• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tool: PokeSpam Pokéshop 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 31
  • F:\u
  • Seen Oct 25, 2008
PokeSpam Pokéshop 2008 [UPDATED!] [DP]

PokeSpam Pokéshop 2008 is a new program by PokeSpam to edit Pokémon Diamond and Pearl ROMs quickly and conveniently.

awesomesaucecopy2.png

designed.png

Click here for an alternate portable version of this software. This version suffers no loss in quality.

Please remember to uninstall any previous versions of this software on your computer before updating to the newest release.

PokeSpam Pokéshop 2008 is Copyright © Michael Allison 2008
PokeSpam consists of, in addition to myself, the following members of The PokeCommunity: gabe_k, gamefreakfatty, Heatran, Son Sebbe, and Darthatron. Friends of PokeSpam include D-Trogh, and Synyster_Zeikku, Silver Rioulu, Forgotten Memory, and linkandzelda. Thanks to Silver Rioulu and linkandzelda for extensive testing of our software.

important.png

If you receive any start-up errors, your computer likely requires this, or a version of it suitable to your hardware. It is the framework for Microsoft's .NET programming languages. We highly recommended you check whether or not you've already installed a newer version of the framework first, though.

ufeedcopy.png

Spoiler:

Last edited:

D-Trogh

Dead
Years
Hmm.. Nothing new here..
Actually, I don't like it :-\
- PokéDex Order Editor is done already and was one of the first things documented..
- Just like the included starter editor.. If this doesn't edit the sprites in the suitcase = nothing new
- Introduction editor isn't new either..
- The TM/HM editor was also done already, or at least it's documented and not that hard :)
- Trades contain more info than the Pokémon..

Hmm, I think you should have waited to release this..
Why would people use a big tool, which probably runs slower (not that the user will notice) when opened, that includes tools that are already made..
I also don't know if this PokéShop support all languages.. as I hate to read image-text..

Sorry for the criticism and thanks for calling me a friend.. ^^

Edit:
k.. I read the image text.
So, the Starter Editor doesn't do anything new, and the only thing you're going to add to the Trade editor are the held items?)
I did not find if this works on all versions though.. maybe I over read that part.

Last edited:

X-aveon

IS BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Years
  • Seen Jun 25, 2012
almost all of these tools are already made. its like stealing someone elses fame. i'd like it if you were the first one to make em.

score_under

Inactive; Former ROM hack tool author, ❤️
Years
mwqqnd.png

You know, your layout totally screws with mobile browsers.
Just to prove that it's not PokeCommunity's fault:

25akuid.png

(both screenshots cropped to keep applicable portion)

Now, as you can see, that text is readable, while your annoying image-text is not.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Oct 25, 2008
Hmm.. Nothing new here..
Actually, I don't like it :-\
- PokéDex Order Editor is done already and was one of the first things documented..
- Just like the included starter editor.. If this doesn't edit the sprites in the suitcase = nothing new
- Introduction editor isn't new either..
- The TM/HM editor was also done already, or at least it's documented and not that hard :)
- Trades contain more info than the Pokémon..

Hmm, I think you should have waited to release this..
Why would people use a big tool, which probably runs slower (not that the user will notice) when opened, that includes tools that are already made..
I also don't know if this PokéShop support all languages.. as I hate to read image-text..

Sorry for the criticism and thanks for calling me a friend.. ^^

Edit:
k.. I read the image text.
So, the Starter Editor doesn't do anything new, and the only thing you're going to add to the Trade editor are the held items?)
I did not find if this works on all versions though.. maybe I over read that part.

The thing is, first of all, PokeSpam was the first to create most of these programs. And, if you read the image text, you'd see that next release we'll be adding more tools, and eventually a script and map editor probably.

I think it's kind of obvious why people would use this tool. Why do people use, let's see, Flock? Flock is just a browser with built in plug-ins for blog publishing, etc.; those plug-ins are already made in the form of standalone programs. They use Flock because it's more convenient to browse and publish simultaneously. The reason I made this program was for convenient all in one editing; as it grows (probably within this month) it will have most of the tools in existence already, and a couple that aren't released yet.

Darthatron made a much poorer version of the program. No offense, because he helped a lot with this one! SuperPoke, his attempt, was flawed to the extreme. Example: every time you edited, say, a TM attack, you had to save changes. How's that for bloated? In my program, it takes note of your changes in an array and then saves the array to the ROM. His Pokedex Order Editor didn't work even; he had listed 493 Pokémon for the Sinnoh Dex.

Suite programs are historically popular looking back. Photoshop, Flock, etc.! My program is the only program released in the history of Pokémon hacking that isn't insanely difficult to navigate, and monotonously confusing. It's streamlined, it's actually not any more bloated than running all 5 of those tools (plus the ones we'll add on later) simultaneously, and it's faster; would you rather be switching between tools, saving the ROM every ten seconds, or would you rather simply double click on the ROM, and edit everything about it?

Pokéshop does not yet support all languages, only English ROMs. Sorry for the inconvenience, but who hacks Japanese ROMs, out of curiosity?

Anyway. The point is, my program provides the one service software is supposed to provide, simple convenience and organization, more than any hacking program released. As more tools are released, like I said before, you'll find yourself lagging out by opening your single programs all at once, or taking hours at a time editing small changes to a ROM because you're so unorganized. Get my point, D-Trogh?

score_under, actually, it is The PokéCommunty's fault. To an extent. It's there TWOCOLUMN tag that's overlapping those. And other than that, you can just zoom in to read the text on the image. I used image text because originally my friend was going to post this for me instead, and I didn't want to lag out sending him the file to post. I'll take off the TWOCOLUMN tags and it should be much easier to navigate. Thanks for the info!

Sebbe, I didn't know you were a member, LOL. Sorry bro! I haven't been in PokeSpam to this extent for a while.

Darcy's didn't have a lot more tools. He had an attack editor and evolution editor added on to his. We'll get those added in the next release, and probably some other cool things you're yet to see released for Diamond and Pearl hacking. God, people loved the idea of SuperPoke before it was released, but when you actually fix all the errors and release it, people complain because I haven't added enough tools to it yet. I have a lot of things to do guys, and I figured an early release would be better than a late release with three or four more tools.

Thanks for all the comments guys, keep them coming!
almost all of these tools are already made. its like stealing someone elses fame. i'd like it if you were the first one to make em.
Now that comment really pisses me off. The rest were fine, but that's just not cool. PokeSpam found all the offsets for most of that stuff first anyway! I'm not stealing someone else's fame? I'm making a program out of data we retrieved with a year of hard work. Get over yourself. Even if we didn't find them all first, it's like you're saying that the second person ever to make a word processor was a stealing the first one's idea. My program provides superior productivity to any program out there for Diamond and Pearl hacking yet. Honestly... Stealing other people's fame? Wow.

Last edited:

Lover's Kite

[b]the age of empathy[/b]
Years

Does it really matter? There are plenty of scripting/overworlds editors. I don't see no one complaining.

mwqqnd.png

You know, your layout totally screws with mobile browsers.
Just to prove that it's not PokeCommunity's fault:

25akuid.png

(both screenshots cropped to keep applicable portion)

Now, as you can see, that text is readable, while your annoying image-text is not.

And your post has what purpose? If you don't like the the way it looks, use a web browser, not a mobile one. You are supposed to post something relevant to the thread; and talking about how threads look on a mobile browser isn't relevant.

Why the .... did you make this from scratch? Pokespam already made one, by darth, and it was allmost done... It had alot more tools + Cool layout (yay)

When that's said... I thought I was a member too?
If I'm not then I want credits for my offset...
*Start crying*

I wich ya good luck...

Um. Yeah... This IS PokéSpam -.-'

Overall there will be haters PokéSpam, but don't let them get to you. Just use the report button. DOn't waste your time flamin, PokéSpam. Not worth it. But I think your tools are awesome. Besides I don't see why people are hating, you're actually saving them time. Instead of using many programs, you can use all of them at one time with this tool. Good job ;)

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Oct 25, 2008
Thanks Forgotten Memory! I get a lot of the negative comments, but most people like all-in-one programs, and suites. I'm sure we'll get our fair share of positive comments, and I love the negative ones, they make me less bored.

linkandzelda

Ex-rom hacker turned indie game developer
Years
Good work. Good too see this tool released to the public.

I personly like AIO programs especialy this one because its much easyer to use and saves you having to switch between loads of tools. Sombody should make one for the GBA.

Keep uup the good work and looking forward to new tools/updates.
link

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Oct 25, 2008
A long time from now, once this software is completely stainless and finished, I might add in GBA and GBC and GB compatibility XD ROFL!

lol thx for the comment link ^_^

btw, updates will start construction as soon as gabe get's back next week.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 12, 2012
Perfect for what I'm looking for so far. Only thing is I wish there was an option in the Pokedex order to have either the National Dex at the game's start, or editing the Shinnoh Dex so that it could include all Pokemon Data.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Oct 25, 2008
Interesting idea. To be honest, I don't think it's possible, though. It would mess up the ROM; no programs would read it correctly any more, because you'd be adding content. I could be wrong though, I'm more of a programmer than a researcher. I'll look into it for the next release! Thanks for your input! :)

score_under

Inactive; Former ROM hack tool author, ❤️
Years
Sorry for totally off-topic post, but this is getting to me.
use a web browser, not a mobile one
Use a supercomputer, not a regular one.
You'll never guess that I did work experience in a web design agency that wanted everything from valid XHTML 1.0 Strict and no style="" attributes, to complete compatibility on mobiles, TTS engines, googlebots (yes, these need to read the layout to get an idea of the importance of each part) etc.
Oh wait: this bit is on-topic
Saying that, the "image text" is still completely unreadable (on mobile), unquotable, and un-google-translatable. It also takes much longer to download than text on a bad connection.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Oct 25, 2008
Sorry for totally off-topic post, but this is getting to me.

Use a supercomputer, not a regular one.
You'll never guess that I did work experience in a web design agency that wanted everything from valid XHTML 1.0 Strict and no style="" attributes, to complete compatibility on mobiles, TTS engines, googlebots (yes, these need to read the layout to get an idea of the importance of each part) etc.
Saying that, the "image text" is still completely unreadable, unquotable, and un-google-translatable.

Chill score_under! It's a forum release of just-out-of-beta software. When we get our website, it'll be much more accessible then this forum.

And like I said, it was mostly the TWOCOLUMN tags' fault. Also, had you read my post, the "image text" was more convenient to send to Zeikku, because this was initially made to be posted by him, and written by me. I ended up posting it though, so whatever.

No, this is not PokeSpam. This is Sparta! Just kidding. This is PokeSpam software. No, PokeSpam isn't just me, but I'm representing us in this topic...

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Oct 25, 2008
Thanks Axle! As of right now I'm adding ID. No and experience and Item data to trades, and hopefully starters. And I fixed the glitch where you couldn't edit HM08. Sorry about that.

Zeikku™

Johto remaker
Years
This program could and I'm sure will be amazing. Keep it up, I know your probably one of the most dedicated programmers here.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 19, 2021
The tool seems nice. :)
I may not do any D/P hacking until at least a map editor for it is released. :\
I heard from gabe_k that they made some kind of prototype one? :\
Well, have you gotten the codes to make an alpha one?
That would be cool to see a map editor released to the publec for D/P. :)
Anyways, GL with the other tools~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back