• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Best Themes/Battle Music?

Elaitenstile

I am legend
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Feb 27, 2015
What is your favourite theme music (eg - when Alder walks in) or Battle Music (eg - The battle music while fighting Ghetsis)?

My personals are Alder walking in and fighting Ghetsis.

Years
I always loved that epic music in the battle with Ghetsis, especially that voice in the background that screams "Dennis!". Very fitting for such a cold-hearted evil guy like him.

KnockFan

Just a Beginner ...
Years
  • Seen Nov 30, 2013
One Pokemon theme I've always liked is definitely the Hoenn Champion theme, whether it's the original from R/S/E or the PWT remake.

Nolafus

Aspiring something
Years
For me, the battle music whenever you battle the evil team. It's always fast paced and meant to get you excited. I also like the battle music in B2/W2 when you battle a legendary.

Nakala Pri

I really liked Roxie's Gym music, sure, it was super repetitive and I wasn't the actual one playing the game, but still. xD Favorite theme was when... I dunno, haha. Maybe when Elesa suddenly walks in to Bianca's business.

Wobbu

bunger bunger bunger bunger
Years
Colress has the best battle theme. The use of sound effects along with the instruments makes it one of the more unique battle themes. The best encounter would be Team Plasma's from B2/W2, like the music that plays while they're hiding in Route 19.

Fernando Torres

Class on grass
Years
  • Seen Jul 28, 2014
If there's anything I loved in fifth gen (sorry guys) it was the battle themes. The music was just incredible. After hearing Pokémon White's standard battle theme I knew they weren't being lazy. That combined with the visuals made the game look and sound amazing. Though the Pokèmon and the story are meh... The looks and the sounds are great! My favorite one was the theme that plays when the gym leader has his/her last Pokémon left. It's just the best remix ever.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Gym leader battle music was my favorite. Every time I listened to this soundtrack, it always gave me the inspiration and energy to defeat the gym leader and earn my badge. I liked the Reshiram, Kyurem, and Zekrom battle music, too, because it had such an amazing feel to it. Ghetsis battle music, N battle music, and the Elite Four battle theme were also my favorites. =)

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
I like the remixed Gym Leader and Champion themes, particularly the ones from Hoenn and Kanto. I also like Colress' and Iris' themes.

Years
These games treated us with some great background music. I personally favoured Bianca's theme, and Team Plasma's theme. Heck, sometimes I even find myself humming this game's music!

Zebz213

Travelling Insomniac
Years
My favorite music is when the gym leader is on their last pokemon because it makes me feel victorious :D!

Flushed

never eat raspberries
Years
  • Seen Nov 5, 2017
Gym leader battle music in this generation was probably my favorite of all time. Whereas the E4 was probably my least favorite haha. There were a lot of different remixes and new themes that I enjoyed though.

Captain Oshawott

The Otter Pirate
Years
I have quite a few, but I'll name my top 3.

-Last Pokemon Standing *the tid bit that plays during the Gym Leaders when there is just one Pokemon left.*

-Ghetsis' Battle music. Ah 'Dennis!'.

And finally my most favorite of all:

Team Plasma theme.

This metal cover amplified its epicness, I think.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
- Gym Leader Battle (Mostly BW2's version)
- Elite Four Battle (Especially that one score bit from R/S/E's Elite Four Battle)
- Team Plasma Battle (BW2's version is much better)
- Reshiram/Zekrom Battle (Reminds me of the Von Grapple Battle from TTYD)
- N Battle (The final battle is much more intimidating with that organ playing)
- Ghetsis Battle (Gives me respect to the name "Dennis")
- Colress Battle (Gotta love the techno-themed instruments used for this music)
- Iris Battle (guaranteed Smash Bros. material)

Back