• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

My Arcanian Clan Team (RMT)

Ninjagon

Back from a break.
Years
Arcanian Clan Team

My Team from a distance:
059.gif
635.gif
113.gif
121.gif

149.gif
134.gif

My Team up close and detailed (Portable):
Spoiler:
I lost my spare Life Orbs as i released my pokemon holding them. Also for any suggestions please only use 252/252/4 sets, Try to make any suggestions not from Gen V and Arcanine has to stay. Thanks :D.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
You're going have to re-breed Arcanine, since one of its good moves, Close Combat, is one if its egg moves. Dig is also terrible competitively, since it's so easy to get around. And what purpose does Aerial Ace serve? I don't see much use of it; use ExtremeSpeed for the priority.

Hydreigon has no need for the Power Herb since it has no charge-up moves. I think you were referring to the White Herb? A Choice Specs or Choice Scarf is a better alternative because of the ability to either hit hard or fast right off the bat. If you use one of these items, consider U-turn somewhere on Hydreigon.

If you can go to the Dream World, try and get a Dragonite with Multiscale; it should be the primary ability to be used. Or you can wait till B2/W2 where you can potentially get one in a Hidden Hollow:
-Dragon Dance
-Dragon Claw/Outrage
-Fire Punch
-Roost/Earthquake/ExtremeSpeed
Nature: Adamant/Jolly
EVs: 252 HP/44 Atk/216 Spe or 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spe
Item: Leftovers/Life Orb
Ability: Multiscale

or
-Substitute
-Thunder Wave
-Dragon Tail
-Roost
Nature: Careful
EVs: 252 HP/4 Atk/252 SDef
Item: Leftovers

And if you don't mind my asking, why the 4/252/252 spreads? Sometimes different spreads are better to suit the Pokemon's needs. The Vaporeon set you're using should be 244 HP/136 Def/128 Spe.

Ninjagon

Back from a break.
Years
You're going have to re-breed Arcanine, since one of its good moves, Close Combat, is one if its egg moves. Dig is also terrible competitively, since it's so easy to get around. And what purpose does Aerial Ace serve? I don't see much use of it; use ExtremeSpeed for the priority.
I had Aerial Ace and Dig for coverage, i knew someone would tell me to change it's moves :P but yeah i'll re-breed it :/

Hydreigon has no need for the Power Herb since it has no charge-up moves. I think you were referring to the White Herb? A Choice Specs or Choice Scarf is a better alternative because of the ability to either hit hard or fast right off the bat. If you use one of these items, consider U-turn somewhere on Hydreigon.
Yeah that is what i meant lol... I hate getting locked into a move, but i'll change the item and replace Surf for U-Turn.

If you can go to the Dream World, try and get a Dragonite with Multiscale; it should be the primary ability to be used. Or you can wait till B2/W2 where you can potentially get one in a Hidden Hollow:
-Dragon Dance
-Dragon Claw/Outrage
-Fire Punch
-Roost/Earthquake/ExtremeSpeed
Nature: Adamant/Jolly
EVs: 252 HP/44 Atk/216 Spe or 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spe
Item: Leftovers/Life Orb

or
-Substitute
-Thunder Wave
-Dragon Tail
-Roost
Nature: Careful
EVs: 252 HP/4 Atk/252 SDef
Item: Leftovers
Trust me, if i had access to my WiFi, Dratini is 1st on my list (Ninetales being 2nd), so for the time being, i'll make use with what i've got. Also if can suggest a set with SOME Bulk but can fair on the specially offensive side that would be good.

And if you don't mind my asking, why the 4/252/252 spreads? Sometimes different spreads are better to suit the Pokemon's needs. The Vaporeon set you're using should be 244 HP/136 Def/128 Spe.
Tbh i really just want dedicated, non-balanced, easy-to-train spreads. And i know they suit them better, but i haven't the time to re-EV Train a million pokemon.

Anything else wrong? I've realised my team is OU lol (except Arcanine), i guess im just used to it :P

Years
Well, if you hate training pokémon, ask someone for a Pokérus or use Macho Balance. Also you can play Pokémon Online.

About the team, P-Dude already said most of my suggestion, so I will just tell you to change some item.
You should take Life Orb of Arcanine for Starmie, and slap some Choice Band to him cuz he have the awesome ExtremeSpeed, plus nice offensive power with Flash Fire on. If you still want to have LO on Arcanine, ask someone you know for it or just use a cheat device (like me) to get one.

Ninjagon

Back from a break.
Years
I have both of those things legity, and i said haven't the time to re-train a whole team. Also i have PO but i feel like some WiFi Battles, what i hate is getting locked into one move. My AR is also buggered so i don't use it. You think everything else is fine?

Lezza

The Guy who loves Braviarys
Years
I had Aerial Ace and Dig for coverage, i knew someone would tell me to change it's moves :P but yeah i'll re-breed it :/

Yeah that is what i meant lol... I hate getting locked into a move, but i'll change the item and replace Surf for U-Turn.

Trust me, if i had access to my WiFi, Dratini is 1st on my list (Ninetales being 2nd), so for the time being, i'll make use with what i've got. Also if can suggest a set with SOME Bulk but can fair on the specially offensive side that would be good.

Tbh i really just want dedicated, non-balanced, easy-to-train spreads. And i know they suit them better, but i haven't the time to re-EV Train a million pokemon.

Anything else wrong? I've realised my team is OU lol (except Arcanine), i guess im just used to it :P

Cool, i can easily counter your team now, know ur movesets, and plan my team around it, thankz!

Ninjagon

Back from a break.
Years
Are you really gonna base your team around me? There are other challengers -_-
That being said, im changing part of my team.

Years
For a spinner, use Donphan if can't afford a LO for Starmie (It will mostly be 2HKOed so Leftovers is meaningless). I suggest this set
Donphan (M) @ Leftovers
Traits: Sturdy
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
- Ice Shard
- Earthquake
- Rapid Spin
- Stealth Rock

Back