• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon: Liquid Crystal [3.3.xxxxx Live Beta]

TheMiketroid

The Ultimate Metroid Master
Years
guess in 3rd city, you have to surf... there is a guy who gives you the flute. BUT WHY THERE ARENT THE PEDESTALS???

First off, thanks you for telling me the location of the Blue flute!

I don't see the pillars either. Maybe you need to have the White and Black Flutes as well. I have all but black.

does anyone know the earliest one can get a Sun Stone? Thanks!

Olivine City lighthouse I believe. A person in there sells one.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Apr 25, 2020
First off, thanks you for telling me the location of the Blue flute!

I don't see the pillars either. Maybe you need to have the White and Black Flutes as well. I have all but black.

Olivine City lighthouse I believe. A person in there sells one.
where is the white flute?
i need it...

Years
  • Seen Jan 9, 2013
Does anybody have a link to a LC ready VBA for mac? I want to get into playing the game, but the link provided always gives me an exe. file. I'd rather not have to go through the whole process of making the exe. file mac accessible. Any help would be great, thanks!

Jambo51

Glory To Arstotzka
Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2018
Except that I got the silver wing AFTER I caught Lugia...

Yes, I also confirm this. I had caught Lugia while on my way 2 Cianwood. I had 4 badges and obviously I didn't have the silver wing. I didn't use it as it felt cheap and game-breaking.

So there's a game breaking scripting bug, and you didn't bother to tell us...

One request...

Could you please update the Live Log more frequently? I see that the newest Live Beta version was released yesterday, but the latest entry in the Live Log was on January 26th. I'd really like to know the changes, bugfixes, etc changed in the latest Live Log... thanks!

Also qq..

does anyone know the earliest one can get a Sun Stone? Thanks!

EDIT:

Another bug I found:
I *THINK* Rain Dance and Sunny Day don't correctly increase/decrease Water and Fire moves. I used Rain Dance and was doing the same damage with Water Gun as I did before using it... so I think its broken, possibly relating to the special / physical split, I don't know.

The Live Log hasn't been updated because the ROM hasn't been changed. The ips file is automatically updated every 15 minutes, so the ips is always up to date, while the live log lists the changes we actually make.

As to the potential weather bug, I'll investigate it later.

Does anybody have a link to a LC ready VBA for mac? I want to get into playing the game, but the link provided always gives me an exe. file. I'd rather not have to go through the whole process of making the exe. file mac accessible. Any help would be great, thanks!

The actual hack isn't stored as an executable. You're clicking the link to the advised emulator rather than the rom. The rom will play on your existing emulator, but we can't guarantee it'll run bug free, and if you run into bugs we can't replicate, there's nothing we can do to help you.

Sayan

is tightening its focus
Years
So there's a game breaking scripting bug, and you didn't bother to tell us...

Sorry about that. But most of the time I spot such bugs I'm mid-game and I don't always feel like pausing the game to note the bug. Also, to tell the truth, I'm pretty discouraged as I had posted 15 or so bugs both in PC and Pkmnworld a month ago (some of which are, I believe, pretty easy to fix, such as tile errors). But I didn't even get any proper feedback, so I was pretty disappointed...

Years
  • Seen Jan 7, 2018
Found another minor bug.

In the underground switch puzzle, the first switch always reads: "Switch 1 is OFF. Would you like to turn it ON?", whether the switch is supposed to be ON or OFF. Luckily, it still seems to switch the puzzle when its pressed.

Also I decided to help you guys out with your Moveset errors. I went through all the Learnable TMs using LTEP and found all the errors I could spot with the naked eye. Of course this doesn't include your Move Tutors. Thought this might be helpful.

Venusaur family:
- Should be able to learn Sleep Powder.

Charizard family:
- Should be able to learn Solar Beam.

Fearow family:
- Spearow can learn Rollout, Fearow cannot. I assume Spearow should not be able to learn Rollout.

Crobat family:
- Should be able to learn Sludge Bomb.

Vileplume family:
- Should be able to learn Sleep Powder (this includes Bellossom).

Parasect family:
- Paras can learn Thief and Fury Cutter while Parasect cannot.

Golduck family:
- Psyduck can learn Rollout, Golduck cannot.

Primeape family:
- Mankey can learn Sleep Talk, Primeape cannot.

Poliwrath family:
- Poliwag can learn the following moves its evolved forms can't: Dig, Dream Eater, Zap Cannon.

Victreebel family:
- Should be able to learn Sleep Powder (seems to be a recurring problem for Grass-types)
- Victreebel can't learn Endure, while its pre-evolved versions can.

Golem family:
- I noticed it can learn Aerial Ace through move tutor (as a Graveller)... are you sure this should be able to happen... ?

Magneton family:
- Magneton can't learn Frustration (Magnemite can).

Farfetch'd:
- Farfetch'd can learn Sleep Powder ... ?

Gengar family:
- Should be able to learn Sludge Bomb. (In the 17 Type masters, the Ghost user's Gengar knows Sludge Bomb)
- Should Gengar really be able to learn Sleep Powder?

Hypno family:
- Hypno can't learn Thief, but Drowzee can.

Lickitung:
- Can learn Sleep Powder... ?

Weezing family:
- Weezing can't learn Sunny Day, but Koffing can.

Exeggutor family:

Starmie family:
- Noticed that it can't learn Ice Beam or Thunderbolt through Move tutor, while it almost certainly should. (In fact, in the 17 Type masters, the Water master's Starmie has both moves)

Kingdra family:
- Kingdra can't learn Whirlpool while Seadra and Horsea can.

Meganium family:
- PROBABLY should be able to learn Sleep Powder. He has never been able to learn it in-game, but since its a TM I feel ike it should be included (a TCG card of Chikorita has Sleep Powder, in fact). Interestingly enough, BAYLEAF can learn Sleep Powder already but not Chikorita or Meganium!
- Going with the above, Bayleaf can learn Fury Cutter while Meganium cannot.
- Only Meganium can learn Attract, but they all probably should be able to.
- Meganium shouldn't be able to learn Icy Wind.

Eevee family:
- The only Eeveelution able to learn Dig right now is Espeon. They probably all should be able to.

Feraligatr family:
- Croconaw can't learn Toxic, while Feraligatr and Totodile can.

Typhlosion family:
- Someone reported elsewhere that Typhlosion is compatible with Ice Beam which probably should NOT be the case. But this is unconfirmed by me.

Togetic family:
- Togepi can learn Rock Smash, but not Togetic.

Xatu family:
- Natu can learn Shadow Ball, but not Xatu..?
- Same thing with Sleep Talk.

Azumarill family:
- Marill can learn Icy Wind, but Azumarill cannot.

Sudowoodo:
- Probably shouldn't be able to learn Sleep Powder.

Jumpluff family:
- Once again, should be able to learn Sleep Powder.

Sunflora family:
- Probably shouldn't be able to learn Icy Wind.

Girafarig / Miltank / Suicune / Lugia / Ho-oh:
- Probably shouldn't be able to learn Sleep Powder. I think this error comes from the TM being Psych Up in G/S/C while it is Sleep Powder in Liquid Crystal. Perhaps instead of all these Sleep Powder errors, you should change the move to Psych Up?

Didn't check all the RSE Pokemon cause I don't care enough. :P

Hope that helps.

Last edited:
Years

I don't think that will be possible because the latest Mac version of VBA has been outdated for a while now and I don't think they're going to update it again.

So you can either try to play the game on VBA for Mac (but it might be glitchy) or play it on a Windows partition if you have one (which is what I'm doing, very successfully so far I must say).

Years
  • Seen Jan 7, 2018
Minor bug you're probably aware of..

If you Fly away before a "Call" event before taking a single step, you won't get the call and need to go back to that location and step on one of those spaces before getting the call.

This happened when Elm is supposed to call to give you the Master Ball outside of Dragon Den for me. I flew away to heal my Pokemon and realized I never got the call. I had to go back to Dragon's Den entrance to trigger the event.

Years

If you Fly away before a "Call" event before taking a single step, you won't get the call and need to go back to that location and step on one of those spaces before getting the call.

This happened when Elm is supposed to call to give you the Master Ball outside of Dragon Den for me. I flew away to heal my Pokemon and realized I never got the call. I had to go back to Dragon's Den entrance to trigger the event.

Hey, I had exactly the same bug ! I flew away right after getting out of the cave and I wondered why Elm wasn't calling me. I never figured out this was the reason. But anyway, if that happens to you, he gives you the Master Ball after beating the E4 so it's not so bad. At least that's what happened to me...

Mr. Black

Master Of Reality
Years
version 3.1 is kinda buggy.....i cant even challenge goldenrod city's gym ! when i enter its like i have beaten all the trainers and the leader but i have only 2 badges....

bwburke94

Forever Aspertia's Aspie
Years
@gam3r: Talk to the leader again if you don't get the badge immediately.

@Killer_Nacho: Glad to see you're actually participating in this thread. Didn't think you were interested in hacks. (BTW, how about attempting a Magikarp run for nostalgia's sake? jk...)

Jambo51

Glory To Arstotzka
Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2018
Sorry about that. But most of the time I spot such bugs I'm mid-game and I don't always feel like pausing the game to note the bug. Also, to tell the truth, I'm pretty discouraged as I had posted 15 or so bugs both in PC and Pkmnworld a month ago (some of which are, I believe, pretty easy to fix, such as tile errors). But I didn't even get any proper feedback, so I was pretty disappointed...

Really? I don't personally look over the tiling errors and such because it's not my area of expertise. I do try to answer bug reports I can deal with on here though.

Sorry if I accidentally skimmed over you (or anyone else, for that matter) reporting a bug that hasn't already been fixed.

Also I decided to help you guys out with your Moveset errors. I went through all the Learnable TMs using LTEP and found all the errors I could spot with the naked eye. Of course this doesn't include your Move Tutors. Thought this might be helpful.

*Cut for brevity*

Hope that helps.

Thank you, seeing such a comprehensive list is always a very good way to eliminate these errors. Massive thanks from the LC team for that! :)

Yeah, these events should get changed to level scripts, to be honest...

Years
  • Seen Jan 7, 2018
@gam3r: Talk to the leader again if you don't get the badge immediately.

@Killer_Nacho: Glad to see you're actually participating in this thread. Didn't think you were interested in hacks. (BTW, how about attempting a Magikarp run for nostalgia's sake? jk...)

I'm actually considering doing a playthrough of Liquid Crystal after White. :p

Jason_F

Green Avenger
Years
Does anyone know what to do once you're at the Orange Islands? I can't find Professor Ivy, is there something I'm supposed to do first?

Years
  • Seen Jan 7, 2018
Does anyone know what to do once you're at the Orange Islands? I can't find Professor Ivy, is there something I'm supposed to do first?

I'll give you a hint... "Reading someone else's email is rude, but it could have helpful information."

Years
  • Seen Aug 12, 2015
Hey I'm stuck at the part where I need to find the clear bell. I head to the Ruins of Alph and go into all four runs, and do all four puzzles. However, for some reason, the 4th puzzle is a room with a puzzle of omanyte and not an area where a strange voice SHOULD talk to me. Watching youtube videos, it seems like a strange voice gives me the clear bell and sends me to burned tower, or something like that. Instead, I just go into a room with an omanyte puzzle. I solved the puzzle but nothing else is happening! I'm stuck in this part of the plot! What do I do?

Years
Hey I'm stuck at the part where I need to find the clear bell. I head to the Ruins of Alph and go into all four runs, and do all four puzzles. However, for some reason, the 4th puzzle is a room with a puzzle of omanyte and not an area where a strange voice SHOULD talk to me. Watching youtube videos, it seems like a strange voice gives me the clear bell and sends me to burned tower, or something like that. Instead, I just go into a room with an omanyte puzzle. I solved the puzzle but nothing else is happening! I'm stuck in this part of the plot! What do I do?

You are not supposed to do any puzzles friend. You just had to go into one of the Special chambers in which the voice teleports you to the location of the Clear bell

Back