• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PCX] Writing Competition

bobandbill

one more time
Years
Alright, got other stuff to do today so sending my entry in rn as well to you judges in a moment. Happy I managed to get it done; that was my main aim. \o/

Good luck to everyone else!

-ty-

Don't Ask, Just Tell
Years
  • Age 32
  • USA
  • Seen May 2, 2015
I have received your entries, Mizan and b&b.

Fifty-five minutes remain! Write, write, write! (And proofread!)

It was a race against time, but I got it done! I did a brief proof-read, so I have my fingers crossed that I didn't completely butcher the grammar.

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen today
It's eleven minutes after the ending time (according to my computer) so that's it! The submission period is over!

Hopefully we'll have the judging done in a week at the latest.

I've received Mizan's, bnb's, and -ty-'s entries.

Cutlerine

Gone. May or may not return.
Years
Aw, man. I totally should have entered this, but my mind was completely paralysed - only for a story to suddenly burst, fully-fledged, into my mind the day after the submission deadline.

Ah, well. I shall have to wait until next time.

F.A.B.

bobandbill

one more time
Years
Oi, as good a writer as Cutlerine may be (which is definitely the case), some of us aren't slouches either. =p No need to make those sort of comments without even seeing what entries people made up after all though, as it can be taken to be kinda disrespectful to other people.

On that note, anyone want to say what they wrote about or how or somesuch?

-ty-

Don't Ask, Just Tell
Years
  • Age 32
  • USA
  • Seen May 2, 2015
Oi, as good a writer as Cutlerine may be (which is definitely the case), some of us aren't slouches either. =p No need to make those sort of comments without even seeing what entries people made up after all though, as it can be taken to be kinda disrespectful to other people.

On that note, anyone want to say what they wrote about or how or somesuch?
Mine was non-Pokemon related. I just find it hard to make a narrative of Pokemon without sounding too cheesy or stoic. Kudos for those who can pull off the balance.

I wrote about a man who is locked in a medical facility (against his will), and has absolutely nothing to do as he is confined to a small cubicle, often restrained to the bed. Therefore, he has no one to talk to, he finds company in his thoughts and past experience. While thinking back on his past he contemplates about the many questions and secrets that have been kept from him as he grew up, which have cause him to have an identity crisis. Alone, with his haunting thoughts he tries to understand or speculate what the truth is. Why he is in the facility and what his purpose in life is while he lies in purgatory. Also, it was a first-person account of the events.

I don't want to ruin the whole plot, so that is all I will say :)

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen today
That awkward moment when you realize there's a typo that's been in the OP for two years.

Scores aren't up yet, people. It's getting close, though.

droomph

weeb
Years
Mine was non-Pokemon related. I just find it hard to make a narrative of Pokemon without sounding too cheesy or stoic. Kudos for those who can pull off the balance.

I wrote about a man who is locked in a medical facility (against his will), and has absolutely nothing to do as he is confined to a small cubicle, often restrained to the bed. Therefore, he has no one to talk to, he finds company in his thoughts and past experience. While thinking back on his past he contemplates about the many questions and secrets that have been kept from him as he grew up, which have cause him to have an identity crisis. Alone, with his haunting thoughts he tries to understand or speculate what the truth is. Why he is in the facility and what his purpose in life is while he lies in purgatory. Also, it was a first-person account of the events.

I don't want to ruin the whole plot, so that is all I will say :)
Lol, I wrote about non-Pokémon too for the same reason :3

Mine's a myth, because I thought that would count as "secret". I guess it got accepted, but I rly have no clue tbh :P

Well, it was a good try while it lasted.

bobandbill

one more time
Years
Mine was also Pokemon related, and basically more an excuse to write out an old idea I had that I didn't know how to exactly start or end (just had the overall premise and short scenes here and there). About half was about from the perspective of a Pokemon and the other 3rd person of two people, so it's a bit of a test or somesuch for myself as well in linking the two? We shall see I guess. =p

-ty-

Don't Ask, Just Tell
Years
  • Age 32
  • USA
  • Seen May 2, 2015
Mine was also Pokemon related, and basically more an excuse to write out an old idea I had that I didn't know how to exactly start or end (just had the overall premise and short scenes here and there). About half was about from the perspective of a Pokemon and the other 3rd person of two people, so it's a bit of a test or somesuch for myself as well in linking the two? We shall see I guess. =p

I like the idea of a 1st person perspective from the pokemon. It kinda gives me some ideas for next year.

Also, will entries be available on here to read?
I'd like to read entries regardless of placement.

bobandbill

one more time
Years
Generally entries after judging are encouraged to be posted in the FF&W section going by past competitions. I'll certainly be posting mine there after some potential revisions.

Last edited:

icomeanon6

It's "I Come Anon"
Years
Also, will entries be available on here to read?
I'd like to read entries regardless of placement.
That's entirely up to the author. We encourage you guys to post your stories in the Fan Fiction & Writing forum after the results are in, preferably with [SWC] before the title so they're easy to spot.

Also, thanks for being patient, everyone. We're almost done judging!

EDIT:

bobandbill has ninja'd me. That's what I get for checking back to this Orioles/Rangers game every five words. (Orioles in the playoffs! Rangers about to get kicked out of the playoffs in the first round! Exciting stuff, people.)

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen today
People who do post their stories in FF&W will have the extra bonus of a review from the judges, so you can see what we thought about the story.

Back