• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

That person is on PC!!

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen yesterday
You're sitting in a public area - a library, a cafe of sorts that allows internet, a classroom, whatever it may be. You turn your attention toward someone who just opened their browser sitting in front of you. They enter pokecommunity.com into their URL bar and PC loads. You get a little excited to see someone offline visiting the same site that you visit. You can't make out who they are when they log on, because the brightness of their monitor is too dull for you to make out their name. What do you do?

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
I wouldn't really want to approach them because I don't want them to know that I was intruding on their privacy, but I'd find out by casually passing by or using a zoom lens to figure out who they were..

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 19, 2021
I probably wouldn't say anything, because I have anxiety and have trouble starting up conversations. :( Plus, I wouldn't want them to think I've been watching them or something.

Darlimus

Fly to the Clouds!
Years
  • Seen Dec 11, 2012
I would run up to them and tap their shoulder. Then I'd point to the URL, and give them a thumbs up. :P

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Dec 16, 2022
I probably wouldn't say anything, because I have anxiety and have trouble starting up conversations. :( Plus, I wouldn't want them to think I've been watching them or something.

These are my exact feelings on this matter.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
Years
...I would probably say something, just because that's never actually happened to me before and it sounds kind of exciting lol. I've met people and gotten talking to them only to find out they were on the same forum as me (not PC but I was a mod at the other forum at the time) and that was pretty neat so I wouldn't mind it happening again.

But at the same time I wouldn't want to come off as bragging or anything so I might just try to ignore it. Probably not, though.

I guess I could also snoop the IP of everyone online and try to find them that way, too. If we were in the same room we're probably connected to the same internet. :P Yay admin cheating!

Dreg

Done after the GT.
Years
  • Seen Jul 11, 2016
If it was in my hometown, then no, I wouldn't approach them at all. If it was elsewhere, and they seemed to be a good person, then I would tap them on the shoulder, and say that I was on there also. If they asked, I would give them my username.

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
Years
I'd say something! I've met many an awesome person here on this site, so I'd just be like "Oh not to be rude or anything but I noticed you were on this forum and I like PC a lot too! Hope you're enjoying it as much as I am." If they want to ask about usernames or whatever after then I'd take the convo further and judge from there, but otherwise I'd probably just say that.

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
Years
I'd be quiet but find an excuse to walk past them, taking a glance at their username. If I recognise them then I'll probably tell them who I am but otherwise, I'd keep quiet about it. I'd probably go visit their profile and introduce myself on here and then maybe get to know them a bit more afterwards though!

Wateria

The cute team Aqua member
Years
I would not say anything as I am a very shy person in a social area. Anyway it be noisy going into someone's business.

Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2015
I dont think I would say anything. I wouldnt want to freak them out or invade their privacy.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
Oh my gosh, I'd totally come up to them and say something. It's also coincidence! I'd be ttly tell them that he/she's not the only person that goes on PC. Instant friendship right there tbh! xD

Years
Assuming there aren't a ton of people around, I'd definitely go up and talk to them. XD; Would be awesome to make a friend in real life through noticing that we visited the same website; it's never happened to me before and I'd be ecstatic to see it!

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
Years
I'd be way too shy to actually approach them, and there would always be the chance that they weren't on PC for anything other than hacks, so it might not be something I'd really gain anything out of. I'd rather try to make out what their username was and contact them through PC, get to know them through here, and then if it was someone who went to my school or lived nearby or something, possibly just telling them through there and arranging to meet up or something. That'd be a lot less awkward in my opinion, and since I'm a person who doesn't like to be approached by strangers, I'm most definitely not a person to do something like that myself xD

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
I'd go sit at a computer near them and load up PC too so then it's up to them to casually look over to my screen and start the conversation. :D I'd make sure to load up my profile constantly too so they'd know who I am; that way they can say hi after if they were too shy before. n.n

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
"Hi, I'm Sydian. I've probably been an ass to you if you've ever posted in General Pokemon Gaming Discussions. Razor Leaf is my child. I met Mr Cat Dog in London. Patchisou Yutohru is my secret lover. So what's your username?"

...Is what I'd want to say but not say it!!! I'd probably just try to make my laptop (if I have it with me) as noticeable as possible so that they could see that I'm on PC as well and maybe they'd approach me instead lol. I'm way to shy to go up to someone like that though. Maybe on a good day, I would. Or if they were really attractive. Yeeeah. Attractive. Mmmm.

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
Years
I would make the situation much more awkward than it would need to be if I were to engage them, but that would require working up the courage to even talk to them in the first place! Though, I might try to see their username and then log on myself and send them a private message and say that I'm in the same room as them. Of course, that could make it even more awkward, but I don't feel there's any other way to go about the situation! No matter what, though, I would try to somehow meet them because meeting anyone in real life I know online would be a treat on any occasion.

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
I'd be too shy to approach them, but it would be pretty exciting anyways. I would probably try to make out their username and send a message if anything.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
I would probably be excited on PC but not actually say anything to them because that's SOO awkward. :(

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
I'm too shy to approach them. With any luck they would catch me browsing PC and walk up to me instead of the other way around.

Back