• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen First Legendary Pokemon?

«Chuckles»

Sharky
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Apr 29, 2023
I remember on Emerald I thought you couldn't get any of the main legendaries (derp) so I basically never got a legendary in emerald but my first Gen 3 legend was... Groudon

My first real legend was Moltres on the way to the Indigo League of Indigo (I never knew about this kanto nonsense back when it didn't display a name of the region) I just caught him for the heck of it, it was a fire type so I thought meh might come in handy against an ice trainer...

AluminiumOxide

Aka Ansirent
Years
my first ever legendary was Zapdos. with its spiky feather it fly high into the sky. for C/G/R/B/G FIRST WAS ARTICNO

Ari Niko

Sincerity
Years
My first Gen III legendary capture was Rayquaza
ec20fb7f.gif

Years
My first game in Gen 3 was Ruby so I got Groudon :D (I used it to Fight the Elite four and it worked until my Younger brother deleted my save file :( )

Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2013
I was training my Scyther and then WHAM! A Suicune appeared. It took me a half hour to catch it(On gold). My first gen three legend was Groudon.

Ari Niko

Sincerity
Years
I was training my Scyther and then WHAM! A Suicune appeared. It took me a half hour to catch it(On gold). My first gen three legend was Groudon.

How did you keep it in battle for that long without it running? :O

DynamicD

Metagross Fan
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jan 22, 2015
My first gen 3 legendary was Moltres in FireRed. I just really liked Fire types as a kid. My first R/S/E legendary was Kyogre, since I had Sapphire first. I soon bought all three of the games.

MaoMint

☘ 小猫咪 ☘
Years
Ruby being my first game ever means that Groudon was my first legendary.
That's also why it's got a special place in my heart - i might have liked it less if not for this criteria. :3

Altair1

Willpower
Years
Ruby was my first Gen III game, I caught Groudon and it really trampled the opposition! The drought + solarbeam combo, eruption at full health were my Groudon's main attacks.

Dreg

Done after the GT.
Years
  • Seen Jul 11, 2016
The first legendary pokemon was Kyogre for me, since I was playing Sapphire. It had a good array of attacks, and seemed to be quite effective against the Elite 4.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Oct 20, 2013
Mine was groudon and it was an awesome experience cuz everything was new in emerald

GreyVirgo

•=ØInfinityØ=•
Years
My first Gen. 3 game was Sapphire but sadly I didn't finish the game then I found Emulators so It was Pokemon Ruby I chose and I got Groudon then in FireRed it was Articuno. :15:

Years
My first legendary was a Zapdos in FireRed.
I did not catch any legedaries in Red even though I remember going to the Power Plant and the Cerulean Cave.

In Ruby my first legendary was Groudon.

AluminiumOxide

Aka Ansirent
Years
Am.. my first Legendary was Zapdos in Leaf green, And leaf green is my first Pokemon game i had played. well it was toooooooooooo hard to Catch it :) And cause of its my first Legendary and for ti design and spiky Feather it become my favorite Legendary. First i was just searching in the Power plant ( i doesn't knew that Zap can find there i just went there to find what really is the Power Plant) then it was little confusing to find Zapdos cause there are little confusing ways in Power plant i catch Pikachu, Magnemit there as normal Pokemon, Then i see a Pokeball there i went near to it and clicked the "A" Button and a Voltorb came to fight but Unfortunately i only had 30 ultra balls left, no Pokeball :) i thought maybe here can be a new and some rare Pokemon so i better save the Ultra balls for it, So i run from it then finally i reach to Zapdos the battle began i choose Arcaine and used some hot Moves on it after it health reach yellow color i started using Ultraballs on the Zapdos but no no no no not a single chance i saw to caught it. But after i lose my 27 or 28 balls suddenly the Zapdos was catch by the Ultra ball NO. 29 ! interesting right ? ha ha ha :)

Terff

the unimportant
Years
Well LG was my first game so I wasn't aware that I should save before catching a legendary so I missed Zapdos but I think my first was either moltres or articuno :o

Lesqx

eRepublik Player
Years
My first legendary pokemon in 3rd generations.. Oh yeah, this is Moltres in Pokemon FireRed. I'm really happy, because i catch moltres and i have spent only 2 ultra balls {XD}

Back