• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Shiny Gold

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alex

what will it be next?
Years
  • Seen Dec 30, 2022
CharFeralScep: For now there's no way to catch a Bagon, so you'll have to wait a few betas to get it in-game, I think.

F.L.Y.: I know of that possibility, it's the last chance if there's no other way, because, it won't really be a shiny (and I doubt the game would really recognize it as a Gyarados, but, perhaps, Pokemon Amplifier can do a lot of stuff)

That's all (the rest has already been answered by loyal guys ;)) Well, I want the puzzles of Victory Road to be a bit complicated, so I'm busy with that (but I've finished the mapping), oh! don't forget to bring pokes with almost all hms (cut, rock smash, surf, strength, whirlpool and waterfall), because you'll need all of them to be sucessful and reach the league!

Maybe I'll make a screenie of Blackthorn's Gym tomorrow (it's been a while since I posted something from the game)

No prob, zel! Heheh... Oh god, no! Not all the hm's! I hate teaching my pokes HMs! Especially ones like Rock Smash and Flash... zel... PLEASE keep it to useful battle HMs like Surf, Strength, Whirlpool is fine, since it was an in-direct gift, Waterfall I understand. And, since we're in a cave, why would we need cut? Unless you plan on having vegetation in this cave... What other HMs are there... Fly, will we need Fly? Of course not... That's it! Cut, Fly, Surf, Strength, Flash, Rock Smash and Waterfall (Whirlpool is only a TM in FR).

Anyways... don't make us need the useless-in-battles HMs... You can be so mean sometimes :P

Alex

what will it be next?
Years
  • Seen Dec 30, 2022
If that is the case with the HMs then instead of ruining your party with smelly moves, just bring like 2 good pokemon in your team and fill the rest with HM slaves :P

I raise more then 2 good pokemon. I raise about 4-5 good pokemon, of various types. Ampharos <3

Angelic Diablo

Scyther >> You
Years
you can still get some pretty good HM slaves though, Lotad should be the most useful one, he can learn cut, surf, waterfall and whirlpool, then grab a machop or something for strength and rock smash and you should be alright

Years
Yeaa, right now, My team is Feraligatr, Graveler, Butterfree, Charmeleon. My HM slave is Spearow (from the guard (Also, the nickname is supposed to be Speary :P)). I always leave my sixth slot empty, because that's what Gary did up until he challenged the elite four. So, I shall carry his legacy. (Also, it's good for when I catch pokemon and see their stats in the field). :P

For now, let's discuss our current SG team, (not levels because it's bad to brag:P) until we see the new screens, xD

Years
  • Seen Aug 12, 2019
My team is: Charizard, Sceptile, Scizor, Feraligatr (a.k.a Aquaman :D), Aerodactyl and either Ampharos/Tyranitar

Wouldnt mind getting a Salamence though...

Alex

what will it be next?
Years
  • Seen Dec 30, 2022
Hm.. let me go check out my two SG saves. I played it twice for fun. You'll see it's basically the same thing, hold on.

First save:
Pidgeotto
Whiscash
Feraligatr
Ampharos
Sudowoodo
--empty--

Second save:
Ampharos
Scyther
Whiscash
Feraligatr
Nidorino
Pidgeotto

Years
  • Seen Aug 12, 2019
I just wanted to get amphy as like an electric type, what is your view on it? Any good? What are some good moves it learns?

Years
  • Seen Jan 13, 2009
Well, haven't been here for a bit, but then again here's my team for my original save game:

Typhlosion
Ampharos
Swampert
Espeon
Breloom
{empty slot} (I think I'll just get the small Delibird, and with his flying/ice dual type, I think he'll be handle enough!)

Years
  • Seen Dec 12, 2010
Amazing hack, I love it. ^_^

Sad thing is... I'm stuck on returning Farfetch'd. :_:

Edit: O.o Er... did I just glitch my way through or was that supposed to happen?

Last edited:

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
Years
Oh god, no! Not all the hm's! I hate teaching my pokes HMs! Especially ones like Rock Smash and Flash... zel... PLEASE keep it to useful battle HMs like Surf, Strength, Whirlpool is fine, since it was an in-direct gift, Waterfall I understand. And, since we're in a cave, why would we need cut? Unless you plan on having vegetation in this cave... What other HMs are there... Fly, will we need Fly? Of course not... That's it! Cut, Fly, Surf, Strength, Flash, Rock Smash and Waterfall (Whirlpool is only a TM in FR).

Anyways... don't make us need the useless-in-battles HMs... You can be so mean sometimes :P

Hehe... Well, my job is to give challenges to you, my fellow Shiny Gold player... :laugh:

Sad thing is... I'm stuck on returning Farfetch'd. :_:

Edit: O.o Er... did I just glitch my way through or was that supposed to happen?

You'll need to keep trying because there's a way to make it work (and it's not glitched, unless you are not playing the Beta3.5)

Well, here's the look of Blackthorn's Gym...

blackthorngymcb0.png

As you can see, you need to throw boulders in the second floor to reach the leader (you'll be jumping over the lava). But, I don't want to spoil the second floor since it has been greatly changed with new puzzles (if you fail them, you need to go out the gym and get back to reset things and start all of the puzzles again :badsmile:) But... Don't worry, they all make sense, if you think a few seconds before acting.

Alex

what will it be next?
Years
  • Seen Dec 30, 2022
Well then.. I guess I will have to... STOP PLAYING SHINYGOLD! XP no way.. I can't do that. Well a gym that's totally tricked out with new challenges is fine (I mean, this is the last gym of Johto, after all). I don't care about that, it's just VR that I don't wanna go through. On top of needing all those HMs, you've got Trainers to beat (the toughest ones of Johto, might I add), and strong wild poke. At least I'll gain lots o' experience there!

Silent Storm

Achieving Perfection
Years
Hehe... Well, my job is to give challenges to you, my fellow Shiny Gold player... :laugh:

You'll need to keep trying because there's a way to make it work (and it's not glitched, unless you are not playing the Beta3.5)

Well, here's the look of Blackthorn's Gym...

blackthorngymcb0.png

As you can see, you need to throw boulders in the second floor to reach the leader (you'll be jumping over the lava). But, I don't want to spoil the second floor since it has been greatly changed with new puzzles (if you fail them, you need to go out the gym and get back to reset things and start all of the puzzles again :badsmile:) But... Don't worry, they all make sense, if you think a few seconds before acting.

Nice screenies

Critze time lol.

I think when you finsihed scripting the whole game and you go back to fix up maps I would suggest you extend the gym by on tile to make it look nicer, by this I mean add extr tiles to the gym cause that dosnt look right.

The same goes for the tin woer top floor.

But nice screenies anyways.

Alex

what will it be next?
Years
  • Seen Dec 30, 2022
There are fire pokemon. It's not really a secret because it's in a screenshot so I won't spoiler it. There's a Charmander at the Goldenrod Game Corner.

Years
  • Seen Mar 17, 2012
Well, I've been away for a while, and so I've just had to read 16 pages :P

Anyway, you're making great progress Zel, I really didn't expect you to have done so much so quickly.I think the sinking ship idea is good for the game, but adding something thats based on the anime seemed to have given people other anime based ideas - I guess its a case of "Give them an inch and they'll take a mile"

By the way you know those seven brothers and sisters that appear on certain days of the week on GCS e.g. Monica appeared near olivine on a monday to give the player a sharp beak. Will there be something similar in SG, or will there be another way to get these items, or will these items even be in the game? just wondering...

Random

-
Years
  • Seen Feb 10, 2008
Awesome screenshot of the gym zel, lets hope we can see the rest of Blackthorn, seeing how we never saw it. Keep up the word with the Victory Road, the E4, and then the GS-ball. (oh did i say that out loud, i meant the S.S. Anne or *whatever*.) ^-^

dipset4ever

Pokemon Hacker in the Making
Years
wow, ampharos seems to be really popualr with u people

So far my Ampharos is at level 61 and Typhlosion is at 63 ^_^ thanks zel for makin the high level pokemon trainers so easy to beat and thus makin this game a breeze becuase the pokemon level up too fast

Twinx

s o m e t h i n g M O R E
Years
mm ok i found some glitches that i don't think have been reported yet.. but be nice if mentioned before :D

1 - INVISIBLE WALL???
blockedqi8.png

zel.. im sure there's no item here :D:D

2 - BLUEPRINT
blueprinthd5.png

3 - SPELLING ERROR???
foesvd1.png

Shouldn't that be "foe's" ???
EDIT: hehe i know zel is spanish, but he's really good in english, it's a simple mistake... not too big of a deal but just wanted to point it out..

4 - TILE GLITCHS
icancmyselfindatreecu8.png
headil0.png

I know how much you hate tiles but...
EDIT: for the picture one the right it's in WHIRL ISLANDS (for those of u wonderin)

5 - NO CRY
nocryzd4.png

Aren't you supposed to hear a cry? (well of course you're not gonna hear it from the pic!! :P hehe)

6 - A TWIN !
ohmysc7.png

hehe i dnt know what that is but it should probably be hidden.. :P

7- ROUTE 41 FISHING
route411iy6.png
route412of5.png

well if u try fishing...

8 - INFINITE KING ROCKS
toomanyman1kq6.png

This has been reported before but i'm not sure you noticed it
EDIT: THIS IS IN THE SLOWPOKE WELL

9 - YOU TALKIN TO ME??
youtalkintomebr2.png

now i experienced this in BETA 3.. not sure if you fixed it...

10 - NOT EXACTLY A GLITCH...
wutisit4lb0.png

not really a glitch but a question.. i got these berries with the PICKUP ABILITY... is there gonna be a use for them? if not can you change the berries you get with PICKUP??

oofff this was long... sorry for the inconvience :P

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back