• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Quick Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steven

[i]h e l p[/i]
Years
  • Age 31
  • Ohio
  • Seen Jan 4, 2023

Only positive side-effects. For example, Giga Impact must still recharge after use, but moves like Shadow Ball won't ever lower the opponent's SpDef with Sheer Force.
Also moves like Fire Punch won't burn your opponent. Moves that cause recoil still cause recoil too.

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
Years
Speaking of Fire Punch, does anyone know if Flare Blitz's recoil is negated as it has a 10% burn chance too? Or is it just the burn chance removed? Additionally, is it true that the Life Orb has no recoil on a Pokémon with Sheer Force?

Years
  • Seen Apr 24, 2011
does this seem legit got it off the GTS
Oshawott
lv1 male
bashful
4/19/2011
day care couple
egg received
4/19/2011
driftveil city
egg apparently hatched
often dozes off

hp 12
att 6
def 5
sp att 6
sp def 6
speed 6
moves
tackle
false swipe
surf

ability torrent

Steven

[i]h e l p[/i]
Years
  • Age 31
  • Ohio
  • Seen Jan 4, 2023
Oshawott
lv1 male
bashful
4/19/2011
day care couple
egg received
4/19/2011
driftveil city
egg apparently hatched
often dozes off

hp 12
att 6
def 5
sp att 6
sp def 6
speed 6
moves
tackle
false swipe
surf

ability torrent

Uh, yeah it's legit, and it sucks. Why would someone hack a Pokemon that sucks?

Speaking of Fire Punch, does anyone know if Flare Blitz's recoil is negated as it has a 10% burn chance too? Or is it just the burn chance removed? Additionally, is it true that the Life Orb has no recoil on a Pokémon with Sheer Force?
Recoil is not removed.

Here is a quote from Bulbapedia:

If a Pokémon with Sheer Force is holding a Life Orb and uses an attack that would be boosted by Sheer Force, then the move gains both boosts but the user does not receive the Life Orb recoil damage. The effects of Eject Button, Shell Bell, and Red Card, as well as the ability Color Change, are also negated by Sheer Force.

Last edited:

solarowl

I'll always be an Outsider.
Years
I had this question for a while, but never got around to asking it. How does Flame Body/ Magma Armor work with eggs? I know it halves the number of steps needed, but does it only effect eggs around it in your party, or just keep it in your party, and it affects every egg?

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
Years
Thank you, Landorus!

I had this question for a while, but never got around to asking it. How does Flame Body/ Magma Armor work with eggs? I know it halves the number of steps needed, but does it only effect eggs around it in your party, or just keep it in your party, and it affects every egg?

Every Egg in your party has its step count halved by these Pokémon. Iirc though, it only works on eggs positioned after it, so I suggest you keep your eggs positioned at the back of your party.

Years
Hi guys, I have a quick tough question. I tried searching it myself, didn't get results. I tried serbii and mariland and everything, never really mentioned the season changes....

Quick question: In the white forest, is it true that season changes also affect on what type of pokemons appear in the white forest regardless of who the residents are?

I know that certain residents provide certain pokemon to appear in white forest, but I am not sure if it's true if Season changes is also a factor.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
Hi guys, I have a quick tough question. I tried searching it myself, didn't get results. I tried serbii and mariland and everything, never really mentioned the season changes....

Quick question: In the white forest, is it true that season changes also affect on what type of pokemons appear in the white forest regardless of who the residents are?

I know that certain residents provide certain pokemon to appear in white forest, but I am not sure if it's true if Season changes is also a factor.

Nope, Bulbapedia verifies that White Forest doesn't have any season change effects on Pokemon.

Seeds Horizon

Gotta love that feeling~
Years
Thanks! Think I might go pick meh up a Pansear while im there too <3.

Another question..Lets say the opponent uses the move Yawn, then I defeat it that same turn, will my pokemon still fall asleep? ^_^

Another question..Do EXP Shares stack? Like, can you have one on one pokemon and another on a different one? Cause I know you can get two..One from the battle tower in Castelia and one in that one house for training a pokemon up 50 levels o.o.

Last edited:

solarowl

Years
Thanks! Think I might go pick meh up a Pansear while im there too <3.

Another question..Lets say the opponent uses the move Yawn, then I defeat it that same turn, will my pokemon still fall asleep? ^_^

Another question..Do EXP Shares stack? Like, can you have one on one pokemon and another on a different one? Cause I know you can get two..One from the battle tower in Castelia and one in that one house for training a pokemon up 50 levels o.o.
1. Yes, Yawn's effect will still be in play, unless the battle ends or you switch it out.
2. Yeah, you can have as many on as you'd like, but I prefer not having the EXP share's giving a little amount of EXP due to it splitting between three Pokemon. XD

What would be a good moveset for Typhlosion? I know for sure Fire Blast and Flamethrower

Depends if you want competitive or in-game. And, you should only have one move for a type, so only one Fire, one Grass, etc.

PokéSwimmer

Keeping time time time
Years
Oshawott
lv1 male
bashful
4/19/2011
day care couple
egg received
4/19/2011
driftveil city
egg apparently hatched
often dozes off

hp 12
att 6
def 5
sp att 6
sp def 6
speed 6
moves
tackle
false swipe
surf

ability torrent

Uh, yeah it's legit, and it sucks. Why would someone hack a Pokemon that sucks?

You can't really tell if a Pokémon sucks from its stats at Level 1 :\
You also can't tell if a Pokémon is hacked just from the posted stats. Its IVs could all be flawless for all we know (except for defense, which is too low). The "often dozes off" characteristic shows that it has an HP IV that is either 26 or 31. A better way to tell would be to level it up to at least level 20 and use an IV calculator to see if it has a reasonable IV spread/range (i.e. not all between 27 or so and 31). If its IVs are reasonable then it is probably legitimate.

solarowl

Years
Am I doing the Masuda Method in the right way?
I have a japanese Emboar and an english Ditto(caught in my game)!

Yeah, you're doing it right, but remember, just because you have a more likely chance of breeding a shiny doesn't mean you will get it immediately. Or at least that's the case for me. But not for others...

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Oshawott
lv1 male
bashful
4/19/2011
day care couple
egg received
4/19/2011
driftveil city
egg apparently hatched
often dozes off

hp 12
att 6
def 5
sp att 6
sp def 6
speed 6
moves
tackle
false swipe
surf

ability torrent

Just going to add in that although you've been answered: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=228250 <-- that's a thread for checking hacked Pokemon within the Trade Corner. Just use that next time you have a question. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back