• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Berries & Fruits

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
*topic revived from an dead one*

We haven't gotten the chance to grow or obtain berries in Generation 5 (at least not outside Dream World).

So, would you like berries to return? In addition, would you like to once again have the chance to grow your own berries? Would you also like to create more goodies with berries (ie. cooking with them for food?)

What if Gen 6, along side berries, has a new type of fruit? What sort of fruit would you like to see other than berries? Would you like to grow those new types of fruit too? What would you like to do with these new kinds of fruits?

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
I didn't really get why they took berries out in the first place (minus the Dream World), since they were very well implement in Gen 3 and Gen 4 (at least I thought they were). I'd love to see them make a comeback, as they were extremely useful as healing options (both for status, PP, and HP), and I liked that I had the ability to plant them where I saw fit so I could continue to harvest them. Although I didn't really use them for Pokéblocks or Poffins, I'd still like to see those make a comeback as well.

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 13, 2023
I want the berries to make a glorious return, if only because I want them to be used in a new side quest involving cooking. I mean with nearly 100 berries the variety can offer some pretty stellar results, and perhaps even the deepest side quest yet. Otherwise berries aren't really needed, I mean without contests they just are a free farmable way to get antidotes, burn heals and what not, and to me they were always a bit cheap.

Sirfetch’d

I want them back. I found it fun planting and watering the berries because many of them are very useful. Also in gen 3 making Pokeblocks was very fun so I hope everything about berries makes a return.

Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2015
Im all for berries returning as long as the can be grown in game again.Growing them in the Dream World was annoying and slow and not everyone has access. I wish for an item like the Berry Pots, that thing was awesome, no backtracking to pick and water berries. That being said I like berries a lot and many are useful. They seem to generally represent fruits in the games, so I doubt any other types of fruits will be introduced, and I think berries themselves are enough.

Years
I loved the berries and I'm sad it's only for the Dream World now... Because I don't really use the Dream World much at all. (Computer is pretty laggy so I often can't be bothered.) I'd say maybe once every 6 months, really, it's that rare. I go on if there's a promotion to enter a password for or something, but almost never go into the Dream World itself... I miss just being able to grow berries on your handheld game... I really loved just going to the Berry Master's house every day in RSE and getting free berries, and then planting them in that giant area of loamy soil. I wish that could return...

That said, I don't think we should completely lose hope because Unova is based in NYC and the surrounding areas... Hardly the kind of place you would expect to see random berries growing. (Trust me, I live there.) I know they could have done something like with the berry pots or whatever they were called... But I suppose since the Dream World was new and they wanted to promote it, they put it there instead. I think if there is a region that is fit for growing berries, they might just add places to pick and grow them again. And if they do a Hoenn remake or something, they had better add that feature back in there. lol

Guy

just a guy
Years
I want berries back, but I wouldn't mind it if they introduced a new variety of fruits instead. So long as we can go back to being able to grow and pick them in various locations around the region though, then I'll be satisfied. I didn't like that they resorted to the Dream World for this when keeping it within the games themselves has always been a better place for them.

Keiran

[b]Rock Solid[/b]
Years
I like the current berry system in Unova. You can get bunches of the important berries daily from multiple npcs, as well as from Florists in Join Avenue. Dream World isn't the only option!

The problem is the uselessness of the many ingredient-only berries. I'd like to be able to create different types of Poke Balls again and medicines with those, and also continue using them as currency for secret base items instead of selling them to a maniac for chump change.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
More things like Salac berry etc, but for them to like, uh, raise speed and stuff at 50% with a certain condition. Though idk what. If the mon is EVed 100%?

GrayJM9

Playing White 2
Years
  • Seen May 14, 2013
I didn't like growing them but I did like poffins so I'd like that to return.

Boilurn

Scald Pokémon
Years
We already have lots of different fruit, but I certainly would like to find an easier way to possess more berries in Gen 6, especially those type-resistance ones. Maybe grow them in your own garden, or let someone hand a random one to you as a reward or something like that. BTW, the only type-resistance berry that I had was the Yache Berry from Iris in the BW version, which is quite good considering that Ice-type moves hit 4 types supereffectively.

miltankRancher

Mega Ampharos is the one.
Years
I am not a grower of berries, but I would like to see them returning. Instant in-game cure from status ailments (from Lum or other stat-specific berries like Pecha and Chesto) is a welcome mechanic. Competitively, I like using berries like Salac for the stat boost. It's seldom not a tide-turner.

blue

gucci
Years
It would be nice to grow different fruits, it would be something different as opposed to berries. Different fruits could boost different stats i.e Strawberries boost Attack, Banana boost Defence etc.

Magnetic

Underground Trainer
Years
  • Seen Jan 29, 2018
For some reason, I've never gotten into berries in these games. I'll use them if they do something I need (status heal, small HP fix). But I largely ignore them. Wouldn't blink if they removed the feature from the game, but if people like them, that's cool too!

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
I don't really see what other berries could be implemented honestly, other than maybe rare berries that could increase a Pokémon's EVs akin to Vitamins. We already have all statuses covered, all the pinch berries already exist for each stat, what more do we really need?

As for other types of fruit growing, as long as there is an actual purpose for them and they aren't just retconning berries/anything else I'd be fine with it.

Back