• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] ~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

Margaery Tyrell

Growing Strong
Years
  • Age 25
  • USA
  • Seen Feb 28, 2018
Well, I gave up on Dusclops, and tried getting shiny Eevee from Bebe - AND I GOT IT!!! I'm sooo happy! :D :D :D
This is my first shiny to ever get intentionally! And it only took me 6 hours straight of soft resetting, LOL. :P But it was worth it. Shiny Vaporeon, here I come!

Shinies caught so far:
133.png
-(Eevee, soon to be Vaporeon)-
134.png

Shinies I'm currently hunting:
228.png

Years
Hi! I'm Arlo.
I love shinies, but only caught two. The Red Gyarados everyone has, and a Shiny Raticate.

I want a Shiny Vaporeon, Snivy and Joltik, though!

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
@Wandering~leaf
That's a great idea. I've wanted a shiny Eevee for a while, but the eggs just take too long to hatch. I'm going to try that out. (:

~
My current hunts are on hold. I just found out that the Treecko could show up shiny while hatching but still be normal afterward. T: I'm also not quite as excited to hunt, now that I literally have every shiny Pokemon from Gen III-I along with quite a few from Gen IV.

Margaery Tyrell

Growing Strong
Years
  • Age 25
  • USA
  • Seen Feb 28, 2018
@IceMan: Wow, a shiny Miltank? I've been trying to get my hands on one of those, but they're so rare...did you use the Masuda Method?

@Arlo: Welcome! And yeah, I never really considered my shiny Gyarados too special either. XD But hey, it's still fun to have around. So, you're hunting Vaporeon, same as I was? Good luck!

Hint: If you own Diamond/Pearl/or Platinum, you can soft-reset (if you don't know what soft-resetting is, it's just pressing the trigger things on the DS and the start/select buttons all at once) to get a shiny Eevee. However, it might take a while, so you may have to be patient...good luck! :D

@Slender: Yup, I got tired of having Bibarel break my chains, so I just decided to go after Eevee. XD What exactly do you mean, "still be normal afterwards"?

Years
@Wandering~Leaf - Welcome to the club! Congrats on the Eevee; 6 hours?! What a nice short first hunt, lol! Good luck on Houndour!

@Peko - Welcome back to the club, long time no see eh? Good luck with that, maybe it'll be nice this time.. ;)

@Arlo - Welcome to the club! :D

@Slender - Eh? I honestly have never heard of a shiny becoming non shiny outside of colosseum/xd, where did ya hear that?

Mainly posting to say that I haven't done shiny cards in a while but I'm excited for them again! So if anyone wants one (even though I'm out of practice lol) feel free to shoot me a VM! ^^
Oh yeah, I ordered a Soulsilver so that eventually I can SR Groudon on there, Kyogre on my HG, and then put both in one game and SR Rayquaza! Might also restart my HG and dual hunt a shiny starter.... We'll see!

Last edited:

PekoponTAS

Game Boy Advance Fan
Years
Somehow I had never looked up what Shiny Bulbasaur looked like. I think I'm going to start over on my leafgreen and try to get it. (I wasn't very far in my file anyways). If I somehow manage to get it within the next couple days, I'm just going to count it towards the 2013 yearly quest since it's so close. XD It's odd how in all the times I've started a new game on these games, I've never found a shiny starter. : (

Margaery Tyrell

Growing Strong
Years
  • Age 25
  • USA
  • Seen Feb 28, 2018
Hiya, and welcome! :D So, you're hunting shiny Bulbasaur? It's adorable in my opinion, I plan on getting it soon, once I defeat Red. XD Good luck on your hunt! :)

PekoponTAS

Game Boy Advance Fan
Years
Hiya, and welcome! :D So, you're hunting shiny Bulbasaur? It's adorable in my opinion, I plan on getting it soon, once I defeat Red. XD Good luck on your hunt! :)

Thanks! I currently only have LeafGreen, Ruby and Sapphire, (both with functional clocks) so my odds of finding a shiny are slimmer than most on here. Heck, I can't even speed up egg hatching since this is pre-Emerald. XD Currently only at 50 soft resets for Bulbasaur. I think I'm going to go a bit slower than I was the first time I tried shiny hunting. ^_^;

Margaery Tyrell

Growing Strong
Years
  • Age 25
  • USA
  • Seen Feb 28, 2018
I don't even know how many SR's I did to get Eevee. XD Even though I have Platinum, I can't chain pokemon at all. XD I'm going to try the Masuda Method soon, though. Anyways, I hope you get Bulbasaur soon!

Note: I've disbanded my hunt for Houndour, for now (considering my chaining skills are so bad, I can't even chain Starly XD). As of now though, I am now hunting these Pokemon:

250.png

241.png

Wish me luck! ;)

danaxe

I long for kyurem powerz
Years
I am trying to Non RNG breed shinys with masuda method.
I already have

shiny zoura
shiny zoura
shiny zoura
shiny zoura

with a japanese zoura

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
See, from Gen III onward, Pokemon shininess is determined by your Trainer ID, a hidden ID, and the nature of the Pokemon. The Pokemon isn't set as "your" Pokemon until after you watch the hatching animation. So it could show as shiny during the animation, but afterward it becomes a normal one, once you're its trainer.

Now I need to get my national dex for that Eevee.

Margaery Tyrell

Growing Strong
Years
  • Age 25
  • USA
  • Seen Feb 28, 2018
@Iceman: How are you catching so many so fast? :P

@Slender: Hah, good luck. XD It might take a while until it becomes shiny...but I think you already know that. ;P

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
I assume you're RNGing them? Because I don't think it's possible to get that many non-hacked shiny Pokemon that quickly. I've seen people who have played Pokemon since it came out and they don't have any shinies. T:

Haha, yeah, I know it could be a while. But I don't even have my national dex yet, so I'll do it another time. Though when SRing for a shiny starter, I did it in half of an hour once. That was pretty awesome.

PekoponTAS

Game Boy Advance Fan
Years
Bah. At 274 soft resets for Torchic I found the shiny Poochyena. I tried to take a picture, but it turned out really blurry. Oh well, it's actually encouraging knowing that I've at least seen a shiny. I killed it out of spite though. XD

Latios Master

11 Year PC Member
Years
Welcome to the club, ThatIceman! Congrats on the shiny Poochyena!

What is your Litwick hunt up to now..? It's such a shame it couldn't arrive for your birthday! Good luck next time you pick it up! D:

Thanks, it's at 2,873. Congrats on the shiny Zapdos!

Welcome to the club, Wandering~Leaf! Congrats on the shiny Eevee!

Welcome to the club, Arlo~ and danaxe!

@PekoponTAS You should of caught it.

This week's random hunt is... Heracross!

Good luck on everyone's hunts!

Years
  • Seen Jan 26, 2013
Guys listen the way i get alot of shinys fast is very simple .. i already got shinys in other games i own so i trade them to only 1 game pokemon emerald oh and btw i did RNG them and i used a method it is : get 2 shinys 1 male 1 female different species and different id number but same OT and 1 Japanese [female] and other from USA or EUR [male] and make them breed on a crystal japanese version thats all :P oh and you must have in your team a pokemon above level 50 with flamebody and a shiny pokemon [female] in the party and put it next to that egg and thats all :P and wala! you get the pokemon you want and it will be shiny with a 80% chance and if you RNGed them you have a 90% chance of getting shiny

i am dieing to get a heracross i will start hunting it NOW btw i meant i am hunting it since the morning

Last edited:
Back