• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Which starter did you choose?

MuffinPaula

「PONPON!? ??
Years
GreenLeaf: Charzard

SS: Totodile and Chikorita

Diamond: Turtwig
Pearl: Piplup
Platinum: Turtwig

Black: Snivy
White: Oshawott

Never played Hoenn Series

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Mar 2, 2016
In FireRed I chose Charmander the first time. I tried out squirtle once or twice, but I ended up starting over again with Charmander.
In Sapphire and Emerald I switched between Mudkip and Torchic every time I started over again.

DexHolderBlue

The Sneaky Thief
Years
For Sapphire, I chose Mudkip the first time around. I've played through the game with all three, but Mudkip is still my favorite to this day.

I chose Charmander in FireRed. Boy that first gym was heck. xD

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
Years
  • Seen Apr 27, 2020
I never played R/B, I had Yellow so naturally I had Pikachu, and when I played FR/LG I chose Charmander. In RSE I chose Treecko the first time but I also had a Mudkip another time.

Ciax

Ledian Used Starlight!
Years
I always choose the water starter so naturally I chose mudkip and squirtle. To this day I have never beaten R/S/E with a starter that isnt mudkip. I plan to play through it one day with treeko. I just love mudkip too much.

Years
  • Seen May 26, 2012
i always choose fire type. i hate grass, flowers etc. and it's not difficult to have a powerful water type. Magikarp is always there and waiting for become a powerful gyarados.

Game Over1375

Hito-Shura is awesome
Years
On Ruby and Emerald I chose Torchic. <3 On LG, I chose Bulbasaur, due to having had chosen Charmander on Red and Squirtle on Blue. XD

Snivy063

Banned
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jul 16, 2012
I chose Mudkip on R/S/E & Bulbasaur for LG/FR. I picked them randomly.

lacella

monsters & macarons.
Years
  • Seen Jan 22, 2012
charmander and mudkip! (: i just thought they were really cute, haha.

NidoJosh

Unleash your inner Nidocity
Years
charmander.png

FireRed - I chose Charmander
I mean seriously it was an easy choice for me. Having watched the anime and seeing how beast Charizard was :3
Plus Charmander had the best design IMO and plus he could Fly which was really cool!

treecko.png

Originally in Emerald I had chosen Treecko
Played through the game but didn't really like Sceptile so I restarted :3

torchic.png

In Emerald I chose Torchic for the restart.
Purely for the fact that it could evolve into Blaziken eventually
Blaziken looked beast and watched him verse Charizard in the anime.

Palcks

some nights.
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Nov 30, 2012
Treecko and Bulbasaur, because I'm a sucker for Grass-types. I love the other starters, but I guess I just wanted these two a lot more. :P

Back