidebuizel

weirdguybuizel
Years
Third update! Got all eight of Johto's badges, and I'm currently about to face the Kimono Girls.
Spoiler:

The team so far:
Spoiler:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back