• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: [Beta 2 Released] Pokemon Infernal Legend

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pokepal17

More cowbell~
Years
Ohya, smexy new textboxes that you stole got from Platinum, pal. I just think you should make them wider, so the text doesn't look so "squeezed." :|

Will do. :3

I found the APS version here only. I've tried to patch it manually, as I always do and it didn't work. Then I downloaded aps patcher and it didn't do as well. It says 'The file you are trying to patch is not a valid one'. But The rom is ok, because it worked with different patch as I said b4. Strange.

Well, if it's already been patched to like you make it sound, it's not gonna be clean and therefore that message will appear.

If not that, then you must have used an .ips patch last time which has no check.

If not that then you're missing frameworks that Windows 7 has and your OS doesn't. So either get Vista or 7 or download the missing frameworks.

so how long is the 2.1 download?

4th gym.

And who changed my thread's title to Shinx Version >:0

Years
  • Seen Apr 29, 2015
Well, if it's already been patched to like you make it sound, it's not gonna be clean and therefore that message will appear.

No. I always copy a rom before I patch it.
If not that then you're missing frameworks that Windows 7 has and your OS doesn't. So either get Vista or 7 or download the missing frameworks.

That's quite possible. I'm using win XP SP3 and I am not going to change it for now.

Thank you then. Pity, I will not be able to play your hack, because it looks promising :)

Pokepal17

More cowbell~
Years
Just showing the fixed textboxes; I just adjusted the width by 3 pixels. :3

Also, I've mapped all the cities and I need to map 5 routes and then I've finished the region's outdoor maps. =)

Last edited:

miksy91

Dark Energy is back in action! ;)
Years
Btw have you edited the map connections?
I didn't like the beta (probably 1) that much as it felt like playing FR/LG as I played it up to "Mt. Moon".

Pokepal17

More cowbell~
Years
Btw have you edited the map connections?
I didn't like the beta (probably 1) that much as it felt like playing FR/LG as I played it up to "Mt. Moon".

Yes I edited the map connections.

Well, I'm sorry if it felt too much like FR/LG. What bits made it feel like that?

Konekodemon

The Master of Pokemon Breeding
Years
  • Age 39
  • NC
  • Seen Nov 20, 2023
I really don't know. It's acting like it can't open it with anything, like it's a blank file.

Konekodemon

Years
  • Age 39
  • NC
  • Seen Nov 20, 2023
There has to be something you can tell me that will work. I really want to play this. You really should release this as a IPS file you know.

Pokepal17

More cowbell~
Years

What happens next?

What do you guys/gals think will happen next?

If you say anything, Jake, I'll kill you.

Konekodemon

Years
  • Age 39
  • NC
  • Seen Nov 20, 2023
Yes! I did it Pokepal17. Found out the Rom I was using was corrupted so I downloaded a different Fire Red Rom and tried patching it and it worked. Right now I'm trying to get Squirtle, female. But it's hard.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Oct 10, 2010
the story line is epic
hope ur hack goes well, i think you should add at least some popular 4th gen pokemon

Pokepal17

More cowbell~
Years
What's happens next? Well, what object is blocking the way? xD;

I'm gonna guess it's a tree or bush or something like that.

A hidden tree? ;o

Never, I'm keeping some realism in this hack. And plus why would you mega punch a tree? You'd cut it instead. :P

the story line is epic
hope ur hack goes well, i think you should add at least some popular 4th gen pokemon

stfu, no dppt Pogeymanz!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111111111111!!!!!!!!!111???1111111

Evergreen Path

Meh, just a path with a mansion. There's an event taking place here. It's optional, but beneficial to the game.

It'll take hours to comeplete, unless you have a brain. <:

Also, I edited the grass palette back to the normal Fire Red ones (before I was using the Ruby grass palettes with the Fire Red tree palettes), so the palettes will be a bit brighter.

The Cynic

♥ These Perfect Abattoirs ♥
Years
I'm loving this hack! A lot of depth to it, you can't just blow through it! Good balance of wild pokemon. Storyline provides frequent collision with the rockets, but is still uncomplicated enough to be universally enjoyed (follow the formula!). You have also proven that you don't need too many custom tiles and that the default tiles are usually sufficient. Well done!

I can't find the switches in the water gym on Silicon Island. I get up to the 2nd trainer and then I'm completely lost. Could anyone help me out?

Also, where might one look for a Heracross? I am aware there arn't any in the wild, but is there a trainer willing to trade? Or will I have to wait for Beta 3?

Lovin' what you've done so far. Keep it up!

~The Cynic~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back