• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Glitchfinder

Let's all get along, please?
Years
It's the same with tilesets, you shouldn't put the events at the sides of the maps when's there's a connection or that will happen.

If you increase the ROM size it won't be changed if you make a patch and patch it on a Fire Red ROM. The changes under 16MB will be applied on the ROM when you patch it.

So, you're saying that the data after the end of the original ROM won't get patched? If that's true, do you know how I can make it so that the data WILL get added?

Superkid11

Covered in Shroomish
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Mar 2, 2016
ScriptED won't work for me. I try to veiw something's script in Elitemap but it doesn't show anything...

userpr

Quilava Trainer
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Aug 11, 2014
yeah 1)im having problems with rs ball, when ever i try dumping the gfx bank or even look at trainer/pokemon backpicks it says: trainer/pokemon backpics location is not specified in INI. how can i fix this and if its not fixable is there another program that can do this for me.
2) In advance-map whenever i try making a new map it just overwrites already existing maps, so am I doing anything wrong or what?
thats all for now thanks in advance and if it makes any difference im working on emerald.

It's the same with tilesets, you shouldn't put the events at the sides of the maps when's there's a connection or that will happen.
The thing is... that event was nowhere near where it was duplicated. It wasn't near the edges of the map. (Does 10 tiles away count?) I don't know what to do but edit the map to make the connection farther away from that area and I don't want to do that unless neccessary. Is there any way it can be fixed?
ScriptED won't work for me. I try to veiw something's script in Elitemap but it doesn't show anything...
Put the ROM in the same directory as Elitemap and ScriptEd. That should fix it.

dreemxweever

Full fledged auto mechanic
Years
  • Age 30
  • U.S.
  • Seen May 3, 2010
asking again.. anyone answer plzzz
how do you change the beginning sprites in G/S/C
professor Elm, Hero, etc...
plzzz tell me

dreemxweever

Full fledged auto mechanic
Years
  • Age 30
  • U.S.
  • Seen May 3, 2010
the intro sprites.. you know, like Elm that says "welcome to the pokemon world..." bla bla bla.. the larger ones

phshfe

OLD MAN HACKER
Years
  • Seen Apr 27, 2008
Amplifier 2006 question

I downloaded Amplifier 2006 from Scizz's tool site,

It has an option to select English as language.

Everytime I try to select English I get this message:

Run-time error "13"
type mismatch

Any idea what I am doing wrong.

Or how to fix it.

Looks to be a wonderful program, I just can't read German.

Chiaki Shinichi

Beginning Hacker
Years
I downloaded Amplifier 2006 from Scizz's tool site,

It has an option to select English as language.

Everytime I try to select English I get this message:

Run-time error "13"
type mismatch

Any idea what I am doing wrong.

Or how to fix it.

Looks to be a wonderful program, I just can't read German.

You have to put VB runtime in the same folder.

Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2020

Some scripts won't load with ScriptED. Messages and short scripts do.

yeah 1)im having problems with rs ball, when ever i try dumping the gfx bank or even look at trainer/pokemon backpicks it says: trainer/pokemon backpics location is not specified in INI. how can i fix this and if its not fixable is there another program that can do this for me.
2) In advance-map whenever i try making a new map it just overwrites already existing maps, so am I doing anything wrong or what?
thats all for now thanks in advance and if it makes any difference im working on emerald.

1. The pkmn backpics should have been extracted, you can't extract trainer backpics.

2. Create a new map with Advance Map and finish it. Then choose "Insert" and insert it in a new spot.

The thing is... that event was nowhere near where it was duplicated. It wasn't near the edges of the map. (Does 10 tiles away count?) I don't know what to do but edit the map to make the connection farther away from that area and I don't want to do that unless neccessary. Is there any way it can be fixed?

Can you show me a screenshot of the duplicated event?
In the top and bottom edges 5 blocks and left and right edges 7 blocks.

Years
  • Seen Feb 25, 2010
Hi, I'm new at ROM Hacking and just have a couple of quick questions which have probably been answered dozens of times but I cannot find the answers most likely because their is so much to look through.

1. How do you create new pokemon sprites, both for in battle and full image.
2. How do you add the sprites into the game.

Sorry if this has been answered many times and I am just a nuisance, but I have taught myself how to use advanced map and a few others pretty effectively and have learnt from what i have read so I appreciate it.

Years
  • Seen May 21, 2007
i was wondering if there is a tool like Base Edit but worked for Fire red?
and maybe a Tool like PattEd that works for fire red

Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2020
i was wondering if there is a tool like Base Edit but worked for Fire red?
and maybe a Tool like PattEd that works for fire red

Pokemon Amplifier does what both tools do. Download it here.

Hi, I'm new at ROM Hacking and just have a couple of quick questions which have probably been answered dozens of times but I cannot find the answers most likely because their is so much to look through.

1. How do you create new pokemon sprites, both for in battle and full image.
2. How do you add the sprites into the game.

Sorry if this has been answered many times and I am just a nuisance, but I have taught myself how to use advanced map and a few others pretty effectively and have learnt from what i have read so I appreciate it.

You can use a drawing program to make them. And the second one's been asked again, you can add them with unLZ GBA.

phshfe

OLD MAN HACKER
Years
  • Seen Apr 27, 2008
I downloaded VB runtime 1,2,3 and put the in the AMP 2006 folder in program files.
Not sure how to put VB runtime 6 in the folder.

Everytime I try to change language to english

I get the

Run-time error "13"
type mismatch

Can someone tell me which VB runtime file I need
and which folder to put it in.
Thanks

Chiaki Shinichi

Beginning Hacker
Years
I downloaded VB runtime 1,2,3 and put the in the AMP 2006 folder in program files.
Not sure how to put VB runtime 6 in the folder.

Everytime I try to change language to english

I get the

Run-time error "13"
type mismatch

Can someone tell me which VB runtime file I need
and which folder to put it in.
Thanks

You need VB Runtime 6.0 for AMP 2006

phshfe

OLD MAN HACKER
Years
  • Seen Apr 27, 2008
When I load VB Run time 6.0 it does not give you an option which folder to put it in.

I m not sure how to get VB Run time 6.0 in to the Amp 2006 folder.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back