• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

NarutoActor

The rocks cry out to me
Years
mmm rele I thought that would fix that problem I am having problems inserting my world map too :P So I put It off to I become a better hacker Sorry :C

Sierraffinity

Desperately trying to retire from ROM hacking
Years
I have the same tilemap being used for two of my world maps. For some reason, on the fourth world map (which is #3 in the programming), nine tiles near the bottom-right corner keep getting replaced with tile #3, while on the other, it works just fine.

Can anyone help?
Yet another repost. Can anyone help?

IceSage

Sage of Ice
Years
It sounds like you might be forgetting to repoint the tilemap data. Use NTME (*sigh* why are people still using Cyclone?) theres a video in the thread that shows you how to edit title screens that should help.

I meant I used the guide that was included with Cyclone, not Cyclone itself. Although, NTME is just about the same, only it's a bit easier to use. Also, neither program allows for selecting multiple tiles, so they're just about even on the playing field for me anyway.

Also, which thread are you referring to that has the video?

Argh. I'll figure it out... someday... Someday..

Sierraffinity

Desperately trying to retire from ROM hacking
Years
I've scrounged around for anything on this, but haven't had much luck. I followed haefele's tutorial on inserting the world map, and it worked like a charm. Except for two things...
MapError.png

The colors of the town squares are wrong, and the little location buttons from the original FireRed are still there.
Does anybody know the RGB values of the correct shades of grey to use for the towns to where they will use the right colors in game?
Does anybody know why those old pieces are still showing up on the map?
When putting in the town squares, they must be in Pal 1, not Pal 0. Choose Pal 1 when mapping the squares.

siper x

I'm Russia, Fear Russia
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 29, 2023
FIRE RED QUESTIONS

how do you insert town maps?

I keep trying to make signpost items, but it doesn't work.
in my hack it is on a shrub. can you put 1 there?

how do you make it so you don't have to go to the 2nd city to get oak's parecel, but can get it in pallet town?

Curt_09

Also known as Chozo
Years
Thanks Diego, that worked. Really, thanks a lot.
Narutoactor I went back and tried it again and it worked this time.
You guys just saved me hours of fiddling around on my own.

siper x

I'm Russia, Fear Russia
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 29, 2023
what is the xse script for:

geting a cubone lv 15 with pokerus,

and an eevee lv 7 with a pokedex, and 5 pokeballs?

Thanks in advance, and please answer my other questions.

if theese questions get answered i can realese games, in progressing hacks, or finish the one in the scapbox.

in advance map (ruby)
how can you make a tree headbuttable?
what behavior byte do you use?

Last edited:

3dd13

Leader of the Fallen
Years
Try repointing the data of both tilemaps.

What do you mean its corrupt? You'll need to download the .NET framework to get it to work.

1) Yes, theres a few tutorials around that tell you how to do it.
2) Yes, but you'll probably only be able to edit the graphics and not the actual layout.
3) XSE and pksvui allow you to do this.
i have installed all the files nessecary to fun yape (.net 2.0, the vb6 runtime files) and it still doesnt work... i get an 0xc000007b error. i dont know why...

NarutoActor

The rocks cry out to me
Years
what is the xse script for:

geting a cubone lv 15 with pokerus,

and an eevee lv 7 with a pokedex, and 5 pokeballs?

Thanks in advance, and please answer my other questions.

if theese questions get answered i can realese games, in progressing hacks, or finish the one in the scapbox.

in advance map (ruby)
how can you make a tree headbuttable?
what behavior byte do you use?
this is a simple question thread not a script thread try some script generators wild battles and give items

siper x

I'm Russia, Fear Russia
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 29, 2023
this is a question thread, and a mod told me to post the questions here.

Q-Bone

Musician and Pixel Artist
Years
Need help urgently!

I've tried putting a Munchlax Platinum Sprite into a Fire Red ROM. It worked, but it used the Palette of the Pokemon I replaced. When I put the Palette back to normal, and click 'Write to ROM', it says: "Compressed size is: 2CC. Which is too big. Aborting."

How do I solve this?

Curt_09

Also known as Chozo
Years
Need help urgently!

I've tried putting a Munchlax Platinum Sprite into a Fire Red ROM. It worked, but it used the Palette of the Pokemon I replaced. When I put the Palette back to normal, and click 'Write to ROM', it says: "Compressed size is: 2CC. Which is too big. Aborting."

How do I solve this?

Step one - download HackMew's Free Space Finder
Step two - open up the Calculator application from your start menu
Step three - Click the little circle in the top left that says 'hex' next to it.
Step four - enter 2CC in your calculator
Step five - click the little circle up top with 'dec' next to it
Step six - open up Free Space Finder and search an amount of bytes equal to the number your calculator just gave you
Step seven - In unLZ try to write your picture to the ROM and when the box pops up with the offsets enter the offset FSF gave you into the box labeled 'image offset'
Step eight - make sure you have the boxes 'export image' and 'automatically fix pointers' checked, then write it to the ROM
Step nine - open it up in your VBA and test it
Step ten - enjoy your newly inserted pokepic

Q-Bone

Years
Step one - download HackMew's Free Space Finder
Step two - open up the Calculator application from your start menu
Step three - Click the little circle in the top left that says 'hex' next to it.
Step four - enter 2CC in your calculator
Step five - click the little circle up top with 'dec' next to it
Step six - open up Free Space Finder and search an amount of bytes equal to the number your calculator just gave you
Step seven - In unLZ try to write your picture to the ROM and when the box pops up with the offsets enter the offset FSF gave you into the box labeled 'image offset'
Step eight - make sure you have the boxes 'export image' and 'automatically fix pointers' checked, then write it to the ROM
Step nine - open it up in your VBA and test it
Step ten - enjoy your newly inserted pokepic

Thanks for the suggestion, but I actually found out that I could just import the file again, then it worked. I must've made a mistake earlier. Sorry for your trouble.

siper x

I'm Russia, Fear Russia
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 29, 2023
1 more question.

how do you edit ghosts (tower before scope)?

PLEASE ANSWER MY OTHER QUESTIONS!!!!!

Q-Bone

Years
I have two questions:

1) I replaced the Aerodactyl Sprite with a Munchlax Sprite. In game the Munchlax is floating and has a shadow underneath it. How do I fix this?

2) This may sound quite noobish, but after I edit a Script, then compile, when I look back at it, it is the same as before I edited it. How do I fix it?

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 16, 2024
I have two questions:

1) I replaced the Aerodactyl Sprite with a Munchlax Sprite. In game the Munchlax is floating and has a shadow underneath it. How do I fix this?

2) This may sound quite noobish, but after I edit a Script, then compile, when I look back at it, it is the same as before I edited it. How do I fix it?

Tried Wichu's Tool in the Toolbox for No. 1?

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 16, 2024
I've downloaded it now in a matter of fact. Know anything about the Script?

Sorry, I'm not a scripter, and it has been a while since I touched XSE... Are you sure you compiled it to the right offset? And used that same offset in Advance Map? Normally, i put scripts in Free Space and Compile them, that normally works...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back