• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen New Type Combinations Speculation Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zorogami

WUB WUB
Years
Fire breathing snow leopard sounds so awesome and badass! Now i really want to see GF pull that off! Fire/ Water would be a cool combo too :D

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Fire/water would have a lot of unfortunate weaknesses though, and even more than grass/water :(

Mujahid

Sir Froakie is impressed.
Years
speaking of water/fire , there's this really cool fakemon based on a pistol shrimp
Spoiler:

I would absolutely love to have some more pokemons with cannons.

Zorogami

WUB WUB
Years
Fire/water would have a lot of unfortunate weaknesses

Fire Water would only have 3 weaknesses: Electric, Ground, Rock, and the latter 2 can be countered with water, so that's a pretty good typing imo.

Water Grass has also 3 weaknesses: Flying, Bug, Poison, but no type to counter.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Oh rite. But the only grass/water evolution line (only, iirc) has awesome stats/moves/ability to make up for it, so I assume with that in mind if there was a fire/water it wouldn't have the greatest stats/abilities because it has a great typing...?

Zorogami

WUB WUB
Years
Oh rite. But the only grass/water evolution line (only, iirc) has awesome stats/moves/ability to make up for it, so I assume with that in mind if there was a fire/water it wouldn't have the greatest stats/abilities because it has a great typing...?

Well i guess it all depends. For example if you look at Sableye, he has no weaknesses, but his stats aren't all that good, so that would support your theory. On the other hand, if you look at the Poison/dark pokemon Drapion, his only weakness is Ground, AND he has pretty nice stats...
i guess it all depends on what GF and the programmers want. (i love Drapion btw :D)

Karel_Kazuki

Wants to Learn about PKMN Rmxp
Years
Electric/Grass
Dark/Water
Psychic/Bug
Ice/Bug
Flying/Fighting
Fighting/Bug
and Steel/Fire if it hasnt been done.

Guy

just a guy
Years
There's been a lot of topic overlap for awhile now between new type combinations and new Pokémon that I don't think is going to be so easy to avoid since almost every new type combination has been mentioned and talked about already. That being said, I don't intend to just shut down the conversation, but instead redirect it elsewhere. You can continue to discuss what new type combinations you'd like to see in X and Y along with what new Pokémon you'd like to see represent these new type combos over in the now titled, "New Pokemon and New Type Combinations Speculation" thread.

[ Locked ]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back