• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

✧ Rockin' Around ~ The Rock-type Fan Club ✧

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
WELCOME TO THE ROCK-TYPE FAN CLUB

20130823144534!142Aerodactyl.png

Rock-types have been part of the world from the very beginning, through the hard fought victories and the bumps along the road. This club is here to express our love for them with journeys up ahead.

Rules

• All PokeCommunity rules apply here
  • In order to join, you must fill in the sign-up form
  • Respect all members in the group
  • Remember that this club is meant to be fun, so no fighting or anything of the sort

Sign-Up Form

Username:
Partner Pokemon (1 or 2):
(Optional) Partner(s) Nickname(s):
What strikes you about Rock-types:

The Rock 'mons
185.png
299.png
377.png
408.png
409.png
438.png
524.png
525.png
526.png
074.png
075.png
076.png
095.png
138.png
139.png
140.png
141.png
142.png
246.png
247.png
248.png
337.png
338.png
345.png
346.png
347.png
348.png
410.png
411.png
476.png
566.png
567.png
639.png
111.png
112.png
464.png
213.png
219.png
222.png
304.png
305.png
306.png
369.png
557.png
558.png
564.png
565.png

Members

Bedrock
Pave Low
Ani564MS.png
Ani377MS.png
Ani142MS.png

Bricks

Stones

Pebbles
(Where everyone begins)
TrainerMusaddiq
Ani248MS.png

jellicentfan1
Ani564MS.png

AlexOzzyCake
Ani304MS.png
Ani369MS.png

TwilightBlade
Ani248MS.png
Ani142MS.png

Victreebel's Bro
Ani345MS.png
Ani524MS.png

CloysterOyster
Ani337MS.png
Ani338MS.png

Narnia
Ani142MS.png

Slayr231
Ani346MS.png
Ani526MS.png

Rank Privileges
Spoiler:

Topics
Current
What is your favorite rock-type move and why?

Past

Why did you choose the partner Pokemon(s) you currently own?
What is your favorite rock-type evolution line and why?
What rock-types do you think are overrated and underrated? Why?

Last edited:

Dark Shadow 6

Friends Till The End
Years
Username:
Partner Pokemon:
248.png

Nickname(s): Beast
What strikes you about Rock-types: i think rock type are powerfull and awesome

Why did you choose the partner Pokemon(s) you currently own? I Own
248.png
Because his my favorite rock type pokemon and also for his power and design :)

Years
Username:
Partner Pokemon:
248.png

Nickname(s): Beast
What strikes you about Rock-types: i think rock type are powerfull and awesome

Why did you choose the partner Pokemon(s) you currently own? I Own
248.png
Because his my favorite rock type pokemon and also for his power and design :)
Added :3

Why did you choose the partner Pokemon(s) you currently own: I chose Tirtouga as my first partner because he is my favorite rock-type and water-type Pokemon, I've always had a soft spot for it and I consider it the child of my partner Pokemon. It's such a cute little sea turtle that I could cuddle all day long and that isn't something you can say for most rock-type Pokemon.

I chose Regirock as my second partner because, to me, it is the guardian of rock-type Pokemon and as the owner, I wanted to have a Pokemon that represented my rank, in a way. That isn't rhe only reason, I've always been a fan of the Regi family (Regirock the most) and I very much like it's design and the way it battles in the Anime.

And as a co-owner or higher, I have a 3rd partner Pokemon. This is Aerodactyl, one of, if not the, oldest Pokemon. I absolutely love Aerodactyl and I see it in both a fierce and cute perspective, which is normally what I look for in Pokemon when choosing partners. I use Aerodactyl in competitive battle a bit of the time and I've really grown to liking it.

The general selection of my partners were also influenced by the fact that there will be partner events from time to time, so I have chosen different kinds of them to make it more interesting. Furthermore, I like seeing my partners as a family, and I will try to incorporate that into topics and events.

Sirfetch’d

Always been a huge fan of Rock type Pokemon, so I am definitely joining this club~!

Username
: jellicentfan1(jelli)
Partner: Tirtouga(Aqua Turtle)
564.png

What strikes you about rock types?

Honestly I find Rock types interesting because they have such variations in powers. You have Rock types like Regirock, Shuckle, Probopass, Rhypherior, etc. that are defensive monsters and can take numerous hits before fainting. These Pokemon are great for setting up Hazards such as Stealth Rock or using Toxic to stall out the opponent. You also have powerful Rock Pokemon such as Archeops, Omastar, Kabutops, Tyranitar, etc. that are capable of pulling of a sweep. Rock Pokemon are just flat out useful for lots of things and I always like to use one on my team if possible <3

Why did you choose the partner Pokemon(s) you currently own:

I also chose Tirtouga because he is simply adorable. While I was a fan of both fossils in Black and White, Tirtouga was a bit more appealing. He didn't have a detrimental ability and had a more balanced, yet still strong stat layout. He can perform a Shell Smash sweep and is guaranteed to get off at least one Shell Smash due to his excellent ability, Sturdy. He evolves into one of my favorite gen 5 Pokemon, Carracosta. Overall this evolutionary line was one of the best that appeared in Unova =]

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
Username: AlexOzzyCake
Partner Pokemon (1 or 2): Aron and Relicanth!
What strikes you about Rock-types: Seems like a cop out answer, but they're just really cool haha. I admire their strength, their defences, their designs, and their moves. They're one of those types that has nothing overly interesting about them but they manage to have so many cool aspects that they form something great. I don't know if this makes sense at all, but there's not much to comment on other than them being a generally very cool type haha.

I have countless favourite Rock-type Pokémon including most of the fossils, Relicanth, the Aron family, Regirock , Dwebble, and many more, but I choose Aron and Relicanth as partners because... well, honestly because I couldn't decide so I used a random generator haha. Relicanth is my favourite due to his history, design, shiny colour (<333) and how fun he is to use, but I really do wish he was a bit better and was a viable use for battling. I love Aron too and the whole family is just one massive pile of badassness, but they don't have the cool mysterious feel to them that Relicanth carries haha.

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
Years
Username: TwilightBlade
Partner Pokemon (1 or 2): Aerodactyl and Tyranitar
Partners Nicknames: Alexander and Trixie
What strikes you about Rock-types: They're tough and scary, and they're a beast in Sandstorm. Don't underestimate Rock types! I've been able to count on them when using them in-game and competitive before.

Aerodactyl - I had one in FRLG named Alexander and it was a real powerhouse on my team. I had another one in Emerald, IV bred and good natured, and I used him to win a local tournament. Aero strikes very hard and fast, and rarely gives the enemy an opportunity to counter. Some Rock types are slow, but he can be deadly.
Tyranitar - I actually never had one in GSC. My brother raised one in Crystal and traded me it. I was pretty lazy to train my Pupitar. See, I just turned on my Crystal like 10 years later and mine is still a Pupitar in the box... Nonetheless! I had one in the Gamecube games named Trixie. She was pretty tough!

I've also used an Aggron, Rhyperior, and Carracosta on my teams. I love my RNG abused Kabutops too. Rock types are rad!

Years
Username: AlexOzzyCake
Partner Pokemon (1 or 2): Aron and Relicanth!
What strikes you about Rock-types: Seems like a cop out answer, but they're just really cool haha. I admire their strength, their defences, their designs, and their moves. They're one of those types that has nothing overly interesting about them but they manage to have so many cool aspects that they form something great. I don't know if this makes sense at all, but there's not much to comment on other than them being a generally very cool type haha.

I have countless favourite Rock-type Pokémon including most of the fossils, Relicanth, the Aron family, Regirock , Dwebble, and many more, but I choose Aron and Relicanth as partners because... well, honestly because I couldn't decide so I used a random generator haha. Relicanth is my favourite due to his history, design, shiny colour (<333) and how fun he is to use, but I really do wish he was a bit better and was a viable use for battling. I love Aron too and the whole family is just one massive pile of badassness, but they don't have the cool mysterious feel to them that Relicanth carries haha.

Username: TwilightBlade
Partner Pokemon (1 or 2): Aerodactyl and Tyranitar
Partners Nicknames: Alexander and Trixie
What strikes you about Rock-types: They're tough and scary, and they're a beast in Sandstorm. Don't underestimate Rock types! I've been able to count on them when using them in-game and competitive before.

Aerodactyl - I had one in FRLG named Alexander and it was a real powerhouse on my team. I had another one in Emerald, IV bred and good natured, and I used him to win a local tournament. Aero strikes very hard and fast, and rarely gives the enemy an opportunity to counter. Some Rock types are slow, but he can be deadly.
Tyranitar - I actually never had one in GSC. My brother raised one in Crystal and traded me it. I was pretty lazy to train my Pupitar. See, I just turned on my Crystal like 10 years later and mine is still a Pupitar in the box... Nonetheless! I had one in the Gamecube games named Trixie. She was pretty tough!

I've also used an Aggron, Rhyperior, and Carracosta on my teams. I love my RNG abused Kabutops too. Rock types are rad!
Both of you are added, welcome to the club!

Victreebel's Bro

The Day Is My Enemy
Years
Username: Victreebel's Bro
Partner pokemon: Lileep and Roggenrola
Partner's nicknames: Palmtree and Stonehenge

What strikes you about the rock type?: Mainly their usefulness in sand teams. They gain quite a lot of bulk once a sandstorm is up. They are also the type that's strong against the most types in the game (tied with fighting). There is also a pretty large variety of the rock type, some like bastiodon and probopass can sponge loads of hits, while others like tyranitar and kabutops are just monstrous. They also have some of the coolest designs, if you ask me.

Why did you choose the partner pokemon you currently own?: I had a lileep in emerald and once I got it it instantly became a favourite. It was a very reliable teammate since I chose torchic as my starter. Cradily has huge bulk and can be pretty offensive as well, but Lileep is my favourite. I chose roggenrola because I currently have a boldore in my nuzlocke team. Since I have both a leavanny and a servine, its very helpful against flying types. Gigalith is a tank and an excellent stealth rock user, but my favourite of the three is the little guy.

Years
Username: Victreebel's Bro
Partner pokemon: Lileep and Roggenrola
Partner's nicknames: Palmtree and Stonehenge

What strikes you about the rock type?: Mainly their usefulness in sand teams. They gain quite a lot of bulk once a sandstorm is up. They are also the type that's strong against the most types in the game (tied with fighting). There is also a pretty large variety of the rock type, some like bastiodon and probopass can sponge loads of hits, while others like tyranitar and kabutops are just monstrous. They also have some of the coolest designs, if you ask me.

Why did you choose the partner pokemon you currently own?: I had a lileep in emerald and once I got it it instantly became a favourite. It was a very reliable teammate since I chose torchic as my starter. Cradily has huge bulk and can be pretty offensive as well, but Lileep is my favourite. I chose roggenrola because I currently have a boldore in my nuzlocke team. Since I have both a leavanny and a servine, its very helpful against flying types. Gigalith is a tank and an excellent stealth rock user, but my favourite of the three is the little guy.

Added! Welcome to the club n.n

Also, there is a new topic:

I am looking to introduce some userbars here, so if anyone can help with that, that would be great! Also, when a few more members arrive, I will start an event so be aware of that. :3

Sirfetch’d

My favorite Rock Type evolutionary line would probably be the Larvitar, Pupitar, and Tyranitar line. I first used Tyranitar back when playing Crystal and I wasn't a huge fan. I found him incredibly hard to obtain and the training to get Pupitar to evolve, just simply wasn't worth it. This all changed when I started playing competitively. I found so much use for these Pokemon with Larvitar being an excellent Pokemon to use in LC and Tyranitar has always been one of the best Pokemon in all of the OU metagame. I love using sand teams and no one is better than Tyranitar at that. This family is pure power, especially Larvitar and Tyranitar. Not to mention this entire evolutionary line is one of the better looking ones out there.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
My favourite Rock-type evolutionary line is the Aron family! It goes from being a cute little pebble of loveableness to being one massive badass of an armour plated dinosaur - is there anything cooler than that? Lairon isn't too interesting, he's just a Rhyhorn that happened to stumble into an iron foundry, but Aron and Aggron make the line my favourite by far. I do love all of the fossils (bar Cradily ew) and I'm a fan of all of the Rock-type families, but this line takes the prize for me just for being so unique and impressive in such an endearing way.

Sirfetch’d

My favourite Rock-type evolutionary line is the Aron family! It goes from being a cute little pebble of loveableness to being one massive badass of an armour plated dinosaur - is there anything cooler than that? Lairon isn't too interesting, he's just a Rhyhorn that happened to stumble into an iron foundry, but Aron and Aggron make the line my favourite by far. I do love all of the fossils (bar Cradily ew) and I'm a fan of all of the Rock-type families, but this line takes the prize for me just for being so unique and impressive in such an endearing way.

For some reason I totally forgot about this family which may actually be my favorite. Aggron is extremely amazing because he is so powerful. I love using one on my team and with access to a great move in Metal Burst and combining that with his stellar ability, Sturdy, if you can correctly predict a move you are almost guaranteed to fire back and KO the opponent. Aggron also has the ability to fire off an extremely powerful Head Smash which can devastate the other team. All in all this is a really cool evolutionary family that is head and shoulders better than the other rhino Pokemon line~!

Years

Ah, for me, I never choose favorites by battle ability or how effective they can be in battle. Actually I think watching the anime has a big effect on my favorite evolutionary line because when I see the Pokemon in the anime, I see how they behave, move, battle, look etc. and even the "okay" Pokemon can still win battles. My favorite line has always been the Golem line for rock-types. All the Pokemon down that line appeal to me in different ways, with Golem being my favorite of the 3. I'm not even sure exactly why I like Golem that much, I think it maybe because he resembles the rock-type the best of the 3 and the best of all the rock-types. Plus, I've always been a fan of it's design, as well as Geodude and Graveler, something about the way they look gives me different (in a good way) views about them straight away. I've also always had a general liking to Geodude, I think he's a bit of cutie in some ways, and at the same time radiates it's toughness. Graveler quite similarly, to be honest, I know he doesn't generally get seen as a cute Pokemon, in fact he gets seen as ugly. But there is something about him, and it may be that I did a Graveler solo once on Leaf Green and have loved him from that day because he was so amazing. Anyway, this will probably always remain my favorite rock-type evolutionary line unless they do something amazing in Gen 6 or other Gens if they make more.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
Do you guys find it weird that no one seems to like Onix much? It's a pretty cool Pokémon and I guess it has an interesting design, but it certainly isn't close to being a fan favourite. Given that it's Brock's main Pokémon (or at least used to be) and that it's such a quirky Pokémon to have been given so much spotlight over the years doesn't it seem odd that no one is overly bothered about it? Correct me if I'm wrong of course, if anyone here's a huge Onix fan then by all means shoot me down on this point, but it's a Pokémon that I've always found really surprising in this regard haha. I like it, but it should've achieved so much more fame than it has...

Would anyone agree?

Sirfetch’d

Do you guys find it weird that no one seems to like Onix much? It's a pretty cool Pokémon and I guess it has an interesting design, but it certainly isn't close to being a fan favourite. Given that it's Brock's main Pokémon (or at least used to be) and that it's such a quirky Pokémon to have been given so much spotlight over the years doesn't it seem odd that no one is overly bothered about it? Correct me if I'm wrong of course, if anyone here's a huge Onix fan then by all means shoot me down on this point, but it's a Pokémon that I've always found really surprising in this regard haha. I like it, but it should've achieved so much more fame than it has...

Would anyone agree?

Yeah, I feel like Onix is a pretty interesting Pokemon I mean..it's a rock snake! That itself is pretty cool. As you stated, it really shined in the anime with Brock, but yet you don't see anyone using it or listing it as one of their favorite Pokemon. Honestly, I think that this is because he is really not a great Pokemon to use in battle. His defense is decent, but other than that, his stats are borderline horrid. Not to mention that he has a ton of weaknesses including a 4x weakness to Water type moves which are super common. In the anime he was made out to be a powerful Pokemon, but in reality he isn't and I think that is why people aren't a fan of this Pokemon. However, his evolution is quite popular!

CloysterOyster

Master of Ice
Years
Username: CloysterOyster
Partners: Lunatone and Solrock (can't keep them separated {XD})
What strikes me about Rock-types: They're offensively and defensively strong. Their rock bodies can take the brute of most attacks and their attacks, like Sandstorm and Rock Slide, can cause trouble for an opponent.

Years
Welcome to the club CO!~

Also, new topic:
What rock-types do you think are overrated and underrated? Why?

Sirfetch’d

I don't know if there is a Rock type Pokemon that is overrated because most of them reside in such low tiers and many have such low usage. If I did have to pick one though, I would say Archeops. This Pokemon is the definition of powerful and I like him, but he has one of the worst abilities in the entire game, Defeatist. At half HP, his attack is sliced in half which makes him pretty much useless. This is a quick strike Pokemon that can devastate a team, but in reality he is easy to take down. All you need is a speedy Pokemon and he is either 1HKO'ed due to his pitiful defense or Defeatist kicks in.

If I had to pick an underrated Rock Pokemon, I would say Omastar. This Pokemon resides in the RU tier, but can become a threat to the highest level. He has a great Sp. Atk stat, Swift Swim, and access to the best boosting move in the game, Shell Smash. If given the right circumstances to set up, this Pokemon will sweep your entire team with ease. I am not sure why he isn't used and appreciated more because this is a fantastic Pokemon!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back