• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Danger on the S.S. Anne [SU+OOC]

NightOfRemorse

my anxieties have anxieties
Years
Yay, finally done :3 Please tell me if I need to make any changes so I can make them pronto!

Spoiler:

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
NightOfRemorse - another brilliant SU! Eve is a lovely balanced girl, I like how you focused on explaining her family situation. Also the little PokéBios you included of how each were caught is nice. I think Grimer just about balances the other two's levels, so I don't think I have anything that needs changing at all.

Accepted! :)

King!

better
Years
I'd like to reserve the final spot, if I haven't been nija'd already. I should have my SU up by tonight :)

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
I'd like to reserve the final spot, if I haven't been nija'd already. I should have my SU up by tonight :)

Who could say not to a King? ;] The last reservation spot goes to you sir!

There are no longer any available spots, if you are interested in joining feel free to say in the thread, or in PM/VM to me, and I shall contact you if a place opens up.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
Oh my god...this roleplay just... exploded! Either the RP attracted more roleplayers or my advertising worked! xD This is a successful run, Swifty!

Anyways...here's my SU. Let me know if I'm missing something. Took me the whole day to do this! xD

Spoiler:

Last edited:

drunk ¬_¬

Koga Bunshin no Jutsu!
Years
I know o_o barely 24 hours after posting. I'll be submitting the IC thread Friday most likely, by the looks of it we'll be ready to start as soon as it's up!
Well, at least I know I'm not going to be the lagger… :P

Spoiler:

EDIT:
If you think other moves deserve to be on the list please say.
I was wondering if I could make a case for Barrier being a "Standard move" for Mr. Mime. This is mostly because a Mr. Mime who can't use Barriers is kind of like a Charmander without a tail flame o_0 …
If you think Barrier is a little too strong battle-wise to be "Standard", could I at least use it in non-battle situations?

Last edited:

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
Oh my god, drunk.. I must comment that your character is very, very, very interesting! xD (love how you matched the description with the picture btw)

drunk ¬_¬

Koga Bunshin no Jutsu!
Years
Oh my god, drunk.. I must comment that your character is very, very, very interesting! xD (love how you matched the description with the picture btw)
Thanks, I'm glad you liked him! :D

I'm still reading through your character, but I must say that that team is pretty boss! :3

By the way, is the site being ridiculously slow for everyone? Or is it just me?

EDIT: Hey, I just wanted to point out that I changed the levels of my Pokémon, because I realized that Mr. Mime wouldn't have learned Light Screen and Reflect until level 22, and that level 35 was WAY too little for a specimen as magnificent as Hasha :cool:

@ Mega: Your character is sooo cute! :knockedou
I realize she's a bit of a beginner (though a tough one at that), but she might learn a thing or two if she's willing to listen to an old man's ramblings of former grandeur… ;)

Last edited:

Zavytar

Lonely Planet Boy
Years
Finally, after hours of work, it's done! Let me know if it needs changing.

Full Name:
Dorian "Dee Dee" Dammer
Age (16+):18
Hometown: Viridian City, Kanto
Appearance: Dee Dee stands at about 5' 8'', and looks like the picture below:
Spoiler:

Dee Dee is rarely seen without his leather jacket, black T-shirt and dark denim jeans. He got this outfit after finding out about his father's death and turning into the usually gloomy person he is today.

Personality:
Dorian, or Dee Dee, as he likes to be called, is one pessimistic person. The guy has problems seeing the silver lining of things, and will always think about the worst that can possibly happen. However, that doesn't mean he won't go out of his way to achieve his goals, or help someone in need. He loves Pokémon and hates it when someone mistreats a Pokémon (or another person). He will try to fight and stop those people he sees as bullies, which was the reason he befriended Ayame when he was so little (see Biography).
Speaking of Ayame, Dee Dee has a slight crush on her. He was felt this way for her ever since she comforted him after learning the truth about his father's absence. He trusts her completely and will not hesitate to help her or ask for her help. In spite of this, he hasn't told her about the feelings he has for her yet.

Biography: Dorian Dammer was born in Viridian City. His mother, Lillian Dammer (née Langdon) was a housewife and his father, Robert Dammer, worked as a car salesman, and the family was pretty well-off in the beginning. However, just months after Dorian's birth, Robert was confronted by a street thug who wanted to rob him of Pokémon. Having no Pokémon of his own and having the thug no sanity, the latter left Dorian fatherless. Lillian, devastated about this incident, decided to keep her husband's demise a secret from Dorian so as not to hurt him, and told the boy that his father left to become a Pokémon Trainer and that he would come back once he learned how to speak at age two. When he was about four years old, he help a girl fend off some bullies who tormented her. The girl's name was Ayame, and they quickly became friends. They became closer as they grew up, and by the time Dorian was a teenager he had already told Ayame about his dream: to finally meet his father when he came back. At the age of ten he started going by the name of Dee Dee.
Then, at age thirteen, something crushed him completely. He was watching TV when he heard a news report on a murderer being finally sent to jail. The murderer was none other than the thug who took Dorian's father away from him. And, as the photo of Robert Dammer appeared on the screen, Lillian quickly covered his eyes. She explained everything to the teenager and both ended up in tears as Dee Dee learned the truth about his family. Having lost his dreams, he believed his whole life was a lie, but luckily he still had his best friend Ayame, who comforted him.
Thanks to Ayame, he found a new goal in life and decided to be a Pokémon Trainer. He got his Pokémon from Viridian Forest, where he would play with his best friend. But his goals in life are not the only thing that changed about Dee Dee. His feelings for Ayame also changed, as he developed a slight crush on her.

Pokémon:

Species:
Eevee
Nickname: Neon
Level: 26
Ability: Adaptability
Moveset: Tackle, Tail Whip, Quick Attack, Bite, Return, Take Down.

Personality: Neon considers Dee Dee his best friend, and is extremely loyal to him. He will risk his life to protect him, and knows that the boy would do the same. He is usually calm and takes things easy, which can make him a bit lazy at times. He is also the voice of reason in Dee Dee's team.
Short Bio: Neon met Dee Dee one day he was taking a walk around the city. The boy found a stray Eevee who was injured and took it to the Pokémon Center. The Eevee decided to follow Dee Dee everywhere he went and eventually became his Pokémon.

Species: Butterfree
Nickname: Queenie
Level: 24
Ability: Compoundeyes
Moveset: Tackle, Psybeam, Sleep Powder, Attract, Bug Bite.
Personality: Queenie is cheerful and kind of a prankster, and loves to mess with Dee Dee and his Pokémon for fun. However, she might go too far, and will be deeply sorry and beg for forgiveness once she realizes she crossed the line.
Short Bio: Queenie was the first Pokémon Dee Dee caught in a battle. After going into Viridian Forest with Neon for the first time, they encountered a wild Caterpie and battled her. Dee Dee ended up catching her with relative ease, and she has evolved twice and become stronger since then.

Species: Grovyle
Nickname: Marc
Level: 29
Ability: Overgrow
Moveset: Pound, Leer, Quick Attack, Absorb, Leaf Blade, Brick Break.
Personality: Marc is one paranoid Grovyle. He doesn't trust any human, not even Dorian, but he will stay loyal to him in spite of that. He is also very volatile and will tend to react badly when it's not necessary.
Short Bio: Marc was abandoned by his trainer when he was a Treecko because he was "too weak and wouldn't evolve", which made him resent humans and strive to become stronger and stronger. He met Dee Dee one day the boy was playing in Viridian Forest, and attacked him almost right away. The boy's Eevee, Neon, stepped up to protect him, and Marc evolved during that battle. Dee Dee and Marc battled many times, before the Grovyle saw the bond between him and his Pokémon and decided to follow him.

Last edited:

Mystical Mermaid

Resident Mermaid
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jul 22, 2012
I hope this is acceptable. If it's okay with you, the egg is going to hatch into a Togepi at some point. If you'd rather, though you can choose what will come out of it instead. I do have a profile made out for the hatchling, which I'll replace the egg's information with when that occurs.

Full Name: Skylar Weathers, or Sky for short
Hometown: Saffron City
Appearance:
Spoiler:

Standing at 5'3''. Skylar is a little short for his age, and his body frame is somewhat on the frail side. Despite this, he's quite athletic for someone coming from a family of psychics. With dirty blond hair and emerald eyes, he doesn't appear offset from his slightly tanned skin. This skin tone is natural; Skylar very rarely visits the beach and has never set foot in a tanning salon. Though he's anything but a fanshionista, Sky understands the importance of dressing nicely when he needs to. Generally, he prefers to wear a yellow T-shirt under a green and red track jacket, with matching shorts. His feet are covered by standard-issue track shoes and loose socks.

Personality: Skylar is a very laid back and casual fellow, though he can be fully attentive when he needs to be. Even tempered and cheerful, he's not overly eager to make new friends, but still enjoys meeting new people and seeing new sights. When it does come down to making friends, Sky makes no distinction between human and Pokemon, and treats them both equally. He's more than willing to help out someone in need, and doesn't expect any reward. As expected for someone coming from a family of psychics, Skylar is intelligent and calculating, though occasionally lacking in street smarts and social skills. As an ammeter comedian, he delights in making people laugh and has a great sense of humor, but also knows when he needs to be serious.

Sky takes a tactical approach to Pokemon battles, and will often change strategies several times throughout a fight, especially when battling with Anna. Though he's had his fair share of battles and a Pokemon League placing, he's not as experienced as most Trainers his age. Skylar would rather teach is Pokemon to perform tricks and make people laugh than train for competitions, but doesn't forget that's what is expected of him as a Trainer.

Biography: Skylar was born to one of the families of Saffron City's famous psychics. Though his parents cherished their little boy, the rest of the family became disappointed when his own ethereal abilities never seemed to emerge. At the age of two, Skylar received his first Pokemon, a young Ralts whom his family hoped would help the boy develop psychic powers. Though this never seemed to happen, the two got along very well. Growing up in such close contact with humans, the Ralts, now named Anna began to learn human speech, and could communicate both verbally and telepathically with just about anyone. This only brought Skylar and Anna even closer to each other, and by the time Skylar was ten, they had become best friends.

Even with minimal battling, their bond was so close that by the time Skylar was able to obtain a Trainer's license, Anna had already evolved into a Kirlia. Even though he already had a Pokemon with whom he was very close, it was still common practice for children to receive a "starter" from Professor Oak. Before beginning his journey in earnest, Skylar traveled to Pallet Town like many children before him, and chose a young Squirtle to be his new partner. Anna was equally pleased with her Trainer's new Pokemon, though the little guy turned out to be quite the prankster, and occasionally got the team in fair degree of trouble.

Time went on, and Skylar eventually collected the eight badges of Kanto from the gyms across the region. At this point, however, he was beginning to realize that battling was perhaps not his cup of tea. He took more delight in teaching his Pokemon to do things like juggle balls or perform slapstick comedy. It was then that he realized he wanted to become a Pokemon comedian... whatever that entailed. Of course, he had already journeyed across Kanto and wasn't going to let that go to waste. The time had come to enter the regional Pokemon League.

Skylar placed in the top ten of the Indigo League, and was satisfied despite not emerging the Champion. Finally, he could begin his career as a Pokemon comedian, though he was still not sure of just what that was. Together with Anna and Kame-sama, he studied humor theory and learned various tricks and stunts. This seemed to be the boy's calling, and though he had yet to become famous, he enjoyed making both humans and Pokemon alike laugh and bringing smiles to their faces. The years passed slowly but happily for Skylar until shortly after his sixteenth birthday.

After performing a show to modest success at the Vermillion City docks, Skylar was approached by two spunky teenagers. They offered him a free ticket for a cruise aboard the legendary SS Anne. Skylar was suspicious at first, but eventually accepted the offer after Anna convinced him he needed a vacation. The boy still remains cautious as he embarks on this journey, thinking there has to be a catch.

Pokemon:
282.gif
008.gif
AniEggMS.png

Spoiler:

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
Uhmm... :3 is my character accepted after i made the changes?

Oh yes, sorry, I think I left a post comment as I was in a rush. You're in :).

Meganium90, Drunk ¬ ¬, Mick Fizz and Mystical Mermaid - You are all accepted! I haven't thoroughly checked levels/moves but those are only minor anyway. If anything comes up I'll VM/PM you.

7:45 am. Barely awake. DX

Oh and Drunk I think it's fair to give the barrier Pokémon use of Barrier, so you can upgrade that to a standard move for him.

drunk ¬_¬

Koga Bunshin no Jutsu!
Years

Oh yes, sorry, I think I left a post comment as I was in a rush. You're in :).

Meganium90, Drunk ¬ ¬, Mick Fizz and Mystical Mermaid - You are all accepted! I haven't thoroughly checked levels/moves but those are only minor anyway. If anything comes up I'll VM/PM you.

7:45 am. Barely awake. DX

Oh and Drunk I think it's fair to give the barrier Pokémon use of Barrier, so you can upgrade that to a standard move for him.
Oh sweet! Thanks. :)
I'll edit that in right now.

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
Aw, all the spots are taken? Damn, this looks like it would've been fun.

Afraid so!

Ok I think the first post is now up to date, so far 10 characters have been accepted, with 5 more reserves to write up their SUs.

SylveonStar

Sylveon
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 15, 2017
I'm really glad I made my sign up when I did. when I first looked at this RP I thought it was so cool but was afraid I'd have to much on my plate. But the RP's I'm in are kinda slow so I reconsidered :3.

Really glad I did or I would have missed out big time. Can't wait for this to start.

Sapphire Rose

[I]Only thorns left on this rose.[/I]
Years
I can't wait for this RP to start either :3 alot of the RP's i RPed in have died ^^;; i hope this one doesnt :3

Mystical Mermaid

Resident Mermaid
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jul 22, 2012
Thanks for accepting me. I'm also really excited about this RP. Anna the Gardevior can't wait for the ship to set sail because her Trainer badly needs a vacation. Too bad for her there's more than meets the eye around here. :badsmile:

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
Almost done my SU!

It just took a little longer than expected because PC was down for me. ;w;

Great! :) I know it's been a pain for me too, couldn't get on at all late last night ;_;.

I'm currently formatting the IC post, it is going to include summaries of all characters, including Pokémon lists, levels, moves, etc. - So that I can change them as and when needed.

Should be submitted later tonight >:3

EDIT://

Miss Doronjo, WestsideConnection, Pokeman1000 and King!. Just to inform you that your 48 hour reservations end tonight. As a bonus I'll give you all until midnight (GMT), which is just under 6 hours from the edit time of this post. If you don't have complete SUs by then I will open the spaces up and it will be first come first serve - sorry!

1 spot remaining due to one reserve dropping out.

Last edited:
Back